Olivia's Class 76 LE (inc earlier Blue Pullman content)

Gulliver

Coachmann : Modellers in 1960 would be puzzled by todays preoccupation with the somewhat obscure and at that time unexciting Blue Pullman

Dibbers : I guess it depends on the modeller! I can remember, as a 14 year old trainspotter the first time I saw the Blue Pullman at Iver.

I agree with Chris- I remember the BP (or South Wales Pullman) from the early 1970s, and there was nothing else in service quite like it, even at that late stage of its career.

By the early 1970s the few remaining railway enthusiasts (!) had lowered their expectations so yes, I suppose a Blue Pullman might have looked interesting by that date.

But in 1960 it was a different matter but you had to be there to believe me I suppose. Railway enthusiasts still had many many thousands of steam locos to look at from the last remaining pre-group 4-4-0s and tank locos to many classes where withdrawals had not even started. The Blue Pullman on a basically steam railway was a no-no.......it was less interesting than a Sulzer Type 2 Bo-Bo!!! I saw the Pullman swishing along and in St.Pancras station. A few solitary individuals looked at it oput of curiouslty but the enthusiast were next door watching EC steam out of Kings Cross. That was life in 1960........ A world apart from 1970.

Larry

Sorry if its been mentioned, but I don't have time to search every thread, but Olivias trains new website for the Blue Pullman and EM1 is now up and running..

http://www.oliviastrains.co.uk/

As to what the italian garbage is at the bottom is, I haven't a clue.!!

EDIT Just found now I dig deeper , that the website front page is up and running, with the rest in limbo ( apart from ordering the EM1) Give it a few days.

That's why the bottom bit's in Latin- it serves as a placeholder until that bit of the page is ready. It's a practice that goes back to the days of 'hot-lead', and I have known typesetters forget that they'd done it and send the page to be printed.

That's why the bottom bit's in Latin- it serves as a placeholder until that bit of the page is ready. It's a practice that goes back to the days of 'hot-lead', and I have known typesetters forget that they'd done it and send the page to be printed.

I've seen a small column in a newspaper about Lorem ipsum before now :rolleyes: .

THE Olivias Trains website is still under development (today = 20th May) , It should be live on the 21st , You can pay the £60 per loco deposit by Paypal, but to use a Credit Card you will have to wait until next month.

The above news came from the Shop.

And a bit further on 'classus XXIX locos satis frothus modellerem Caledonii' so that's good news for the NBL fans wink.gif

... sed dimensiones cabii falsi sunt...

Stoatus Frothus dicet: "Modellus RTR malissimus est!"

... sed dimensiones cabii falsi sunt...

Stoatus Frothus dicet: "Modellus RTR malissimus est!"

ecce! Danish fabrica ought ivisse ut Specsavers!

utique is reprehendo incendio amo verus res!

Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet ut et voluptates repudiandae sint et molestiae non recusandae

(translated)

But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted.

Maybe it wasn't such an irrelevant text after all - clearly Olivia's Trains have included their 'Get Out Clause' in Latin.;););)

What I'm still not clear about, is whether it's the LMR Midland Pullman or the WR Pullman which is being produced. Photos of both types appear on the website.

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject in question, was there a significant diffrence between the LMW and WR versions?

What I'm still not clear about, is whether it's the LMR Midland Pullman or the WR Pullman which is being produced. Photos of both types appear on the website.

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject in question, was there a significant diffrence between the LMW and WR versions?

Yes, the Midland Pullman and the Western Pullman are noticeably different. The Midland Pullman is a 6-car unit and the Western Pullman has 8. There are also differences in the makeup of the sets, beside the length.

There may be better on-line references, but in this case, wikipedia is not a bad starting point for Blue Pullman basics.

I was under the impression that only the Midland Pullman would be offered, but I can't remember where I read it - maybe earlier on this thread or on MREmag.

EDIT: ... and Andy beat me to it with a better online reference.

I was under the impression that only the Midland Pullman would be offered, but I can't remember where I read it - maybe earlier on this thread or on MREmag.

Looking back through this thread, I can't substantiate how I formed the opinion that this would be a Midland Pullman.

So my definitive answer is that I have no idea whether the Midland, Western or both will be offered. Hopefully all will be revealed once the website is complete and functional. My apologies for any confusion.

Get'm while you can! The Nanking Blues are already sold out! wink.gif

http://www.oliviastrains.co.uk/shop-detail.asp?prodid=999&catid=137

I can imagine that there might be some unhappy campers. Kindly described, the website is incomplete*, yet it appears to be somewhat functional and indicates that all the Class 76 and 77 are sold out as well.

Good news for people who like the reverse blue-grey Blue Pullman I suppose.

Given the scarcity of details:

• like what does £75.00 purchase exactly? ... presumably one power car but which type?
  • which kitchen car?
  • will there ever be saloon cars and which kind will they be?

I'm glad that I'm not one of those people who wanted a Blue Pullman but held off, hoping for more information.

I must confess to find myself fascinated by the whole Blue Pullman phenomenon - without going so far as wanting to model one. I had a picture book of trains when I was young (60s) featuring the Blue Pullman and I think that left an impression.

* The reference to Divine Shoos is a bit unprofessional!

Disappointingly only the blue/gray version is available. They can't be making very many of these then, can they if they've already sold out. :unsure:

I take it £75 is just the deposit. How much is the final price for the power, dummey, and kitchen set likely to be?

Disappointingly only the blue/gray version is available. They can't be making very many of these then, can they if they've already sold out. :unsure:

There was a big wink in my comment above. rolleyes.gif

I suspect the stock levels have more to do with the website being new and incomplete, rather than actually being sold out.

Since you are only taking deposits, seems like it would be real easy to "make more".

• RMweb Premium

Despite the froth and interest that having the incomplete website up and viewable generates, they really really ought to have kept it offline until it was ready! I don't know any good IT manager who would allow the build of a site on online servers that are so easily available to the punters...

Not sure how you can sell out of something not yet available unless there's a real desire to make these strictly limited editions. Maybe this is just a demand testing exercise and the it's just the volume threshold of project viability that has been reached.

Despite the froth and interest that having the incomplete website up and viewable generates, they really really ought to have kept it offline until it was ready! I don't know any good IT manager who would allow the build of a site on online servers that are so easily available to the punters...

Indeed, the dev work could be hidden behind a public 'coming soon' splash screen as its currently not very professional!

Mind you their main site is a bit silly too allowing you to put what you like on the links http://www.oliviastrains.com/pages/1477/ilovehorses .

I'm interesting in the small print these deposits they want.

Archived