Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

8 hours ago, WCML100 said:

If I had to hedge my bets, i imagine a newly tooled item and the announcement of the Hattons FEA tooling being purchased. 

This was hinted at during an email newsletter some time ago with the stobart 92 pulling some gbrf FEA-S wagons. 

TBH, I hope not. I don't think the market needs more intermodal wagons at the moment. Other than the FKAs perhaps. I appreciate these wouldn't be a new tooling but would be an announcement nontheless that I'd not be excited about.

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold

If it's steam and has been frequently requested, there may yet be a chance for my much-wishlisted GW 1854 or 2721 half-cab pannier, with saddle tank version as well!  If not, there's no harm in mentioning them occasionally as we know Accurascale Fran reads this stuff, and if I can just keep the idea floating around in his mind for next time...

Plenty variety to keep new versions being issued to keep interest and demand up; saddle and pannier obviously but also different bunkers, cabs, smokebox doors, fishbelly plain or straight fluted coupling rods, and lots of liveries to terrorise our wallets with!  The 1854 has never been available as an RTR model, and the Hornby 2721 was deeply faulted and could not be regarded as being to scale or anything more than an impressionist toy really.

Some proper Dean 4-wheelers to accompany them would be nice as well, I'm sure AC can do better than Hatton's or Hornby's generics.  LBSCR 'balloon' type brake compartments did exist on the GW, but I would prefer to see the types featured in the 1950s Glynrhondda miner's train...  Again, plenty different liveries to keep interest up!

11 hours ago, TomScrut said:

TBH, I hope not. I don't think the market needs more intermodal wagons at the moment. Other than the FKAs perhaps. I appreciate these wouldn't be a new tooling but would be an announcement nontheless that I'd not be excited about.

I am hoping for some FEA's especially if they decide to tool some nice Binliner boxes to go on top. In desperate need of some of those! 

1 hour ago, WCML100 said:

I am hoping for some FEA's especially if they decide to tool some nice Binliner boxes to go on top. In desperate need of some of those! 

The binliner is one that is missing. I don't really associate it with intermodal but obviously it's on intermodal wagons.

My point was more that there's only so many wagons we need to put intermodal containers on. The containers are where most of the variety comes from rather than the wagons themselves, and there are wagons already available to feasibly represent most of the intermodal operations in the UK, even if recreating an exact train isn't possible. The gap of FKAs for example, IKAs are used to do the same thing I believe (although not as common as FKAs on DB stuff).

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

The binliner is one that is missing. I don't really associate it with intermodal but obviously it's on intermodal wagons.

My point was more that there's only so many wagons we need to put intermodal containers on. The containers are where most of the variety comes from rather than the wagons themselves, and there are wagons already available to feasibly represent most of the intermodal operations in the UK, even if recreating an exact train isn't possible. The gap of FKAs for example, IKAs are used to do the same thing I believe (although not as common as FKAs on DB stuff).

I agree, I am biased though as Greenford saw plenty of Binliner traffic haha!

The DB intermodal wagons I feel are the least represented. The FKA being one along with FCA's. Again, being biased I would love to see an FCA done as I need a few for binliners and MOD workings!

I think I remember a tease around the time of the Chaldrons that a dumb buffered steam loco was being worked on, though I struggle to think of something from that camp which would have been 'much requested'. An L&Y pug maybe?

My money is sitting with a return to a big loco after the Buckjumper, and something to match recently announced stock. For those reasons, I'd guess an 8F to head up the mineral wagons. If so, I'd love to see the overseas variations explored as Accurascale Exclusives. 

The other thought, depending how long it's been in the works, is that we could see a Black 5 showdown. Much like the duplication of the 37s, there are enough to go around!

• Like 2

On 14/11/2023 at 10:57, reddragon said:

If its from AS new, I'd order 2 units. If its Hornby / Bachmann I'd have to wait until 2nd hand or heavily discounted due to their inflated prices & issues

It’s not Hornby. I met the team 4/5 months ago and they told me that another brand was already thinking about doing the Electrostars but obviously wouldn’t say who. I was then told that being near Worthing, there’s something on the way that I will be interested in… Got my hopes up for a 313 but probably wrong.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, MistaMatthews said:

I was then told that being near Worthing, there’s something on the way that I will be interested in… Got my hopes up for a 313 but probably wrong.

Much prefer a 4-CIG and has the advantage of the similarities with the 4-VEP. Or maybe a Scaledale model of the pier...

Within my list of 'options' to consider in the past, I have mentioned the ex-LNER U1 2-8-0 + 0-8-2.

Heljan have just announced this, so I'll have to withdraw this new model request!!

Another of 'my list' to remove!!

Clark Railworks are going to produce the WD 2-10-0 !!

Both of these are excellent selections.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

A part from the BR break van (sorry I’m not giving up on this!) obviously with a kettle on the stove with a smoke generator installed! 

However I’d say for a locomotive either a Jubilee plenty of boiler options, four tenders and many livery’s to choose from the other is a 8f. 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, farren said:

A part from the BR break van (sorry I’m not giving up on this!) obviously with a kettle on the stove with a smoke generator installed! 

However I’d say for a locomotive either a Jubilee plenty of boiler options, four tenders and many livery’s to choose from the other is a 8f. 

Kettle?  (adopts irritating adenoidal Home-Counties voice) I think you'll find that you probably meant to say teacan, didn't you!   The stoves were designed with a recess in the top to accept on of these high-tech enamel devices, and held them securely enough.   You need some sparks coming out the stovepipe as well unless the flap door is open...

• Funny 2