Class 37, by Accurascale

Isnt the livery on 37-609 just awesome. In fact, the livery on all of them is awesome. 

my Network Rail and ROG are Two of

my favourites i must admit. 

how fortunate are we all today to be in the midst of what i can personally only describe as possibly THE best period to own modern day locomotives and rolling stock of a quality and finesse that was a pipe dream when i started many many years ago. We very much are spoilt for choice and long may the boundaries be pushed. For someone coming into the hobby today.......what an absolutely fabulous time. 

im constantly in awe of what Accurascale are bringing to the table and long may they continue to do so. 

by the way, have i mentioned about thirty times before (with plenty of support),,,, can we have one or two of these variants please chaps....just sayin IMG_5177.jpeg.03fe579010b677f451ad3b6e078d0d22.jpegIMG_6258.jpeg.91fcfe2a1f3d6968190a4b518c17a0fe.jpeg

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Isnt the livery on 37-609 just awesome. In fact, the livery on all of them is awesome. 

my Network Rail and ROG are Two of

my favourites i must admit. 

how fortunate are we all today to be in the midst of what i can personally only describe as possibly THE best period to own modern day locomotives and rolling stock of a quality and finesse that was a pipe dream when i started many many years ago. We very much are spoilt for choice and long may the boundaries be pushed. For someone coming into the hobby today.......what an absolutely fabulous time. 

im constantly in awe of what Accurascale are bringing to the table and long may they continue to do so. 

by the way, have i mentioned about thirty times before (with plenty of support),,,, can we have one or two of these variants please chaps....just sayin IMG_5177.jpeg.03fe579010b677f451ad3b6e078d0d22.jpegIMG_6258.jpeg.91fcfe2a1f3d6968190a4b518c17a0fe.jpeg

So that means a new tooling does it not ? Er…the Dellner coupling if I’m not mistaken.

• Like 1

I have 3 AS 37s and all working perfectly but I can't see what the difference is in the lights between night and depot mode.  Both seem to be the same which is effectively switching the head light off.  

What should the differences be?

1 minute ago, 669cpb said:

I have 3 AS 37s and all working perfectly but I can't see what the difference is in the lights between night and depot mode.  Both seem to be the same which is effectively switching the head light off.  

What should the differences be?

on Wipac ones only… it switches which side the headlight (not marker) is on…

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

37419 and 37423 definitely worked these sets and have been released by Accurascale.

And also 37409 in large logo (my photo below)

The DRS branded coaches are Mk2E and Mk2F and all (?) have been released by Hornby in two batches.

DRS 37409

Edited by DanielP
add coach info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

on Wipac ones only… it switches which side the headlight (not marker) is on…

On the no -wipac ones it shouldn’t be described as to switch the headlight off, which really means it’s a redundant function. I modified mine so that it is the dashboard light being turned on and not the headlight being turned off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

37419 and 37423 definitely worked these sets and have been released by Accurascale.

409 + 423 both worked the set in the liveries released. 423 was on the TSO end and 409 the BSO.

419 worked the set with both but not in the livery released, it was DRS livery when paired with both.

419 did work the set in mainline but predominantly with 407 or 424 in Large Logo livery. Hopefully 407 will become a future release having worked with all 3, preferably without printed plates but the option to add cast plates as it worked the set in both guises!

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed a reduced volume on certain releases?

My first 4 were relatively loud. 602 marginally quieter but perfectly acceptable. 609, significantly quieter than the rest. I have noticed that this has an accurathrash branded speaker unlike the other models that were just blank. I think the sugarcube is also crackling but after watching the roads and rails vid I am inclined to get rid of that anyhow!

I have reset and changed the volume to max and the loco can not be heard paired with the others.  In a quiet room and prior to using any of the others it sounds decent but if you get another on the go, significantly quieter. Part of me doesn't mind because 609 was a right tub in this livery and sounded quiet and poor, but I hipe this isn't what is to come with furture releases, quieter models.

It certainly sounds a lot quieter than the roads and rails video of 609 which has that violent thrash that the rest of mine do. Anyone else had this issue?

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Chris Rowe 37419 said:

My first 4 were relatively loud. 602 marginally quieter but perfectly acceptable. 609, significantly quieter than the rest. I have noticed that this has an accurathrash branded speaker unlike the other models that were just blank. I think the sugarcube is also crackling but after watching the roads and rails vid I am inclined to get rid of that anyhow!

I have reset and changed the volume to max and the loco can not be heard paired with the others.  In a quiet room and prior to using any of the others it sounds decent but if you get another on the go, significantly quieter. Part of me doesn't mind because 609 was a right tub in this livery and sounded quiet and poor, but I hipe this isn't what is to come with furture releases, quieter models.

It certainly sounds a lot quieter than the roads and rails video of 609 which has that violent thrash that the rest of mine do. Anyone else had this issue?

