Class 37, by Accurascale

3 hours ago, GordonC said:

are the DIP switches inside set correctly? There was a leaflet in the box for how they should be set for DC & DCC. Had it been DCC fitted at any point?

Hi GordonC

Yes the dip switches are set correctly.  However, upon purchase, they weren’t.

I tested it on my DC rolling road and all was OK.  I put on my DC layout and the lights didn’t work.  Took it back to the rolling road and the lights were no longer working.

I checked the dip switches and they were set to non ESU decoder.  I set the dip switches correctly and the lights still don’t work.

The cautionary tale is check the dip switches before you do anything!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Not so much of an expert on bogie frames on 37s - cast or fabricated, but technically I imagine those 37s you mentioned would be a refurb body (37/4) on a refurb chassis (37/6) however I have no idea how the /6 lighting relates in the nose ends of your 37409.  AFAIK 37409 is a centre headcode loco with the headlight in the "atandard" refurb position under the headcode box.  I sense you have a problem.   

Many many pages ago Accurascale posted a photo of the circuit board for the lights in the nose. It was a very clever little board that allowed all possible lighting types to be accommodated on the one board. So if you're handy with a soldering iron and confident in soldering SMD type LEDs, then changing the lights is fully possible. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 24/10/2023 at 08:47, Southernman46 said:

AS are currently shifting the latest MDV / MDO's delivery out of the door first before attacking the big pile of 37's sitting behind them ...........................

I seem to recall a lot of our now preserved steam engines were once left to rust slowly away on Barry Island because Dai Woodham was so pushed for space he had to give priority to cut up mineral wagons before he could start on locos.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I seem to recall a lot of our now preserved steam engines were once left to rust slowly away on Barry Island because Dai Woodham was so pushed for space he had to give priority to cut up mineral wagons before he could start on locos.

Do we need some raiding parties and 00 Gauge 37 preservation projects ?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, Redkiterail said:

was your rolling road controller have feedback, modern motors in locomotives dont like feedback controllers and that may be why your lights are not going on due to the signal of feedback going through the circuit board

Hi Redkiterail

You may be onto something.  The rolling road has a non feedback controller.

However, I am pretty sure that Accurascale locos are OK with feedbacks.  Can anyone confirm?

On the lights issue, I had a similar problem on a 37423 purchased directly from AS as a DCC ready version which I  retrofitted with the Accurathrash decoder and speaker on which the lights simply wouldn't work at all, no matter what I did with the switch settings. I returned it for warranty repair. When it arrived back, the lights were working fine (I suspect the main circuit board may have been replaced) but to my dismay the body had been damaged in the process and rather poorly repaired; an ongoing saga !

On the subject of Lima locos, if you're prepared to put some time and effort into them, the bodies still stand comparison with current models. Take for example the Class 40. The attached image taken at the recent SLW event in Crewe shows an ex Lima 40 on Barrowmore MRG's exquisite Mostyn layout to good effect. I believe that all of their 40s use the ex Lima body albeit with replacement chassis, and considerable added detail - excellent description and pics in    http://www.barrowmoremrg.co.uk/Journal/BMRJ_Issue_40_pub.pdf

One of Mostyn's ex Lima 40s.png

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Not so prosaic - he made more money quickly by cutting the wagons.

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Not so prosaic - he made more money quickly by cutting the wagons.

He was canny though, if he ran out of wagons, he’d start making hints about locos…

and more wagons quickly arrived.

wasnt there something about deferred payment on locos too, as well as having to return copper.. it maybe wasnt as attractive to cut steam quickly.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I think they've probably got so many mineral wagons that they just have to sell some so they can get past to reach the stack of 37s behind them in the warehouse ! 😀

Just got an email saying Draycott Manor is about to materialise.  If must have been somewhere in the stack too!

Not expecting my green 37s (or my class 30s) until next year though.

• Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

He was canny though, if he ran out of wagons, he’d start making hints about locos…

and more wagons quickly arrived.

wasnt there something about deferred payment on locos too, as well as having to return copper.. it maybe wasnt as attractive to cut steam quickly.

Weren’t the all-steel mineral wagons quick and easy to reduce to scrap, whereas a steam locomotive consists of a lot of different metals and alloys?

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Weren’t the all-steel mineral wagons quick and easy to reduce to scrap, whereas a steam locomotive consists of a lot of different metals and alloys?

Yes, the return Sheerness - Temple Mills scrap empties were occasionally not as long as the Temple Mills - Sheerness scrap trains after a brush with the unloading magnet at Sheerness Steel 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Southernman46
  • Funny 3

Check out the new MDV/MDW page on the Accurascale website - the header picture shows a train of them with 37001 at the head 🤣🤣

Given the "when are the 37's appearing" chat on here - those AS fellows have a fine sense of humour 👍👍

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

Check out the new MDV/MDW page on the Accurascale website - the header picture shows a train of them with 37001 at the head 🤣🤣

Given the "when are the 37's appearing" chat on here - those AS fellows have a fine sense of humour 👍👍

Thought they were very naughty but very funny 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, RBAGE said:

The original 37s certainly seem to be the shy one at the party. Any sign that they might pluck up the courage for their first dance?

I've been watching some paint dry, and green seems to take the longest 🙂

• Like 4
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
On 26/10/2023 at 17:00, No Decorum said:

On 26/10/2023 at 17:11, SulzerPeak said:

Sounds a lot more believable!

I refer you to this post..

And maybe suggest continuing in that thread too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, NoelG said:

By any chance has anybody received their D6704 models?

If they had, you would see pictures of them on here. As far as I'm aware, none of the green 37's have been sent out yet. I am waiting patiently for my Locomotion Models D6700. Payment has been taken, but, no delivery date has been given.

Patience is a virtue, but, that apparently means nothing in this day and age. (I have waited this long due to various set backs out of my control, an extra few days is not going to harm me.)

• Like 5
  • Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1