Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Ah, so the email I received yesterday did not come from a leprechaun who was out to taunt me but from someone seeking to make an old mature man happy.  And there'll be a smiling face at my 'local' retailer as he absorb's another week's worth of my pension at a future date.  D6600 looks to be spot on against a published photo and good to see that it, correctly of course, doesn't have headboard clips.  Correction it didn't have a boiler as it was to diagram DE3003/3 but had through steam pipes.  Interestingly it was not marked with  'NB' hand painted bekow the running number although that local touch might well, have come later?

Which of course still leaves some room for more WR versions (particularly the RSH built variety, with headboard clips - D6898 pretty please).  But also a Vulcan Foundry built example with headboard clips so a CentraL Wales spotlight fitted version would then be possible for those who want one or one which has got slightly lost.   Greed is a terrible thing so I'll now shut up but add a thank you.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Apologies if I’ve missed an earlier post, but I presume we’re close to seeing the first split headcode production samples.

Loosely translated as “Are we nearly there yet? “ 

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, CoBoLoco said:

Saturday is the 1st of April... 

we must be guarenteed to get a Multiple Unit announcement then…

other options for April 1st…

Class 01

Class 25

Class 139

class 230

TT range (that was soooo… last year)*

British HO*

Motorised Pony*

Modern Railroad range*

* could be multi-types, including also Unicorns and Pegasus’s,.. in Ponys, HO, TT and Railroad.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Chilly said:

Nah Class 31 in Network Rail, this was agreed with McC on the Class 31 thread March 17th 😉

That would be good, but I suspect a 66 or Manor, only ones with no exclusives on their site. 

Edited by Ncarter2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

37 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Just ordered three from the 2nd batch. I hope and pray that the exclusive is a ROG 37800 from its 60th Birthday repaint. Please, if there is a God 🙏🙏

Easy fella , you’ll pull a muscle. It’s only a model !

• Funny 4

14 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Me too.  I still have ten Lima 37s, mostly certificated limited editions.  Might as well take them out of their boxes and give them a run from time to time.

Yes, but when you look at the price of a New Hornby Railroad its still a bargain.....and still more print detail! 

Its never going to meet modern standards, but still they are alright.   Nothing to fall off apart from buffers, coupling hooks or clear lenses in the lights! 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Me too.  I still have ten Lima 37s, mostly certificated limited editions.  Might as well take them out of their boxes and give them a run from time to time.

Flip side if theres a nuclear magnetic pulse in the atmosphere, the Lima locos will keep on running.

So theres a strategic reserve argument to your fleet.

😃

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 7

On 29/03/2023 at 13:55, jools1959 said:

No Inverness based 37/0's or 37/4's announced, @class26 won't be happy ☹️😂

They seem to be supplying something for everybody at a rate we can afford instead of flooding the market with more Scottish locos than many Scottish modellers can afford, then Producing more Stratford locos than London modellers can afford, then more Cardiff examples than Welsh modellers can afford.

They seem to be announcing new batches fairly regularly with a sensible selection in each. They have already produced some Inverness locos & I am sure they will produce more .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Have I missed something? 

I guess so.

In 1990s:

37043 (Large logo blue) & 37029 (BE Blue with a white stripe) both with Scottie dog logo

& more up to date, 37402 & 37409 both in Large logo blue with the more modern OLE warning flashes & Scottie dog logos.

All now showing as sold out on Accurascale's website.

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, 97406 said:

Apologies if I’ve missed an earlier post, but I presume we’re close to seeing the first split headcode production samples.

Loosely translated as “Are we nearly there yet? “ 

Hi @97406,

We have signed off the artwork via painted bodies and await fully finished models, which we expect very shortly. Once we have them they'll get snapped and put up for all to see! 

18 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Looking forward to the “crews” for the Class 37s too now. Very impressed with those for the Deltics.

Just wondering if there will be any packs of two drivers (for current era high viz, single manning or drivers under training etc) ?

Hi @norfolkchinaclay,

Excellent! We will have crews of all eras, and we did our 92s with packs of 2, so expect the same for the 37s!

37 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

They seem to be supplying something for everybody at a rate we can afford instead of flooding the market with more Scottish locos than many Scottish modellers can afford, then Producing more Stratford locos than London modellers can afford, then more Cardiff examples than Welsh modellers can afford.

They seem to be announcing new batches fairly regularly with a sensible selection in each. They have already produced some Inverness locos & I am sure they will produce more .

Hi @Pete the Elaner,

As we say at shows "we'll do everything and get around to them" but we need to pace ourselves for the sake of production and the sake of your wallets of course! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I guess so.

In 1990s:

37043 (Large logo blue) & 37029 (BE Blue with a white stripe) both with Scottie dog logo

& more up to date, 37402 & 37409 both in Large logo blue with the more modern OLE warning flashes & Scottie dog logos.

So theoretically not Inverness 37s , also 402/409 are not suitable for modelling 80s/90s versions

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I guess so.

In 1990s:

Aah, that famous bit of Inverness in Glasgow 😉

Roy

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

Still an accurate EWS liveried 37/4 , but more importantly 37/0 preferably split box like 051/042/114 would have my wallet running scared * (* other cliches are available ).

And what's even better I know it'll be a good seller as I know 3000 people who want one ;)

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Roy Langridge said:

Aah, that famous bit of Inverness in Glasgow 😉

Roy

Stand by for a shock: Transport moves.

A loco from March working its way into London then failing before being repaired in a nearby workshop then getting allocated to local duties for a few weeks/months would not be at all uncommon.

Just as a 37 running from Motherwell to Inverness on a sleeper then hanging around would not be at all unexpected. It would not look at all out of place.

A 37/4 with a Welsh name running around in the Highlands would be a bit of a surprise though.

2 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Still an accurate EWS liveried 37/4 , but more importantly 37/0 preferably split box like 051/042/114 would have my wallet running scared * (* other cliches are available ).

And what's even better I know it'll be a good seller as I know 3000 people who want one ;)

Have patience. They can't please everyone at once & they are producing a steady variation. Keep the savings steady & you may see 2 that you want announced together, then nothing more for a few months while your savings recover.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Stand by for a shock: Transport moves.

A loco from March working its way into London then failing before being repaired in a nearby workshop then getting allocated to local duties for a few weeks/months would not be at all uncommon.

Just as a 37 running from Motherwell to Inverness on a sleeper then hanging around would not be at all unexpected. It would not look at all out of place.

A 37/4 with a Welsh name running around in the Highlands would be a bit of a surprise though.

But the point is, Accurascale have yet to announce any *Inverness* 37s, which had different embellishments, contrary to your post. So I can’t yet have an Inverness 37 to travel anywhere.

The West Highland Line was pretty solid Inverness locos. 

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I will admit this run does (at least currently) seem low on 37/5s and 37/7s, though I do wonder if that's because batch 2 of run 2 will feature more of these variants. Not yet ordered one as I'm pondering as to which to go for so will wait and see.