I also thought both 608 & 609 were quieter than earlier versions. I would be good to know why this is

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Chris Rowe 37419 said:

I reckon it is time for me to make a comparison of sound volumes, especially as I want to run a consist. Thanks for the 'heads up'.

@Chris Rowe 37419 as you have a 609 and 602, could you please adivse if you have the same issue about F0 lighting function that I explained on the thread's last page.

When I first power up the loco on DCC (ESU ECoS), F0 does not work. F1 and all other functions are fine. It is only after I have changed direction that the head / tail lights work correctly. F0 will not switch these off either, until I change direction. Can't be the ECoS as all other locos are OK.

EDIT:

602 and 609 sound similar, but very much quieter than 37027 Loch Eil. 602 and 609 CV 63 set at 192 (max'm), but I had reduced 37027 CV63 to 135 has too loud for the room. Even then, it was louder than 602 and 609. Something has changed, but could do with a decibel meter to be more precise. Perhaps the wiring of the speakers?

Edited by zr2498
Compared sound levels

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Chris Rowe 37419 said:

Yes all my 37/6s are quieter than 37/4s but all have the master volume is set to 192. Is it possible that the master recording was set to a lower volume level before loading to the decoder?
Plus the loco sets off then releases the handbrake on all 37/6 locos!

• Agree 1

Interesting observation on the sound front. I noticed this immediately when i set my locos up as well. There is a definite difference in sound/noise on these. Slightly quieter and dare i say a slightly more flatter/muffled sound. 

still a happy bunny though. Awesome kit. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, zr2498 said:

I reckon it is time for me to make a comparison of sound volumes, especially as I want to run a consist. Thanks for the 'heads up'.

@Chris Rowe 37419 as you have a 609 and 602, could you please adivse if you have the same issue about F0 lighting function that I explained on the thread's last page.

When I first power up the loco on DCC (ESU ECoS), F0 does not work. F1 and all other functions are fine. It is only after I have changed direction that the head / tail lights work correctly. F0 will not switch these off either, until I change direction. Can't be the ECoS as all other locos are OK.

EDIT:

602 and 609 sound similar, but very much quieter than 37027 Loch Eil. 602 and 609 CV 63 set at 192 (max'm), but I had reduced 37027 CV63 to 135 has too loud for the room. Even then, it was louder than 602 and 609. Something has changed, but could do with a decibel meter to be more precise. Perhaps the wiring of the speakers?

Hi, apologies it is 606 and 609 I have not 602. 

I do not have any of the lighting issues that you talk about and I don't have the brake releasing in motion.

I have changed cv 3 to 69/70 dependant on individual loco and use f5 when on heavier trains. 

When it comes to consisting them as pairs, most work fine together but I have had to lower cv3 a bit on a couple to speed match.

Like I say I'm not that bothered that this model is a bit quieter because the real one was. It was pretty dire to be honest and 606 just screamed from the turbos but I can't replicate that. 

I just hope the original sound quality that came with the 37/4's and my 37026 comes with future orders. If it is going to appear quieter in future, I'll look into a different sound set up for future purchases.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Chris Rowe 37419 said:

Hi, apologies it is 606 and 609 I have not 602. 

I do not have any of the lighting issues that you talk about and I don't have the brake releasing in motion.

I have changed cv 3 to 69/70 dependant on individual loco and use f5 when on heavier trains. 

When it comes to consisting them as pairs, most work fine together but I have had to lower cv3 a bit on a couple to speed match.

Like I say I'm not that bothered that this model is a bit quieter because the real one was. It was pretty dire to be honest and 606 just screamed from the turbos but I can't replicate that. 

I just hope the original sound quality that came with the 37/4's and my 37026 comes with future orders. If it is going to appear quieter in future, I'll look into a different sound set up for future purchases.

Thanks for the info.

Lighting issues just resolved by resetting the decoders. It could be that I had updated the ECoS command station firmware after having these locos on track. It's done the trick.

Re consisting with 602 and 609. Just done a speed comparison at half speed. Matched with 609 at speed step 60 and 602 at speed step 63, so I will do an adjustment as well.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 17:46, dave56 said:

It would seem from what  I can see on Fickr 37608 has never had the the centre plough fitted in ROG colours.

It did for a short period of time after leaving Eastleigh. My photo on its first run in its new livery.

https://flic.kr/p/QsW11h

already been pointed out and that the extra ETS connection had been added.

Edited by XChris
Correction
  • Like 1

Yes - top and tail 37's on flask train.

The FNA's are coupled up to the front loco with a link coupling and the rear loco is coupled up using a Smith's screw link coupling, hooked over both coupling hooks. I'm not a fan of tension lock, or Kaydee's either, as I prefer to install all the pipework etc. to both the front and rear buffer beam.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, The Meerkat said:

can we had side snow ploughs on the rog 37 and keep the nem coupling at both ends?

All 37’s include both full ploughs and three part ploughs so you can run with couplers and a plough if you wish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1