Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

19 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Depending on how fussy you are 051 has the single rivetted roof whereas 037 has the double , having looked at my 027 with double rivets I very much doubt it would be noticeable

Thanks. Yeah I am not too burdened by that very fine detail if I am honest. I'll see what becomes available first.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I sit looking at my fleet of 37s and what’s available and one thing I notice is the lack of plain banger blue ones with cutaway buffer beams. Despite the explosion of new liveries in the 80s, the vast majority of locos for most of that period were still blue. I haven’t got the heart to remove 027’s stripes as they look the biz, but I would like to request a plain blue one with cutaway bufferbeams and plated headcodes in future batches. I have one of “the other side’s” 37184 37194 models on order, and there’s a strong chance it’ll get a respray into plain blue after it’s been posed with Shapfell a few times. I also have the Accurascale 37140 on order with its orange stripes for variety.

Edited by 97406
Should have gone to Specsavers!
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

51 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I sit looking at my fleet of 37s and what’s available and one thing I notice is the lack of plain banger blue ones with cutaway buffer beams. Despite the explosion of new liveries in the 80s, the vast majority of locos for most of that period were still blue. I haven’t got the heart to remove 027’s stripes as they look the biz, but I would like to request a plain blue one with cutaway bufferbeams and plated headcodes in future batches. I have one of “the other side’s” 37184 models on order, and there’s a strong chance it’ll get a respray into plain blue after it’s been posed with Shapfell a few times. I also have the Accurascale 37140 on order with its orange stripes for variety.

I presume you mean the other sides 194? As I have a second 027 being delivered at some point one of them will either lose the stripe etc or I have a couple of loco's in mind that will enable it to keep it's stripe , as like you I would like some banger blue with cut away buffer beams but because I'll be modelling multiple eras I'd like some with original buffer beam cowlings 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I presume you mean the other sides 194? As I have a second 027 being delivered at some point one of them will either lose the stripe etc or I have a couple of loco's in mind that will enable it to keep it's stripe , as like you I would like some banger blue with cut away buffer beams but because I'll be modelling multiple eras I'd like some with original buffer beam cowlings 

Bloody ‘ell that’s my eyesight for you. I had to check the number first and squint and still read it wrong! 😄👓

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Bloody ‘ell that’s my eyesight for you. I had to check the number first and squint and still read it wrong! 😄👓

lol , 194 is a good one as it has the RSH cantrail grilles same as the Kernow Ltd Edition 196 they have just done

• RMweb Gold
Just now, sulzer71 said:

lol , 194 is a good one as it has the RSH cantrail grilles same as the Kernow Ltd Edition 196 they have just done

I did think about the other limited edition one that’s just come out, 37207, but have 194 on order already and I’d like said grilles. I’m not too keen on the orange stripe above windscreens, but nothing a little IPA, a cotton bud and some cocktail stick action couldn’t take care of. The Accurascale 37140 models a style I remember well from the late 80s so will definitely keep its orange stripe. I’ll decide whether to keep the black headcode panels or not when I get it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, E100 said:

Appear to have missed out on 37027 sound fitted. Are we expecting anymore more to become available?

Not at the moment, but DCC ready versions are in stock, you can then purchase the LokSound V5 for it, and the accurathrash speaker will be back in stock in about 3 weeks time so you can self upgrade to sound.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, McC said:

Not at the moment, but DCC ready versions are in stock, you can then purchase the LokSound V5 for it, and the accurathrash speaker will be back in stock in about 3 weeks time so you can self upgrade to sound.

Thanks for the reply. Just done that - it's really nice to be able to upgrade even if you do miss out or decide later.

Am I correct in saying we can ask nicely for some speaker retaining clips as well?

image.png.8504c8dbe2b51e5d66c14af37fce9581.png

Edited by E100
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Phew. Just a quick heads up for anyone ordering through the shopify app (especially when you have a discount code to use). Do not mix pre-orders and orders. There isn't a warning on there as they don't have the same control that they do on Accurascale.com for the checkout process, where there are clear warnings. Thankfully, I've been able to order both the 37 / decoder and a sound fitted 89 and they've been able to split it out (and very helpfully put my 37 bits on hold till I return from my holidays) but get the impression they'd really rather not do that as it causes a few headaches!

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

Just to update people going down this route, I’ve had a very helpful response from the Accura support team after I contacted them about my ordered decoder, as suggested by McC.

Although they are in stock for “next day despatch”, as McC posted, unsurprisingly the despatch team is somewhat busy after an intense period of different stock arriving, so there is a delay on such orders.  For example I ordered the decoder on June 7th and it’s still in the queue for postage.

No complaints from me, I totally understand and appreciated the explanation. Hopefully this post will avoid other people having to chase their own decoders with the support team.

5 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Quiet and 37 dont go together,as a kid when the ore trains ran past the chippy back door in Leadgate main street you felt the earth move and the fish jumped out the fryer.

From what I remember the fish at the Silver Grid in Sunderland didn't need any help on that score.

Edited by Bishdurham
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

The railway was only 8 to 10 feet off the door to the outer track,the fish shop still stands today,the railway is long gone and houses in places where trackbed was,we have lost so much to no gain.

cycle way now on map

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kler's+Fish+Bar/@54.8594243,-1.8003054,17z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x487dd41fd457e841:0x55e025220407f63!8m2!3d54.8594243!4d-1.8080302!16s%2Fg%2F1hc8xs9nk?entry=ttu

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Quiet and 37 dont go together,as a kid when the ore trains ran past the chippy back door in Leadgate main street you felt the earth move and the fish jumped out the fryer.

Battered Cod,

Shaken, not stirred ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 4

2 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

Just ordered one of the last of the x5 sound fitted 051 with a nice discount courtesy of some points! Let's see what these are like 👍

I was initially disappointed with the sound but that was only down to the speaker rattling the body which I cured with some black tack , even though I barely have a layout I can't stop running it now , I even have it sat in the siding on tickover while I work on the layout 😂

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Speaking abut the sound. I am quite happy with the sound quality, problem I see (and I suppose this is a problem of ESU rather than Accurascale) is when you throttle down the motor goes on idle. If I throttle down from lets say full speed to half speed, I would expect that after some time - when the loco has reduced the speed to half speed - the engine will rev back up to the normal cruising speed. Well it doesn't. If I go a notch up everything is cured and the engine revs as it should. 

I have the same on a continental steam loco using an ESU loksound 5 chip. You throttle back to half and the sound stays on idle until you throttle a little bit up.

Is it only me or has anybody else noticed the same ?

4 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Although they are in stock for “next day despatch”, as McC posted, unsurprisingly the despatch team is somewhat busy after an intense period of different stock arriving, so there is a delay on such orders.  For example I ordered the decoder on June 7th and it’s still in the queue for postage.

No complaints from me, I totally understand and appreciated the explanation. Hopefully this post will avoid other people having to chase their own decoders with the support team.

Same here. Pre ordered a sound decoder some time in April. I got an email to notify they came in to stock on 31 May, so I queried when it would get sent out last week and was told the same. While I am understanding to a point, they've been in stock long enough now, despatch delays measured in weeks is not great. Hopefully it'll turn up soon!

Edited by georgeds
  • Like 2