More model ideas

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have another all new rolling stock model in OO lined up for announcement this coming Thursday as a Christmas treat…

Feel free to speculate!

(I mentioned it in the HAA thread but it’s probably best to discuss here so the HAA thread doesn’t wander off topic)

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have another all new rolling stock model in OO lined up for announcement this coming Thursday as a Christmas treat…

Feel free to speculate!

(I mentioned it in the HAA thread but it’s probably best to discuss here so the HAA thread doesn’t wander off topic)

Cheers!

Fran

You did not work at Ann Summers before Accurascale did you,all this teasing and suspense........

• Funny 4

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Feel free to speculate!

Cheers!

Fran

I predict a GWR Pollen, completely useless to me and far too big, I will of course take ten of them.  

• Funny 2

Having searched this topic and surprisingly drawn a blank -- I'd love to see Accurascale take on the 700 / 707 / 717 Desiro City family of EMUs. Very much in the same spirit of bang-up-to-date models like their MK5s with DVT (and even better looking!). Between them, they have now covered Cambridge-Brighton with Thameslink; Moorgate-Hertfordshire with Great Northern; Waterloo-Windsor/Weybridge with SWT/SWR; and Charing Cross-Kent with SouthEastern.

Great looking ultra-modern units and great liveries. They'd fit the Accurascale stable well...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Fran did say rolling stock

That to me rules out a loco or multiple unit.

I would hope they are following the chauldron with an NER wooden hopper (given the number of hoppers/minerals they already do) but won't get my hopes up.  Still, if they measured the Chauldrons at Beamish they could have done this beauty at the same time I suppose....

1626706016_20tonner.jpg.741e64929a7d7e4c968b2164c6859b4d.jpg

Les

Edited by Les1952

5 hours ago, Calidore said:

Having searched this topic and surprisingly drawn a blank -- I'd love to see Accurascale take on the 700 / 707 / 717 Desiro City family of EMUs. Very much in the same spirit of bang-up-to-date models like their MK5s with DVT (and even better looking!). Between them, they have now covered Cambridge-Brighton with Thameslink; Moorgate-Hertfordshire with Great Northern; Waterloo-Windsor/Weybridge with SWT/SWR; and Charing Cross-Kent with SouthEastern.

Great looking ultra-modern units and great liveries. They'd fit the Accurascale stable well...

Bloody uncomfortable seats though. 7oaks to Blackfriars with Thameslink.

32 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

Fran did say rolling stock

That to me rules out a loco or multiple unit.

That's a strange one, as I have seen it categorised like that at shops before but as far as I am aware rolling stock is any stock that rolls, powered or unpowered.

How AS interpret it is another matter altogether!

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Black 5 Bear said:

A set of MK2's to complete the KUA nuclear set.

I doubt it as Rainbow Railways already do them, converted from Bachmann Mk2 BSK’s, and stunning models they are too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jools1959 said:

I doubt it as Rainbow Railways already do them, converted from Bachmann Mk2 BSK’s, and stunning models they are too.

RR only do them in limited quantities it seems, and they are £75 a go which I expect puts people off (not me, I have a pair, but it took some thinking about).

Having said that AS's mk2 is £60 (minus 10% if buying two or more IIRC) so probably not too different there? Given before that the biggest competition (which I expect most will be using) was Hornby 2F brakes in DRS, but at just over £30 a pop when they first came out.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

RR only do them in limited quantities it seems, and they are £75 a go which I expect puts people off (not me, I have a pair, but it took some thinking about).

Having said that AS's mk2 is £60 (minus 10% if buying two or more IIRC) so probably not too different there? Given before that the biggest competition (which I expect most will be using) was Hornby 2F brakes in DRS, but at just over £30 a pop when they first came out.

I’m hoping that someone will do the Mk2F DBSO with the gangway blanked off, as per DRS or Network Rail.  You could even go further back with IC, One, National Express Greater Anglia or just Greater Anglia.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

I can't help but think they'd fly off the shelves as long as they were at a price people would stomach.

I think if it was announced they were doing just the DRS and Network Rail versions, as long as it wasn’t some loony price, they’d sell out in a heartbeat 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I think if it was announced they were doing just the DRS and Network Rail versions, as long as it wasn’t some loony price, they’d sell out in a heartbeat 

Yes, DRS 37s worked with both NR and DRS DBSOs, and NR would also work well with the minions if they ever happen. Would open options up for those of us with test trains, at the moment the entry point is 2 locos.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, TomScrut said:

That's a strange one, as I have seen it categorised like that at shops before but as far as I am aware rolling stock is any stock that rolls, powered or unpowered.

How AS interpret it is another matter altogether!

That’s a good point. For clarity it’s not a powered model.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

I think the next one will be either the NER 20 ton wooden hopper or a PO wooden coal wagon. For the latter, what version do they go for, as the RCH specs kept getting updated, but very few, if any, RTR wagons capture these once common wagons well.

You can actually do a time line of the coal caring box wagon, chaldron, dumb buffered wooden, sprung buffers, grease axlebox, oil axlebox, single sided brakes, dual sided brakes, 16 ton minerals, 21 ton minerals, 24.5 ton minerals, ending with the box wagons built on the old HEA chassis.

• RMweb Gold

Tend to agree on the NER hopper wagon.

Ideal choice is something that many buyers will want in quantity but which is not already available to a standard that many would regard as "good enough" to preclude replacing dozens they already own.

That probably rules out the RCH 1923 pattern PO's and the common 16T minerals, with Bachmann having had many years to saturate those markets.

The riveted pattern 16-tonners were probably not common enough to sell in big enough numbers.

John