Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

nice scene at 2m24… that crane looks fantastic next to the mk1 sub breakdown coach.

The scene at the 3 minute mark too! Smashing stuff, eh? 😎

3 hours ago, Type 2 said:

These are toy trains, not important to anyone apart from AS who have invested vast sums in this model. 

This is the most pressing comment IMO and the comment we all need to remember. These are toys and in the whole scheme of things not that important. Certainly not worth getting upset over.

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Right guys, I've finished wiring the layout, you can start dispatching the headlight tractors now. Sorry I took so long to be ready everyone, thanks for waiting for me Accurascale. 🥳

Edited by slow8dirty
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, slow8dirty said:

Right guys, I've finished wiring the layout, you can start dispatching the headlight tractors now. Sorry I took so long to be ready everyone, thanks for waiting for me Accurascale. 🥳

Bet you don’t need a WR Green version 🤭🤭🤭

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

I have a ESU sound chip to fit to a non sound 37 425

I also have the Accurathrash speaker to fit as well, am I right in saying that I only have to remove the roof which I have done.

The chip is easy to fit,

The question is do I just plug the JST plug into the JST socket on the PCB board which is marked LS.

Many Thanks Baz

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

37027 = the excitement is building

image.png.f35a2fdb6989960c703a8993e48724ef.png

The white stripe really lifted the blue livery. There’s surprisingly few pictures of it in that state online, alas.

Edited by 97406
  • Agree 1

On 02/06/2023 at 13:07, Accurascale said:

Class 37 Delivery Update June 2023

The first delivery of our highly anticipated Class 37s took place in April and has been met with amazing praise and feedback by modellers who took delivery of our EE Type 3s.

MakingTracksIII2copy.jpg.1b23bff9878fe54044585cc054708cad.jpg

Of course, with only three running numbers delivered in the first drop, modellers eagerly awaiting the other 18 running numbers are very excited and wondering when their models will arrive so they can experience the joy of their very own Accurascale Class 37.

Acc-37-0-line-ups-09.jpg.4a85c5d32bc2e7f7554d5dd9f819ddcc.jpg

Well, the good news first! The next three running numbers, 37026, 37027 and 37051 are in our warehouse and shipping begins today (June 2nd) now that the Siphon G pre-orders have more or less cleared. Also now in stock are the DCC decoders for the 37s, as  well as the EM and P4 drop in wheelsets and Class 37 drivers from Modelu.

Acc-37-0-line-ups-05.jpg.f8007a870d31112d8a40eaff79fced29.jpg

We were delighted to join the 'Charwelton into the 80s' team at Railex last month to give these three locos an outing. The exhibition visitors certainly seemed to enjoy seeing them!

370513702637027copy.jpg.f70c1f3f773e15958d10fe3136470126.jpg

We are currently reviewing the next three locos to be delivered which will be 37043, 37402 and 37409 and will share photos of these production samples later next week. These will arrive in stock in late June 2023.

WhatsApp_Image_2022-09-01_at_6_00.02_PM_17177a87-1993-410d-81fb-f47c1745f0ec_600x600copy.jpg.ebc94ae6f1212da47d530de271f295db.jpg

Batch 2 will see delivery of our Class 37/6 locomotives, including 37610 for our friends Rails of Sheffield and it will also include Accurascale Exclusive Network Rail 97301. Delivery for this larger batch of locomotives will now be mid August 2023, with production samples due with us in early July.

Class37_37602_03_5a83ff47-e165-47d3-9774-b870baa6d406_600x600copy.jpg.c62ddd01ce611d08ecac946dac40eef8.jpg

Finally, batch 3 which consists of the original 5 locomotives in as-built condition (D6700 NRM special edition, 37001, D6702, Accurascale Exclusive D6703 and D6704) are now due in late August 2023. 

We apologise for this delay, but due to the sheer demand for our Class 37s the production run has been very taxing for the factory. Production of these locomotives begun over 12 months ago, and is three times greater in volume than our Deltics. As it is the biggest locomotive production order our factory has ever dealt with to date they have learnt a lot during the process when it comes to time expectations.

3742337419Colwickcopy.jpg.05b908c2f74effa536dcfa87203ba446.jpg

As you can see from the reaction so far, they will be well worth the wait and we have plenty more planned for the future. With the first run pretty much sold out direct, make sure you check out our retail network for availability. Also, sign up for our email notifications on any sold out 37 as you never know when some may come back into stock. Just be prepared to act fast!

