Class 37, by Accurascale

8 minutes ago, GBRf 66 The Flying Dustman said:

If you go onto rainbow railways website Colin actually does the proper harry needle orange 

Thanks, I see that. It seems only available in enamel. I will try some but I prefer acrylics so I think I might pick up a few  Vallejo acrylics for comparison in the hope of finding a match otherwise it’s going to be a lot of practicing!

On 13/10/2023 at 02:57, adb968008 said:

What its pulling is interesting me…

a 31, what must be one of the first intercity mk1’s, 2 BGs and a DMU.

Intercity was the preserve of pullmans and hsts at this time.. 

Apologies in advance for the thread drift. The Intercity liveried coach was Mk1 FO E3115.

Photo from Flickr -

37093 + 31181 - York

Edited by Purnu
Wording
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Creampot Junction said:

Kernow commissioned Bachmann to do a Limited Edition run of them also. 

not sure i seen the Bachmann 37 one, tho i think seen the police 47,  not sure would've been when  i was kid.  did it have like the BTP crest on the side ?

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Hi Guys. Has anybody received their green D6704 yet? Mine hasn't arrived yet. Thought they were due to ship end of last month.

The as built green jobbies are on boat here or just arrived as far as im aware,no one has any yet so your safe.Its the final batch of run one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The as built green jobbies are on boat here or just arrived as far as im aware,no one has any yet so your safe.Its the final batch of run one.

They’re in the warehouse but only came in quite late in the week. Well start breakdown in the coming week and get them out asap. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Can someone more into DCC than me help me out, this is my first sound decoder and I've still a lot to learn.

I want to switch the two-tone horn from F9 to F2 but I'm not sure what CV number I need to change and what to change it to, (I've never re-mapped function buttons). I've gone through the Loksound manual, but honestly, I'm no more knowledgeable about it than before, so any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Smudge617

On 30/09/2023 at 19:04, Krieghoff said:

Random post here chaps. 

the new packaging that the 37's are arriving in is absolutely superb. A lot better than the random 'airpad' sheets that were very hit and miss in terms of protection. 

the new 'ends' hold the locomotive box far more securely 

well done Patrick, Fran et al. 

I would echo those remarks. I received 37027 on Friday ,the new end pieces hold the locomotive box very securely in the outer packing ,giving about 1/2 inch gap all around . I had some difficulty extricating locomotive box from outer box because it is so snug,but that is far better than the box rattling around. This is very good for a single locomotive, but how will multiple locomotive orders be sent in future ,presumably not individually?

Edited by d46037
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, d46037 said:

I would echo those remarks. I received 37027 on Friday ,the new end pieces hold the locomotive box very snugly in the outer packing ,giving about 1/2 inch gap all around . I had some difficulty extricating locomotive box from outer box because it is so snug,but that is far better than the box rattling around. This is very good for a single locomotive, but how will multiple locomotive orders be sent in future ,presumably not individually?

Larger boxes that are also made to measure. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, 55020 said:

To swap the exisiting function mapping of F9 and F2, adjust the following CVs.  Note that CV31/32 are index CVs and have to be set first, followed by the subsequent 4 CVs.  If you've any doubts please ask.

CV31 = 1, CV32 = 1
----------------------
CV261 =  64
CV262 =   6
CV275 =  64
CV276 =   6

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 8
----------------------
CV343 =   2
CV346 =   0
CV455 =   0
CV458 =  32

Steve

Thank you, I'll get this done later in the week, any problems I'll give you a shout, thanks again.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 11:32, PieGuyRob said:

I'd have to demolish my garage for it to fit in the drive. Also, as I have previously mentioned, I don't think my neighbours would appreciate the sound file on it! Though it would sound awesome! 

402 would fit in my garden, but dont think the neighbour's would appreciate it when hitting F1... 😫🤣

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

402 would fit in my garden, but dont think the neighbour's would appreciate it when hitting F1... 😫🤣

It might fit in mine too, but my problem would be much closer to home !

My little one might appreciate it but the other half may drown out the 37 when she see’s it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

It might fit in mine too, but my problem would be much closer to home !

My little one might appreciate it but the other half may drown out the 37 when she see’s it.

Actually, I think I would end up getting divorced. Missus already puts up with the accurascale 402, plus the many others I have out on the kitchen worktop. The size of the boxes havnt helped either 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, d46037 said:

I would echo those remarks. I received 37027 on Friday ,the new end pieces hold the locomotive box very securely in the outer packing ,giving about 1/2 inch gap all around . I had some difficulty extricating locomotive box from outer box because it is so snug,but that is far better than the box rattling around. This is very good for a single locomotive, but how will multiple locomotive orders be sent in future ,presumably not individually?

The new packaging works well (especially with the handling DHL seem to give these models) no movement, totally secure!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 19:20, Awes0mesauce said:

This came up previously with the TPE Nova sets.

There are drawbacks to doing that for every gain. If you order for elderly club members, family, friends etc.

a club membership was then suggested.

The guys at accurascales answer was fair:

“The product was avaliable to pre-order for months. If people chose not to do it then, then so be it.”

Which i entirely get.

and the view of one of the sellers I spoke to about the pricing on eBay was “I have been refreshing the page for hours and waiting - my time spent securing it, is the additional cost”

whether there is any merit in that, who knows.

i appreciate I was lucky on this occasion as I happened to be on the site when the stock dropped. However, i have missed other drops and agree its frustrating - but thats also my own fault for not pre-ordering.

i have always tried to be fair with my orders. When I have done orders for various people in my local club I have done it one at a time - on the basis that if its still in stock when i have finished, then its fair.

this time however, i did it as an order of 3 for the Club (different sound fitted 37s - DRS, ROG and 97) . 10 minutes later there was still a 97 so I was like “ah i’ll treat myself” 

so I did that. The irony is the priority order still hasn’t shipped, whilst my personal one did 😂😂.

the £549.99 one on eBay is obscene money though. Chancer or what!

the £549.99 one on eBay is obscene money though. Chancer or what!

P***take

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, d46037 said:

My pair of 'Manors' arrived at the end of last week in their two separate boxes - and actually just beat the arrival of the email telling me they were going to be delivered at a certain time.

• Like 2