Class 37, by Accurascale

On 20/11/2023 at 12:39, NHY 581 said:

Well, 

Fingers crossed, I think I've just secured D6703.........

Rob. 

In a moment of weakness i was hooked by an Accurascale email flyer and have ordered D6702 and an Accurathrash decoder to go in it

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Covkid said:

In a moment of weakness i was hooked by an Accurascale email flyer and have ordered D6702 and an Accurathrash decoder to go in it

I think you won’t regret it!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
On 20/11/2023 at 19:19, owentherail said:

The headcode box covers on my 37001 are wrong I think, while changing the headcode to dots I noticed on one end the handle bar is on inside on 1 and out side on other 3 ... ... I hope they will be available as spares soon 

image0.png

The headbox assemblies would be useful as spares, but a daft question. Have you checked the other end of the loco in case fitted at the wrong end?

On 20/11/2023 at 09:59, 55020 said:

Great new feature.  I've had hours of fun playing with some of my other projects.

What values did you end up with for CV196 & 197 on your Class 37s?

Steve

Hi Steve, I'm back again!

I have now updated the firmware on all five of the ESU decoders and played with the bass and treble settings. What I have ended up with is as follows:

37 026   CV196 = 19   CV197 = 17   (legomanbiffo sound)

37 423   CV196 = 19   CV197 = 24   (Accurascale Accurathrash sound)

37 602   CV196 = 27   CV197 = 8     (legomanbiffo sound)

37 608   CV196 = 27  CV197 = 8      (ESU HiFi sound)
37 609   CV196 = 15   CV197 = 17   (Jamie Goodman sound)

All of these have Accurathrash speakers fitted, but 37 026 and 37 609 have had the sugar cube speaker removed.

Overall volume (CV63) is set at between 90 and 110 depending on the sound file - these volumes suit me and my layout but may not suit others, it's very much down to personal tastes. I also did the suggested changes from a much earlier post for CV32 = 1 + CV259 = 255.

I hope these settings might give others a few ideas, but as you can see, there isn't much consistency in the settings I thought sounded good to me.

Edited by SRman
Accidentally posted before finishing the text.
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

Wow just received my green ones. These are amazing. I love my Bachmann type 3's but these are on a new level. They are beautiful. I have changed the head-codes no problem, a bit fiddly and knocked one of the horn grilles off in the process, but easily fixed. Three green Tinsley based machines. The biggest issue is going to be having to weather these gorgeous machines.....have to do it as they're freight locos and you can't beat a dirty freight machine....well worth the wait!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

With regards to the extra head codes that come supplied with the model (an excellent idea I think), just in case I'm missing something, I assume that you only get one sheet per loco?

The reason I ask is that, if I want to add the dominos at both end instead, using the ones highlighted in the attached photo - there are only two which means I can only do one end of the loco...

I know that there is the second set of dominos but they are a different size.

IMG_4520.jpeg.0d0cfb4e8ec800551d61f94b9cd53355.jpeg

Edited by johndon
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, johndon said:

With regards to the extra head codes that come supplied with the model (an excellent idea I think), just in case I'm missing something, I assume that you only get one sheet per loco?

The reason I ask is that, if I want to add the dominos at both end instead, using the ones highlighted in the attached photo - there are only two which means I can only do one end of the loco...

IMG_4520.jpeg.0d0cfb4e8ec800551d61f94b9cd53355.jpeg

I've took a photocopy of the dominoes and used them, they look fine, will take some photos over the weekend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 40052 said:

There looks to be 4 of the large domino dots in the picture, enough for both ends as the split- box locos had one dot in each box

As I mentioned in my post:

• Agree 1

I was wondering what to do about the plates for D6703. For those who haven't seen it, with the Moderators' permission (hopefully), I will paste with this post an image from Jammy2305 in another of the RMweb topics. The link to the correct page is https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/141431-br-green-class-37/ and it’s at the bottom of that page – a very interesting thread for other GE early Class 37 namers that never were.

If by any chance anyone has any better images of the wooden covered plates so that I can fabricate an accurate representation, I wonder if they might very kindly post it in this thread.

Don't you just love the maroon Gresley in typical GE fashion for the time behind the loco (wish I could identify the carriage number !).

D6703.jpg

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, johndon said:

As I mentioned in my post:

Agreed.  I've gone for one end with dominoes and the other end with the 0's.

