Class 37, by Accurascale

8 hours ago, adb968008 said:

(for those patiently waiting this is an order number in the 319xx range from June 2022).

thanks for that! I’m somewhere in the 317xx range from June 2022 also, so I’ll wait till a slightly more reasonable time and then check all is good with support this afternoon/evening. I did pay with a deposit to and full payment wasn’t made until June this year so currently just assuming that’s the date it’s put my order down from

Edited by Bryn_Bach_Railway

30 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

@McC have you announced a WCRC version for the next run yet? Why not? Talk about alienating people, geez. 😂

I am guessing they will be following - but would need original EE tail lamps, no DRS multi socket and no ETH dummy socket on the nose. 

Would Accurascale do 37712 given it's short active life in WCR livery ?  Then of course there is Ian Riley's 37 in Intercity liveried 37518 before it was dunked in WCR maroon.    

7 hours ago, Melton Works said:

My 402 x2 arrived today. What an excellent model! The dedication that Patrick, Fran, Stephen and co have put into creating this beast must be appreciated! 

Anyway, I couldn't have two 402s.....😊

20230725_004024.jpg

thats a quick (and excellent) conversion. How did you make/fit the additional window hole and glazing, and without damaging the paintwork?

Edited by G-BOAF

7 hours ago, Melton Works said:

My 402 x2 arrived today. What an excellent model! The dedication that Patrick, Fran, Stephen and co have put into creating this beast must be appreciated! 

Anyway, I couldn't have two 402s.....😊

20230725_004024.jpg

Nice work! Was planning on doing the same….What did you use to put the body side window back in and did you full respray or did the Scottie dog come off cleanly?

2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

@McC have you announced a WCRC version for the next run yet? Why not? Talk about alienating people, geez. 😂

If you're "into" WCRC, I'm afraid you alienated yourself far more than anyone else could ever hope to achieve.

{Bloody purple nonsense...}

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Gremlin99 said:

Hi

When would the retailers receive their allocation? I have Lord Hinton on order from Rails and need to shift some funds around for it! 

Super excited for the first of my 4 37’s to arrive! 

Hate to be *that* guy but…

I’m excited damn it!! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Im on the hunt for 37409 as couldnt afford the pre-order at the time. Really after one with sound but will upgrade one if need be... 

Best to click on the  "e-mail me if one becomes available" option.

I pre-ordered, then cancelled, then when I tried to order again they were sold out so I took the e-mail me option.    Later I found one from a retailer on pre-order, subject to immediate pay in full.  So I have paid it long ago but not yet received.  I'm expecting an e-mail from Accurascale once they have sorted out their stocks but I won't be responding to it as it looks like I have already secured my order by paying a retailer.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, LMSfan72 said:

Nice work! Was planning on doing the same….What did you use to put the body side window back in and did you full respray or did the Scottie dog come off cleanly?

I had spare Accurascale bodyside windows, made measurements to line up where the hole was to be cut, then very carefully drilled out the hole (in 4 corners for rounded corners) carefully trimmed between the corners with a blade. Luckily the numbers and scottie dog came off with airbrush thinners.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

7 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

thats a quick (and excellent) conversion. How did you make/fit the additional window hole and glazing, and without damaging the paintwork?

I measured the measurements from a 37/0, marked out with masking tape, drilled the 4 corners then cut between the drill holes, fettled in the window. Once aligned removed, painted inside the recess, then refitted the windows.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

1 hour ago, Melton Works said:

I measured the measurements from a 37/0, marked out with masking tape, drilled the 4 corners then cut between the drill holes, fettled in the window. Once aligned removed, painted inside the recess, then refitted the windows.

And this people is called modeling. Well done OP.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive got another box in the mail today…

(for those patiently waiting this is an order number in the 319xx range from June 2022).

My order number for 37043 is 18986 from June 2021 - not heard anything yet (but I'm not in any hurry anyway so this isn't a complaint!)

Interesting that Hattons seem to have a placeholder on their website for an Accurascale Heavyweight class 37/7. We all know they are coming as can been seen by HTG’s 37714, but looks like further iterations aren’t far off!

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Yeah, I'd bet the 3rd batch inc. the 37/7's will be probably announced around Warley to arrive say Q3 24. Either after deco samples of the second batch or even after the first batch has been delivered in full. Not expecting any clues though! Could be earlier though as 37714 will probably be arriving sooner than that last I heard.

• RMweb Premium

Just in case it helps Accurascale or anyone wanting to cross check:

This is the firmware status of 37043 Factory Fitted DCC with perfectly working flange squeal (very cool!)

image.png.06a58d85fde4c890ef1fd7f36d934154.png

This is the firmware on 37027 DCC Ready with the Accurascale supplied chip where the flange squeal is not working.

image.png.aaf64edae264045c4106ef2da2e75b35.png

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

Arequest.   Have Accurascale produced, or announced a plain green (i.e. no yellow panel) early Class 37 (preferrably with split headcodes) ?

I have looked, but can't find any.

Thanks.

Through the NRM:

https://www.locomotionmodels.com/exclusives/future-releases/br-english-electric-type-3-no-d6700

Edited by Bucoops
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

Excellent.   Thank-you.

I will order one when it becomes available.

It was announced in 2020 - at the moment it is sold out but when they arrive if it's similar to Accurascale's own methods a few may show again. Might be worth contacting them asking if there's a waiting list?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

My first question on here, I have two b/blues on order one from next year's Q1 due batch to go with my deltic. Am I right to assume that the numerical headcodes can be swapped out like the deltics? I ploughed through the earlier parts of this thread but could not find anything. Thanks.

Edited by iow o2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, phil gollin said:

A request.   Have Accurascale produced, or announced a plain green (i.e. no yellow panel) early Class 37 (preferrably with split headcodes) ?

I have looked, but can't find any.

Thanks.

It was only the originals with twin headcode boxes and gangway doors that came with plain green ends.  All those with centre headcode panels and the 'cleaned up' nose had yellow panels from new.

• Informative/Useful 1

Had the notification for my exclusive DCC ready 37 402 being shipped, and then just 5 minutes later, my local model shop calls to say that 37 043 sound fitted I ordered with them has also turned up!, hopefully both will be at the layout by the weekend.

any update on the sound chips? Suddenly want one a lot more 😅