Class 37, by Accurascale

2 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I've put more on my Cumbrian Coast thread, but here are some pictures I took earlier today of some of my DRS Class 37's, which of course will be running with my Bachmann Mk2's, on my Cumbrian Coast layout.

IMG_2546.jpeg

IMG_2551.jpeg

IMG_2552.jpeg

IMG_2553.jpeg

IMG_2554.jpeg

IMG_2556.jpeg

IMG_2557.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

This is an excellent set! I too am working on the Anglia "Short set" where I have reworked Stephen Middlemore into Avro Vulcan. The only disappointment was with the DBSO which has a incorrect front end and light pattern. Took some modifications. 

20230412_215336.jpg

IMG-20221106-WA0015.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I will if I can't get the screws.  If I've got the clips, I kinda want to use them

Unless I have missed something, the AS 37 has never used screws for the speaker, only clips. I used blac tak on the one I got without factory fit sound until the first batch of clips were available where I was lucky to grab a set.

The clips hold it firmly so I removed tge blac tak.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Melton Works said:

This is an excellent set! I too am working on the Anglia "Short set" where I have reworked Stephen Middlemore into Avro Vulcan. The only disappointment was with the DBSO which has a incorrect front end and light pattern. Took some modifications. 

20230412_215336.jpg

IMG-20221106-WA0015.jpg

I've been offered 37402 at a reasonable price and thought about renumbering it to 37424/37558.  Is it easy to do without a lot of faff?  I'll keep my DBSO as it is as I don't think I'm that a good a modeller to drill out the centre headlight and install lighting.

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

I've been offered 37402 at a reasonable price and thought about renumbering it to 37424/37558.  Is it easy to do without a lot of faff?  I'll keep my DBSO as it is as I don't think I'm that a good a modeller to drill out the centre headlight and install lighting.

I would keep it as 37402 as the real thing is now a LSL loco

As recent posters have confirmed, it is the Deltic speaker clips that need screws whereas those for the 37s are simply a clip fit, albeit that a little black tack to tighten these further definitely helps. The separately available speaker clips for the Deltics unfortunately come without the necessary screws that hold them in place. This was also the problem with some of the original Deltic batch which had vibrating speakers; several of the DCC Sound versions I received came without any speaker screws fitted at all - QED. This is an issue about which AS are fully aware, and I have been badgering Support since June 2022 about this. There are incidentally actually two different screw sizes required.

In their most recent response on 16 November 2023, over five weeks ago, I was told they would be on the way shortly. The curious reason given for the continuing delay was that there weren't enough previously to fulfil my order (ordered August 2022), and it's most frustrating that after all this time they've still not arrived.

I hesitated about adding this but, following the recent somewhat negative theme, I have no problem admitting that all my posts here also have to be moderator approved for publication, presumably because of a criticism I raised in the past, which is a shame as I am a huge fan of the AS product. I have no objection at all to editorial approval, although should emphasise that nothing I have said, including in any unpublished posts, could be construed in any way as misleading, inaccurate, or plain wrong. However I can most sincerely assure AY Mod following his comment yesterday about 3 being blocked from this topic, that I am neither an idiot, nor do I have any agenda. 

Edited by AY Mod
Point already covered removed

On 24/12/2023 at 17:33, jools1959 said:

The hardest job is cutting out the engine room window. Luckily the light was in situ. Removed a lamp bracket and nose Ariel's too.

I'm a little confused by the exploded diagram, can anyone confirm that the nose ariel from 37409 is part No.145 please, seems I've lost one somewhere, and despite several attempts at vacuuming to find it, can't.  I'm aware that AS are still awaiting the container with all the spare parts, but I would like to contact them regarding a replacement (several probably🙃)

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

The hardest job is cutting out the engine room window. Luckily the light was in situ. Removed a lamp bracket and nose Ariel's too.

I think I’ll pass, I was hoping it was just a simple renumber job.  To be honest, I probably have enough AS Class 37’s anyway (6 in total).