Steve

• Like 1

On 21/11/2023 at 18:53, Covkid said:

On 21/11/2023 at 18:53, Covkid said:

Rather foolishly, i realise i didnt order the Accurathrash speaker to go in this so just gone onto the website and discovered they are out of stock with no indication of waiting time for fresh stock. Fingers crossed that the factory is hard at work to sate the forthcoming demand for the class 37 class 31 and class 50 orders.  Can i assume the loco will still emit some sound from the sound decoder output even if the accurathrash speaker is not plugged in ?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Covkid said:

Rather foolishly, i realise i didnt order the Accurathrash speaker to go in this so just gone onto the website and discovered they are out of stock with no indication of waiting time for fresh stock. Fingers crossed that the factory is hard at work to sate the forthcoming demand for the class 37 class 31 and class 50 orders.  Can i assume the loco will still emit some sound from the sound decoder output even if the accurathrash speaker is not plugged in ?

Thanks

I believe it will have the small sugar cube speaker installed and therefore will get some sound.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

I believe it will have the small sugar cube speaker installed and therefore will get some sound.

Fresh accurathrashes are en route - should be in stock in a week or so :) 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, GRUNFOS said:

Could you please give a set of cv values to cure the 37/0 startup sound cut out, have tried above values but mine still won't startup with  cv63 at 150.

Thanks in advance

Paul.

Allow the Stay Alive 5-6 seconds to charge before engaging sound, also check your voltage on track is ideally 14v or more, failing both, do reach out to the support guys on accurascale.com 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, McC said:

Allow the Stay Alive 5-6 seconds to charge before engaging sound, also check your voltage on track is ideally 14v or more, failing both, do reach out to the support guys on accurascale.com 

Thanks will check voltage, using powercab so it should be alright [?]

• RMweb Gold
On 22/11/2023 at 05:04, SRman said:

Hi Steve, I'm back again!

I have now updated the firmware on all five of the ESU decoders and played with the bass and treble settings. What I have ended up with is as follows:

37 026   CV196 = 19   CV197 = 17   (legomanbiffo sound)

37 423   CV196 = 19   CV197 = 24   (Accurascale Accurathrash sound)

37 602   CV196 = 27   CV197 = 8     (legomanbiffo sound)

37 608   CV196 = 27  CV197 = 8      (ESU HiFi sound)
37 609   CV196 = 15   CV197 = 17   (Jamie Goodman sound)

All of these have Accurathrash speakers fitted, but 37 026 and 37 609 have had the sugar cube speaker removed.

Overall volume (CV63) is set at between 90 and 110 depending on the sound file - these volumes suit me and my layout but may not suit others, it's very much down to personal tastes. I also did the suggested changes from a much earlier post for CV32 = 1 + CV259 = 255.

I hope these settings might give others a few ideas, but as you can see, there isn't much consistency in the settings I thought sounded good to me.

Thanks, that's great.  I'll do some "playing" this weekend and see if we end up with similar solutions.  Of course, it is all subjective and down to personal taste.  I'm with you on turning down the volume, which suits my layout and surrounds too.

The CV259 adjustment is interesting, as that is the volume control for the "prime mover" in Sound Slot 1, so you are effectively turning up the volume on the engine only.  I'll give it a go.  Word of caution to anyone else trying the CV259 adjustment, make sure CV31=16 & CV32=1 before adjusting CV259.

Steve

Edited by 55020
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I unpacked my 37 (D6702 Green with SYP) this morning - superb in every respect; I've never seen quality and attention to detail like it - the box is probably the best I've ever seen (the only downside being it's physical size for storage, but you can't have everything - but I'd far prefer a well protected model).  Documentation is also first class and much better than H & B in my view.  The test run was superb, as was the slow running.

Problems?  I did find that one of the Head Code Box front panels and the number itself were loose in the packaging 😢 and one of the retaining clips was broken/missing.  I don't want to risk gluing it in (knowing my luck I'll get glue on the clear plastic or it'll fog) and it'll stop me changing the code in the future.

So I pinged off an email to Accurascale, asking if they can send a replacement panel.  I got a reply from "Simon" in two minutes (literally), promising to send a replacement just as soon as they come into stock.  Huge Tick awarded.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Just unboxed D6704 looks really good 

Couple of questions , is there an AUX function on prodigy advance? And is there any way of getting rid of the silly AWS horn every time it changes direction.  If doors and windows are closed you would never hear that outside and it only happens when changing cabs

• RMweb Gold

Had a good play with the 37 I'm really impressed with it. Instrument lights may be a dad bright ror early locos maybe you should offer an option of a figure with working  bardic lamp in his lap so he can see the speedo! Something that will be familiar to anyone that's driven 37s 

• Like 4