Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The announcement was for an Electrostar…

it was so fast at selling out that you missed it… gosh all gone in 3 minutes 77 seconds.

You’ll have to wait for run 2…

I counted 3 minutes 87 seconds.

Yes I ordered 12 car rakes in each livery!

Edited by reddragon
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Chris gets it 😉

Sorry folks, a cheap one this year, but our original idea didn’t work out so we had this instead. We promise a return to form next year.

We’ll have a small announcement next week though, promise!

Cheers!

Fran

Haha. 

I can’t be the only one who always takes the phrase “small announcement” literally right? My mind immediately goes towards narrow gauge, n gauge, small locos and wagons rather than a couple of extra liveries 😂

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Brian-1c said:

One possibility, now that the 66 has been announced, a 59 must be logical future step. I note that RevolutioN have already said that the 66 is the logical step from their 59.

Given the recent Dapol release, I am not sure that I see the viability. It is significantly different to the 66, meaning pretty much a whole new tooling would be needed.

Whilst the Dapol one is not perfect, it also undercuts typical Accurascale prices so it would not be similar to an Accurascale/Bachmann Deltic/37 going head-to-head. 

Roy

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Given the recent Dapol release, I am not sure that I see the viability. It is significantly different to the 66, meaning pretty much a whole new tooling would be needed.

Whilst the Dapol one is not perfect, it also undercuts typical Accurascale prices so it would not be similar to an Accurascale/Bachmann Deltic/37 going head-to-head. 

Roy

I disagree, I’d like an accurate 59 and the Dapol still isn’t correct in moulding or lighting, plus there is still no provision for 59001-4

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Dorset33 said:

I disagree, I’d like an accurate 59 and the Dapol still isn’t correct in moulding or lighting, plus there is still no provision for 59001-4

I didn’t say it would not be a better model nor that it would not be nice to have that model, I argue it is not viable.

Is the Dapol model so bad that enough people will buy a better Accurascale model even though it is more expensive?

Personally I would love an accurate 59002 as delivered, but not from Accurascale as I think there are other better options for their investment. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Revolution would be the better candidate for an OO 59, but they're unlikely to do one as the Dapol looks like it's doing well enough for most potential buyers. I only want one though, and that's 59001 in it's guise when it first arrived and was being tested. Dapol have yet to do that.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

There's 37/4s in original Large Logo condition, 31/4s in basic blue, 50s in Revised Standard no orange cantrail stripe, etc, yet. And U and Q classes for steam BR(S). And... And... 😉

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A decent OO scale model of a IKA or FKA ‘Megafret’s’ would be nice.  I’m sure Accurascale could do a far better job in allowing it to go around curves without huge gaps in the bodyside.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, McC said:

Given enough time we will, of course, accurascale everything. The only question is one of order :) 

So it’s just a matter of waiting for my Fowler 2–6-2T?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jools1959 said:

A decent OO scale model of a IKA or FKA ‘Megafret’s’ would be nice.  I’m sure Accurascale could do a far better job in allowing it to go around curves without huge gaps in the bodyside.

IKAs would be perfect to go with many of the new Class 66.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, McC said:

Given enough time we will, of course, accurascale everything. The only question is one of order :) 

Awesome news, but really, do I have to wait until I’m 170 years old before you announce Class 313/314/315/507/508 or 365/465/466 EMU’s 🤪🤪

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 01/04/2023 at 19:21, adb968008 said:

Ive been messing with Chat GPT today and asked for Accurascales next model train EP…

it gave me these..

DALL·E 2023-04-01 19.20.28 - Bachmann class 69.png

DALL·E 2023-04-01 19.20.41 - Bachmann class 69.png

DALL·E 2023-04-01 19.20.50 - Bachmann class 69.png

“Q Kits - The Return”

• Funny 3

Aren't we due a coaching stock announcement soon then for one of the pre-1948 companies currently being produced by Accurascale?

Just thinking it would be good to see some more Teak stock from the GER or some different GWR stock to go with the Manors.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2