Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

2 minutes ago, McC said:

Sorry to hear it! We certainly do retain replacements and i’m sure the team will make it as painless as possible! Normally we dispatch a replacement immediately upon receipt of the return. 

Hi Stephen. 
many thanks for this. I have another seven on order and im confident that they will be fine. Im minded that when multiples ofnthese motors are being made that inevitably, there will be a small percentage of failures. 

it will be in the post as soon as i receive information back via email to 'support', of the return address details etc. 

thanks once again. First time ever that ive had to return a loco. 

many thanks 

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Krieghoff said:

Hi Stephen. 
many thanks for this. I have another seven on order and im confident that they will be fine. Im minded that when multiples ofnthese motors are being made that inevitably, there will be a small percentage of failures. 

it will be in the post as soon as i receive information back via email to 'support', of the return address details etc. 

thanks once again. First time ever that ive had to return a loco. 

many thanks 

Assuming you’ve been on to the guys, simply log into your account, choose Returns from your account area menu, input the order number, confirm the item from the order and fill out the details. The system then will generate a free collect+ return label. Simply paste it to the repacked up loco and we should have it in a few days and confirm your replacement. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, McC said:

Assuming you’ve been on to the guys, simply log into your account, choose Returns from your account area menu, input the order number, confirm the item from the order and fill out the details. The system then will generate a free collect+ return label. Simply paste it to the repacked up loco and we should have it in a few days and confirm your replacement. 

I had to return mine due  to issues with sound and bits missing which were not even in the box. Box arrived from DHL and looked liked it had been dropped and kicked around which was not great. I'm not sure why a new loco can be dispatched and arrives next day but faulty items have Yodel 72hrs even if return is due to it being faulty and returned within 2 days of arriving, so will be at least a week or more before a replacement arrives  . I think the Loco is superb and have more on preorder just wish the return process for replacement was quicker for fault items with the first 30 days.

I reckon the whole “3 shipments” thing is a ploy.  Come on, own up, how many of you did what I did, i.e. bought one of the first shipment when you weren’t planning to, purely because you couldn’t wait till the second shipment to get one in your hands?!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

I reckon the whole “3 shipments” thing is a ploy.  Come on, own up, how many of you did what I did, i.e. bought one of the first shipment when you weren’t planning to, purely because you couldn’t wait till the second shipment to get one in your hands?!

Guilty as charged

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

They got me like that, damn it!. However it has cheered me up during a rather challenging month and it is serving a useful purpose as the testbed to work out what I’m going to do with the stream of other 37s on order. I am also mulling over backdating it, either with the earlier screen mouldings if available or else Shawplan screens. Whether I do this or just invoke Rule 1 remains to be seen.

I may also do similar if there are any 37610s left over at the end.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

20 minutes ago, 97406 said:

They got me like that, damn it!. However it has cheered me up during a rather challenging month and it is serving a useful purpose as the testbed to work out what I’m going to do with the stream of other 37s on order. I am also mulling over backdating it, either with the earlier screen mouldings if available or else Shawplan screens. Whether I do this or just invoke Rule 1 remains to be seen.

Sorry to hear that and glad that it has brought you some pleasure.  Railways can help us during our darkest times, a day on 40145 helped me when I was at utter rock bottom.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Certainly not me

I bought 2. 

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

35 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Sorry to hear that and glad that it has brought you some pleasure.  Railways can help us during our darkest times, a day on 40145 helped me when I was at utter rock bottom.

Many thanks. Just think of the therapeutic effects to be gained from an Accurascale Class 40. I have 193 left to model! 

Edited by 97406

1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

Yep, they got me!

I don't like DRS livery and I hate wipac lights... So why I chose 37423 out of the 3 is still a mystery to me 🤔

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Many thanks. Just think of the therapeutic effects to be gained from an Accurascale Class 40. I have 193 left to model! 

Have you seen the latest from Bachmann via Key Model World? 40145 in LL with ELR nameplates

1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

I bought 3 despite not having a layout, just to have a play 🤣

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

Sorry to hear, hope things are picking up. I’m looking forward to seeing how you backdate 610 🤣🤣🤣

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Sorry to hear, hope things are picking up. I’m looking forward to seeing how you backdate 610 🤣🤣🤣

Oh yes, lost my Dad and a cat this month. 610 will stay as is as I quite like it. 

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Keep dropping those hints!

15 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

So which 40 would you like in the first batch Gary? 🤣

I've taken care of the obvious contender already!

image.png.8a544ee059e4731b96e28a7b380101c0.png

Sorry for the thread hijack!. Perhaps we should return to my second favourite class of diesel (soon).

• Like 5