Acc-37-0-line-ups-01.jpg.184026df84c4b0e195f8d18c783681b3.jpg

In the meantime click below if you want to order DCC decoders, drivers, wheelsets or pre-order production run 2: https://www.accurascale.com/en-eu/search?q=class 37

Sat twiddling my thumbs waiting for my email from TMC to say 027 has dispatched 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Sat twiddling my thumbs waiting for my email from TMC to say 027 has dispatched 

Same, but with Rails. I would have thought they'd be a week or so behind the direct orders from Accurascale and I blame meself for somehow failing to order 027 direct with 043!

Looking forward to them both being delivered over the next few weeks. Large Logo is perhaps my favourite livery on a 37 and it will look good alongside my Shawplanned 37430.

@Accurascale Will you be posting some pics of the production samples of the Large Logo ones?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Same, but with Rails. I would have thought they'd be a week or so behind the direct orders from Accurascale and I blame meself for somehow failing to order 027 direct with 043!

Looking forward to them both being delivered over the next few weeks. Large Logo is perhaps my favourite livery on a 37 and it will look good alongside my Shawplanned 37430.

@Accurascale Will you be posting some pics of the production samples of the Large Logo ones?

I'm going to see if I'm happy with 027 then see if I can grab an 043 from somewhere , I had them both on order when they were announced but had to cancel due to job uncertainty during covid , I've been very busy this weekend and luckily got the layout to the point where I have track down and a long enough length of track to do a bit of test running when she turns up

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, sulzer71 said:

I'm going to see if I'm happy with 027 then see if I can grab an 043 from somewhere , I had them both on order when they were announced but had to cancel due to job uncertainty during covid , I've been very busy this weekend and luckily got the layout to the point where I have track down and a long enough length of track to do a bit of test running when she turns up

I bought 37419 (perhaps a little impulsively) and it's a great model with next level sound. I'm thinking about backdating it to late 80s condition with either Shawplan screens or better still the Accurascale inserts if it is possible to acquire them as spare parts. No rush with this one, mind.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bazil31 said:

I have a ESU sound chip to fit to a non sound 37 425

I also have the Accurathrash speaker to fit as well, am I right in saying that I only have to remove the roof which I have done.

The chip is easy to fit,

The question is do I just plug the JST plug into the JST socket on the PCB board which is marked LS.

Many Thanks Baz

Good morning Baz, I fitted both speakers & chips to my 37423 & 419 last week & the job is incredibly easy. Remove the roof & take out the blanking plate (make sure the 6 slide switches at the side of the chip are all in the right places, refer to the yellow card that came with your model for further information). Next plug the speaker cable into the available slot for it (there is only one plug it can go into). Finally slot the 21 pin chip into place & away you go 😃 the whole job took me less than 30 minutes.

Hope that helps Baz.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

6 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I bought 37419 (perhaps a little impulsively) and it's a great model with next level sound. I'm thinking about backdating it to late 80s condition with either Shawplan screens or better still the Accurascale inserts if it is possible to acquire them as spare parts. No rush with this one, mind.

I'll be interested to see how you get on with this as I would like some 1980's as refurbished Scottish /4's and think it could be a while before we see them from Accurascale and if I'm happy with my 027 then I will look to have all A/S ones on the layout over time

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Hi @97406,

We most certainly will! I would imagine we will have large logo loco pics to share next week.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I'll be interested to see how you get on with this as I would like some 1980's as refurbished Scottish /4's and think it could be a while before we see them from Accurascale and if I'm happy with my 027 then I will look to have all A/S ones on the layout over time

One crisis I have is that I'll need to remove the blingy etched cab door plating, which would be a shame!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 97406 said:

One crisis I have is that I'll need to remove the blingy etched cab door plating, which would be a shame!

Just leave it and if anyone asks say it was on Pimp my Tractor

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

14 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Would it need to be refitted ? I wonder if samples were sent to Brian @ Shawplan whether he could reproduce them

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, 97406 said:

It's your model. I'm running 92038 with mk5's as I like the polo mints.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Would it need to be refitted ? I wonder if samples were sent to Brian @ Shawplan whether he could reproduce them

They're a recent addition on the real thing. The original 80s style 419 didn't have them, alas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 97406 said:

They're a recent addition on the real thing. The original 80s style 419 didn't have them, alas.

I was just having a look at what 37/4s Accurascale have done and wondered how you would go about reinstalling the missing bodyside window to backdate it?

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I was just having a look at what 37/4s Accurascale have done and wondered how you would go about reinstalling the missing bodyside window to backdate it?

If it helps we have a roadmap of some  length underway just of 37’s 😉

Edited by McC
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I've not noticed or thought about that yet, but it would be fairly easy to cut a new aperture into the bodyside and Brian's Laserglaze includes the side windows. The grommet would be difficult but could leave that off without offending the eye too much.

• Like 1