Class 37, by Accurascale

2 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

As has been said, we all have the option to purchase or not................whichever option we take is entirely our own responsibility.

I completely agree in the context of model railway items where there is normally plenty of time to order. Nearly everything I have missed out on has simply been because I should have gotten it ordered when I had the chance. I know people will say "but you don't know what you're getting" but distance selling rules still apply. If it's a bag of you know what, get it sent back for a refund!

Stuff like concert tickets that sell out literally in seconds, assuming you can access the website to buy them, is another matter.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

There are specific threads on the forum within which those that want to can grumble about selling/buying outside of the usual manufactuers and retailer outlets, such as ebay. 

Last couple of days have seen enough guff deposited on here as it is. 

Can we get back on topic please ? 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

There are specific threads on the forum within which those that want to can grumble about selling/buying on ebay. 

Rob

retro-grunge-texture-cartoon-angry-sheep

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 5

4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

There are specific threads on the forum within which those that want to can grumble about selling/buying outside of the usual manufactuers and retailer outlets, such as ebay. 

Rob

You must be new to the world of inter web - i'll break it to you gently - Thread creep IS a thing ...

And to be honest if you want razor sharp focus on a specific part of accurascale 37 it needs several threads :/

1/ when are xxxxx leaving the warehouse ?

2/ can you make xxxxx ?

3/ CV tweakers club for PC boffins 

4/ my flange squeal ain't squealing 

5/ how can i p*ss my neighbours off with a bigger speaker 

6/ i'm not sure about XYZ on the model 

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

You must be new to the world of inter web - i'll break it to you gently - Thread creep IS a thing ...

So now we have thread creep about thread creep.....such is life... 😉....

white-sheep-cartoon-vector-character-fee

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Go on…

lets break the farmgate.

ive got an idea, no ones thought of before.

What about an Accurascale class 37 wishlist…?

here is one to shepherd the rabble from being off topic…

Class 37 no. 37093 @ Haltwhistle, 23/07/1985 [slide 8599]

flickr url, not mine.

round buffers, sheared skirt too.

just dont talk about price… Sheep can get woolly..

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/mylocalnews/newport/alway/23691103.sheep-reportedly-headbutts-people-cars-abergavenny/

Ps.. theres nowt better than a lamb chop with mint sauce, just sayin.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Go on…

lets break the dead lock.

What an an Accurascale class 37 wishlist…?

here is one to manage the rabble from being off topic…

flickr url, not mine.

round buffers, cut skirt too.

What a great suggestion AND let's have a function button to play:

Well the 97 (banana / sun) does keep disappearing!

16 hours ago, Awes0mesauce said:

Roadandrails said sound was already set low on the decoder. He done an in-depth video on it. Think it was 70% as default.

https://youtu.be/9GL3lgRb6jw?si=inQ2q55vQXeO4-q7

I have a digital sound meter and I set all my locos to 62db. It's amazing that you can hear four different locos running around wether they are steam, electric or diesel. Most locos from the factory are too loud and drown out the other locos  when running around a layout.

7 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Being nosey on the site,

Looks like ROG 37 just sold out on Accurascales site… there was 25 a few days ago.

37609 seems to be the next one flashing up on the “someone from somewhere just bought something” popup.

Yep. I ordered one on Monday.

The first locomotive and probably the first ever actual thing I have ordered online from a moving bus.

As passenger, I stress, for those who know me well... 🤣

Davy.

• Funny 3

8 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Rob

I agree.

I've been waiting quietly and patiently for D6702 for the last four years. I thought it was imminent in May 2022 so I paid for it. I've got the receipt to prove it.

I find it ironic that over on the Hornby 2mt thread there was periodic wailing about how long it was taking. It was announced 3 months after the Accurascale 37 and I've got mine.

I'm sure when it comes I'll be very pleased with it. I'm just a bit frustrated at the moment.

Godot.

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

@NHY 581  I am intrigued however by your interest in a diesel and a big type 3 at that.

Bonjour Wooders....

Well..............One outstanding project is that of a mid to late 1960s Framlinghamesque East Anglian backwater..........A Type 3, incongruous as it may well be in such a scenario, would be a nice addition to the existing fleet held in stock for just such a venture........as would the Brush Type 2 which is also eagerly awaited. 

So, standing by to receive a nice green SYP Type 3. 

Rob. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Go on…

lets break the farmgate.

What about an Accurascale class 37 wishlist…?

here is one to shepherd the rabble from being off topic…

flickr url, not mine.

round buffers, sheared skirt too.

just dont talk about price… Sheep can get woolly..

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/mylocalnews/newport/alway/23691103.sheep-reportedly-headbutts-people-cars-abergavenny/

Ps.. theres nowt better than a lamb chop with mint sauce, just sayin.

out of my era but i agree,

as im sure only Lima did the police 37??  not 100% sure but i know  1 at lest model maker made it?                                                                                                                                            

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, 37081LochLong said:

The police 37 would really only be a novelty piece for the collectors but add a police siren and blue flashing light, make it an Accurascale exclusive (imagine the Jam sandwich box it would come in) and I'd buy one to replace my Lima one :)

there was old British Rail TV add on youtube and they stuck blue flashing light and a siren to the police 37, It was advertising the intercity 125

1 hour ago, The Meerkat said:

there was old British Rail TV add on youtube and they stuck blue flashing light and a siren to the police 37, It was advertising the intercity 125

I might be wrong but I seem to recall a story that the 37 was painted in washable paint just for the filming but that after they were done the paint wouldn’t wash off. May be an urban myth but sure I’ve heard it somewhere!

1 hour ago, The Meerkat said:

Yeah I remember the advert on tv when I was a kid (before the days of youtube) that's why I mentioned it. And since it was only done for the advert is why I said it would be a novelty piece more than anything (doesn't stop me wanting it though :))

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I might be wrong but I seem to recall a story that the 37 was painted in washable paint just for the filming but that after they were done the paint wouldn’t wash off. May be an urban myth but sure I’ve heard it somewhere!

‘Tis true. Until it could be repainted 37093 ran around in white with the Police branding removed.

Stop POLICE!  37093 at York. 1.8.85

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2