• Like 2

Attention to detail - cab interiors.

No matter which era I happen to be running, I keep spotting little details on my AS 37s that I've not noticed before. Having parked 37402 and 37610 close to each other today with cab lights on, I noticed that there was a difference in the cab lighting between them. On closer inspection, and checking some of the others, I noticed that AS have modelled the cab interior with the bulkhead correctly forward of the cab door on the 37/6s, whereas the 37/4s and others have the cab interior with the bulkhead to the rear of the cab doors. I thought the cab interiors were good, but this really is impressive. On the other hand, having not spotted this before does show that I'm way behind with the crew fitting project !

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Smudge617 said:

I'm a little confused by the exploded diagram, can anyone confirm that the nose ariel from 37409 is part No.145 please, seems I've lost one somewhere, and despite several attempts at vacuuming to find it, can't.  I'm aware that AS are still awaiting the container with all the spare parts, but I would like to contact them regarding a replacement (several probably🙃)

Thanks.

We are closed currently for the holidays but the parts are in so drop us an email with the details and we can take care 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, McC said:

We are closed currently for the holidays but the parts are in so drop us an email with the details and we can take care 

Thank you, I'll email you in the New Year. enjoy your break and thank you for making these amazing models.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

There is a gentleman on a foreign forum I belong to who for some reason is bugging me about the light functions on AS D6704, (which I don't have as it's not in my timeframe.) It seems he can't get them to work, everything else is fine, sounds etc. and he assures me that he's checked the switches by the decoder and they are set correctly for DCC operation, and he's using an NCE system.

Now I'm pretty sure I know the answer already after looking at the specs for D6704 but thought I had better double check with yourselves being more knowledgeable than myself about this version before I break the news to him, am I correct in thinking this model does not have any lighting at all, apart from the split headcode ?

Edited by Smudge617
spelling

4 hours ago, Smudge617 said:

There is a gentleman on a foreign forum I belong to who for some reason is bugging me about the light functions on AS D6704, (which I don't have as it's not in my timeframe.) It seems he can't get them to work, everything else is fine, sounds etc. and he assures me that he's checked the switches by the decoder and they are set correctly for DCC operation, and he's using an NCE system.

Now I'm pretty sure I know the answer already after looking at the specs for D6704 but thought I had better double check with yourselves being more knowledgeable than myself about this version before I break the news to him, am I correct in thinking this model does not have any lighting at all, apart from the split headcode ?

The dip switches under the decoder need to be set for either ESU or other decoders.

I imagine Accurascale's models representing the first five class 37s (6700-6704) have the same lighting options, unless there is one featuring the late 1980s onwards square headlight.  

• Like 1

On 25/12/2023 at 00:14, tlm said:

As recent posters have confirmed, it is the Deltic speaker clips that need screws whereas those for the 37s are simply a clip fit, albeit that a little black tack to tighten these further definitely helps. The separately available speaker clips for the Deltics unfortunately come without the necessary screws that hold them in place. This was also the problem with some of the original Deltic batch which had vibrating speakers; several of the DCC Sound versions I received came without any speaker screws fitted at all - QED. This is an issue about which AS are fully aware, and I have been badgering Support since June 2022 about this. There are incidentally actually two different screw sizes required.

In their most recent response on 16 November 2023, over five weeks ago, I was told they would be on the way shortly. The curious reason given for the continuing delay was that there weren't enough previously to fulfil my order (ordered August 2022), and it's most frustrating that after all this time they've still not arrived.

I hesitated about adding this but, following the recent somewhat negative theme, I have no problem admitting that all my posts here also have to be moderator approved for publication, presumably because of a criticism I raised in the past, which is a shame as I am a huge fan of the AS product. I have no objection at all to editorial approval, although should emphasise that nothing I have said, including in any unpublished posts, could be construed in any way as misleading, inaccurate, or plain wrong. However I can most sincerely assure AY Mod following his comment yesterday about 3 being blocked from this topic, that I am neither an idiot, nor do I have any agenda. 

