Model Rail Magazine Vale of Rheidol 2-6-2T in 009

phil gollin

19 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Or model the original layout? 

I'd rather not if we are talking the whole Aberystwyth station area 😅

Plans are probably for an exchange siding photo plank thingy to recreate this photo...

image.png.86bc689940282be45355d56223fa67a1.png

... and most likely the River Rheidol bridge which I think will be just the right size to fit on an SMS "Layout in a Box"

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
On 24/11/2022 at 21:05, Butler Henderson said:

Subscription copies are already out -as per an earlier posting being developed by Revolution and samples expected early in the New Year

I've hunted high & low in the latest BRM for info on these VoR tanks - eventually the penny has dropped, I need to look in MR!!

Looking forward to them...

Ralf

• Friendly/supportive 3

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, SteamingWales said:

According to the article we should be seeing EPs quite soon based on the "samples should be here early in the New Year" sentence

I wouldn't be surprised if someone at MR complains about breach of copyright!

• Like 2

Cheers for sharing the info.

The model is likely to cost at least £150, of which Model Rail will get a sizeable cut. I'll happily pay for that, but I'm not subscribing to a magazine just to get an update on its progress which every other manufacturer shares for free, and which they appear to share themselves via their own Facebook page 👍

Edited by drt7uk
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Ryde-on-time said:

The latest of Model Rail magazine September 23 has photos of the first EP of the Vale of Rheidol locos. They look very promising and the detail exquisite, looks like they’ll be worth the wait

You are not wrong there, they are looking lovely. Now, how many can I justify? At least one has to be BR Blue…

Roy

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

These definitely look promising! I'll have to get at least one to go alongside the standard gauge Aberystwyth shed I currently have under construction

3 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

You are not wrong there, they are looking lovely. Now, how many can I justify? At least one has to be BR Blue…

Roy

You can at least justify up to 3? Right?

• Like 1

They are looking lovely, my old Chivers one might have to retire, or at least go on to secondary duties!

Plenty of livery options too, but I'll be hard pressed to decide! Another in blue, maroon, ochre, faux Cambrian black green, or BR green as they were when I went in 1988!

IMAG0652.jpg.a532d1a1973df244708f9172b9535f36.jpg

ValeofRheidol-August19882.jpg.bd10501a329e212d554437cdd373cfaa.jpg

Crikey! I'd best crack on and build some more stock!

Cheers

J

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Personally I think they look their best in BR Green from the 60's,  however BR Blue is an intresting one as it makes you wonder what it some mainline locos went into BR Blue and steam lasted into the early 80's....

Edited by John Besley
Schpelling

20 minutes ago, John Besley said:

..... wonder what it some mainline locos went into BR Blue and steam lasted into the early 80's....

Don't!!!!! It's the stuff of nightmares!!!!

😖

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

44 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Personally I think they look their best in BR Green from the 60's,  however BR Blue is an intresting one as it makes you wonder what it some mainline locos went into BR Blue and steam lasted into the early 80's....

There were specific instructions that 'Corporate' Blue Grey & other branding was NOT to be applied to Steam Loco's

The VofR somehow missed that 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1