Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, McC said:

very nearly. We’d hopefully tally up and there will be a small stock dropped online monday or tuesday around lunchtime. 

Is that just the direct orders almost complete? Have the retailers (i.e RoS) got theirs on the way as well or is that the next big dispatch job for the warehouse?

• Like 2

Received my 37043 today 😍 wow. Paid for in August 2022 if that helps anyone still waiting.

Only had 30 minutes of playing before had to leave for work but it keeps derailing on points. I've got a Bachmann 37 and Heljan 26 and both run relatively trouble free but 37043 is not happy. Anyone else experienced the same? 

As I say I need more time to investigate. I gauged the wheels and if anything they are a bit wide so possibly one solution to look at.

Only other observation is missing wheel slip makes me sad or maybe just more keen to order a 37/4 when they hopefully produce 80's versions.

20230728_162843~3.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Banger Blue said:

Is that just the direct orders almost complete? Have the retailers (i.e RoS) got theirs on the way as well or is that the next big dispatch job for the warehouse?

The 2 out of the first batch of split headcode 37 that I bought from Rails came through the week after the direct orders.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, barker196 said:

Received my 37043 today 😍 wow. Paid for in August 2022 if that helps anyone still waiting.

Only had 30 minutes of playing before had to leave for work but it keeps derailing on points. I've got a Bachmann 37 and Heljan 26 and both run relatively trouble free but 37043 is not happy. Anyone else experienced the same? 

As I say I need more time to investigate. I gauged the wheels and if anything they are a bit wide so possibly one solution to look at.

Only other observation is missing wheel slip makes me sad or maybe just more keen to order a 37/4 when they hopefully produce 80's versions.

20230728_162843~3.jpg

I have 402 that kept derailing on one set of points and found the vertical alignment ever so slightly out. This I found whilst running it exceptionally slowly. Nothing else derailed there, so adding a bit of packing to reduce the movement of the point heel end downwards, and 402 now sails through.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'll be controversial and say, I'm disappointed with the sound file for the unrefurbished 37. Multiple horn versions instead of just two slots that are playable is just wasteful. And the horn samples are rubbish, a real squeaker, not the normal 37 horns I'm used to. The real tragedy is no wheel slip effect, a key part of the 37s soundscape and something that other chips for 37s have in abundance. I've tried to use the throttle in a way to replicate wheel slip but the delay between shut off and power up is too long and unrealistic. The rail joint noise is another waste as it only works visually for a certain speed. Another missing sound is the distinctive compressors that you hear in the nose ends, it may be there in the randomised sounds, but I would of liked it to be selectable. Not nearly enough spirax valve noise either, it would be good to be able to select and leave it on for a long time as it's sitting between duties.

Am I being too picky? I wanted the sounds to match the attention to detail of the model?

The model itself I cannot fault. Best 37 produced hands down.

Neil.

Edited by zoomer1979
Spelling and fact correction
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 hours ago, Banger Blue said:

It would be helpful to have an update for those who have ordered through the retailer. The waiting is wrecking my nerves, what with all this talk of ' completely sold out '.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

It would be helpful to have an update for those who have ordered through the retailer. The waiting is wrecking my nerves, what with all this talk of ' completely sold out '.

Best place to ask is your retailer. From our end all orders are now pretty much away so your retailer should have stock or tracking on their lot. Hope that helps. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, McC said:

Best place to ask is your retailer. From our end all orders are now pretty much away so your retailer should have stock or tracking on their lot. Hope that helps. 

Thanks for your response!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Here’s my Accurascale Class 37 stash so far, with 37116 on order and awaiting Rails 37610, which is paid for and hopefully won’t be long in arriving.

JTS_3092.jpeg

JTS_3097.jpeg

JTS_3094.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

My 37409 came with of card listing the functions for an ESU loksound decoder. I have fitted the non sound Accurscale Class 37 coded ESU lokpilot 5 - is there a list of the functions anywhere?

The are identical (obviously just the sound ones won’t work :) )

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

With the 37/0’s and 37/4’s arrived and delivered, the 37/6’s due soon, got to be time for another Class 37 announcement 😉🤪

2 hours ago, McC said:

The are identical (obviously just the sound ones won’t work :) )

Going to have to remap the decoder then as my handsets (Roco Multimaus) only go to F20. Are any of the non-sound slot/vol cvs ones which are not light related applicable to the lokpilot?

F5 Heavy train Mode

F6 Light loco mode

F7 Drive hold

F8 Cold start/wheelslip

F29 Brake function/automatic brake emergency

I’ll be interested to see how you go remapping. I’ve only 28 functions and want to put the brake f29 function on f2 and a previous explanation has not worked. Not sure why!

Read of the ESU manual - the virtual drive sound is if it is run doubleheaded with a loksound loco.

More odd is the F11, Sensor 2 entry which is Flange Squeal and pretty much something for a sound fitted loco

Have altered the functions for the lights to  F1-F7, added shunting mode as F8, set the three F5-F7 entries as F9-F11 and made the Brake 2 entry F12

• RMweb Premium

I have 6992 on order but did they have grey/black roofs as in pic below from Flickr by Graham Wareham or is it just very even dirt? Accus one has blue roof in the cad pic order pic. Thanks69922.jpg.4b50862f1230b2b680d3cb86a2ae7925.jpg

Edited by iow o2
Spelling
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, iow o2 said:

I have 6992 on order but did they have grey/black roofs as in pic below from Flickr by Graham Wareham or is it just very even dirt? Accus one has blue roof in the cad pic order pic. Thanks69922.jpg.4b50862f1230b2b680d3cb86a2ae7925.jpg

I think it’s probably unwashed grime… D6992 roof

• Agree 2

043 arrived tofay.

Think i prefer the yellow used by Bachmann for the ends as these seem a bit "lemonie" in shade but who knows maybe the Bachmann yellow is the wrong shade.

Cant believe how heavy the loco is though.  A real feel of heft and quality.

• Agree 1