Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

There is a search facility on the site and you can search a single topic as far as I know.

Found it = May 19th (search via 'tail')

Thanks @LMSfan72 🙂

Here is a copy of the remapping - saves a lot of effort!

image.png.da006392845814a76bb575d3f8e6e019.png

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

Is it possible to test a Loksound V4 sound decoder in one of these models before purchasing a Accurathrash speaker to plug in?

Hi Chris,

Yes, there is a sugar cube speaker in the loco already, so it will work fine. I'm not sure what lighting functions etc you may or may not have though. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Thanks @LMSfan72 🙂

Just a note: if you use it on a 37/4 with the single high intensity you need to replace AUX7 and AUX8 with AUX5 and AUX6 otherwise the headlight turns off when the instrument lights go on

• Informative/Useful 1

On 20/09/2023 at 21:37, McC said:

If you’ve an Alpha Meter in the track circuit it’s something we’ve seen issues with programming and stay alive and performance too.

A local retailer offered me an Alpha meter at a very knock down price* a couple of years ago. My plan was to use it on my programming track. Long story short, when installed it made DCC programming very unreliable. This was mainly using Zimo decoders but it looks like Accurascale have confirmed the same effects with ESU. A meter when used on DC only gives readings in one direction only. Who needs that hassle? I soon went back to using my calibrated Flukes.

Those green 37's are looking tasty.

*It had sat on his shelves for too long so he gave it away.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

A local retailer offered me an Alpha meter at a very knock down price* a couple of years ago. My plan was to use it on my programming track. Long story short, when installed it made DCC programming very unreliable. This was mainly using Zimo decoders but it looks like Accurascale have confirmed the same effects with ESU. A meter when used on DC only gives readings in one direction only. Who needs that hassle? I soon went back to using my calibrated Flukes.

Those green 37's are looking tasty.

*It had sat on his shelves for too long so he gave it away.

Are you suggesting it's best to normally keep it bypassed, and only use it to measure values if a problem already exists (such as fluctuating current draw with faulty motor)?

It would be interesting to know a bit more detail about the problems the meter can cause.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, DLIBOD17 said:

IMG_1468.jpeg

IMG_1470.jpeg

IMG_1471.jpeg

IMG_1476.jpeg

Very nice. Currently fitting mine. Have gone for the full plough on 609 but wanted the dellner on 608. Did initially fit it as the loco is now, but the pipes looked really precarious dangling there without any protection, so I've gone with the side ploughs and the dellner, like it was around 2018-2021 (from memory). Always think they look tons better with the plough anyway, and quite naked without it.

EDIT due to brainfart and wrong years

Edited by Markn
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Apologies if it's somewhere in the previous 269 pages.  Is there  a function list somewhere for the Accurascale Lokpilot sold specifically for the 37?

The function list included with the loco is for the sound version and no info with the decoder or on the Accurascale site. My ancient Lenz Set 100 has only managed F0 directional lights so far and that's with the microswitches set as per the instruction card

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Red Fox said:

Apologies if it's somewhere in the previous 269 pages.  Is there  a function list somewhere for the Accurascale Lokpilot sold specifically for the 37?

The function list included with the loco is for the sound version and no info with the decoder or on the Accurascale site. My ancient Lenz Set 100 has only managed F0 directional lights so far and that's with the microswitches set as per the instruction card

The function chart included with the model is for both lokpilot and loksound (all the functions are standard)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Are you suggesting it's best to normally keep it bypassed, and only use it to measure values if a problem already exists (such as fluctuating current draw with faulty motor)?

It would be interesting to know a bit more detail about the problems the meter can cause.

I'm not suggesting anything. Just reporting that Accurascale and I had similar problems with the Alpha meter installed. My problems occurred when programming using decoder pro interfaced via both sprog and DCC-EX.  It also happened when programming direct using a powercab. I cannot comment on any other systems

Problems were intermittent but regular which included loco identities not being recognised or reported incorrectly and CV's changes not being correctly written to decoder.

All reverted to normal with the Alpha Meter removed from the track bus.

Although purely personal being used to 3 or 4 decimal place current displays,  I couldn't get on with the alpha meter having only a two decimal place display.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GBRf 66 The Flying Dustman said:

Very nice you need to remove the centre section of the plough on 37 610 as it doesn’t have it in real life .

I had noticed that from images. Must help the poor shunters in real life but decided to fit mine in the 00 world 👍🏻

18 minutes ago, GBRf 66 The Flying Dustman said:

Very nice you need to remove the centre section of the plough on 37 610 as it doesn’t have it in real life 

It would seem from what  I can see on Fickr 37608 has never had the the centre plough fitted in ROG colours.

7 minutes ago, dave56 said:

It would seem from what  I can see on Fickr 37608 has never had the the centre plough fitted in ROG colours.

There are a few pics from it's early ROG days back in 2017 like this (not mine).

37608 Chevin 1Z01 1010 Derby RTC - Sheffield - Derby RTC 15-08-17

But then the front end isn't as currently modelled with the two connectors.

Edited by Markn
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Thanks @LMSfan72 🙂

I’d suggest this might be something that Accurascale look into doing across future loco runs (not just 37) in terms of switching the tail lights on when in light engine mode.

Granted you may end up with people saying my tail lights aren’t working.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 97406 said:

Here’s a question for the guys. Will D6992 include domino headcodes in the pack? I’m after a central headcode 37 with the skirts and it’d be an easy renumber and relogo job.

Not quite that easy, by the domino era (late 70's onwards), locos had the reinforced plate above the coupling on the bottom of the nose.

Cameron

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Mophead45143 said:

Not quite that easy, by the domino era (late 70's onwards), locos had the reinforced plate above the coupling on the bottom of the nose.

Cameron

There must be an easy solution for that… they were present much earlier .

Wonder if @railtec-models Steve could do a rivet transfer? 

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, 97406 said:

Here’s a question for the guys. Will D6992 include domino headcodes in the pack? I’m after a central headcode 37 with the skirts and it’d be an easy renumber and relogo job.

There are plenty of aftermarket solutions eg Precision Labels if not….

• Like 1