With the greatest of respect, you are not doing yourself any favours by harping on about deltic speaker issues in a class 37 thread. From reading your post you appear to have beef with Accurascale, so why not deal with them direct.  They are a really good bunch of people, and if you approach them in a positive and respectful manner I am sure you will achieve a positive result. Airing your dirty washing in this thread will achieve nothing for you except perhaps damage your reputation. 

Edited by Covkid
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Smudge617 said:

The lighting options (headlight, tailight, instrument, cab, engine room) should work.  Was the model AS sound fitted, or is it an after market decoder?  If the latter, is it an AS supplied decoder or from some other source?

Steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 55020 said:

The lighting options (headlight, tailight, instrument, cab, engine room) should work.  Was the model AS sound fitted, or is it an after market decoder?  If the latter, is it an AS supplied decoder or from some other source?

Steve

I believe it was factory fitted, he did send me a video and it was definitely the AS sound file, but whether he fitted it I'm unsure, I will double check with him and get back to you.

Edited by Smudge617

1 hour ago, Smudge617 said:

I believe it was factory fitted, he did send me a video and it was definitely the AS sound file, but whether he fitted it I'm unsure, I will double check with him and get back to you.

As Steve (55020) said, there should be working headcodes, tail lights, cab lights (directional), engine room lights, and instrument panel lights. All work fine on my D6704, although the photo is only showing headcode and cab lights.

20231213_163841.jpg.28bed409f56b8754b4881e466d20308a.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, SRman said:

As Steve (55020) said, there should be working headcodes, tail lights, cab lights (directional), engine room lights, and instrument panel lights. All work fine on my D6704, although the photo is only showing headcode and cab lights.

20231213_163841.jpg.28bed409f56b8754b4881e466d20308a.jpg

I also recently owned Accurascale's D6704 loco. I got it working on the DCC layout and controlling it via the NCE Power Cab. It runs on OK layout, the sound is very good. However, the lighting functions as per the accompanying instructions do not work? Meanwhile for model 37402 Stephen Middlemore, I also use almost the same functions, cabin light, headlight... works well

20231227_070708.jpg

20231227_070716.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TungVT said:

I also recently owned Accurascale's D6704 loco. I got it working on the DCC layout and controlling it via the NCE Power Cab. It runs on OK layout, the sound is very good. However, the lighting functions as per the accompanying instructions do not work? Meanwhile for model 37402 Stephen Middlemore, I also use almost the same functions, cabin light, headlight... works well

20231227_070708.jpg

20231227_070716.jpg

The night light setting only works on the 37s with WiPAC light clusters. I'm not sure about the depot light setup - I haven't tried it but that also may only apply to the later lighting.

I forgot to mention mine is also an NCE system.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, SRman said:

The night light setting only works on the 37s with WiPAC light clusters. I'm not sure about the depot light setup - I haven't tried it but that also may only apply to the later lighting.

I forgot to mention mine is also an NCE system.

Thanks for comment.

The lighting features are clearly stated on the Accurascale website for the loco D6704. I looked very carefully so I decided to order

image.png.c6ef74a55c4bf2311d21eb79d03b0647.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

F22 and F23 do not do anything on the D6704, or any of the other models from the same batch.  As the name suggests, they only work with the WIPAC fitted models e.g. 37216, 37423 and the 37/6s.

However F17 to F21 obviously should work.

@Smudge617 The AS decoder will discount my initial thoughts, which were he'd fitted a generic Loksound 5 and not mapped the AUX functions.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, TungVT said:

20231227_070708.jpg

20231227_070716.jpg

You say the lights on your D6704 also don't work, have you found a solution or are still working the problem ?

Edited by Smudge617

20 hours ago, 55020 said:

Steve

He says it's a factory-fitted sound decoder so I've asked him to check the switch positions under the decoder, I doubt if that's the problem but worth checking on the off chance, if they're correct I think he'll have to contact AS directly and see about returning it. Unless @TungVT who has a similar problem has found a solution.

Edited by Smudge617