Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

looking good bruv..I like the TPO and brush ..hows the extention coming on ..?.

Hi Keith,

I finished 47561 last night so will post up a few pics when it has cooled down out in the garage, we are having a few hot days at the moment.

Haven't touched the extension for a while but it all runs well and I am not planning to rip up the track again, so I might get on with some senics this year along with some other layout projects.

Cheers Peter.

Only me,:D

Just a couple of pics of 47561, I now have 47106, 47418, 47515, 47535, 47561, and 47613 available for service on Llanbourne. I chose 561 as it was a Crewe allocated loco and the only one so far.:) I still need to get a Bachmann detail pack as 561 only has the extra bogie detail bits on one bogie, as only four came in the pack,:unsure: 47561 started life as Bachmanns 47035 and has had the boiler port filled in and underfreame tanks swapped over from 47515 which started life as 47612.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-40430000-1294401692_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-64334900-1294401773_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Peter,

Cracking job on the 47 - nice subtle weathering really brings it to life and great shot of it next to the tanks. You have a nice fleet of 47's now all that hard work is really paying off.

My Cumbrian coast plan is a long term project which will be an alternative to Rannoch so I can re-use the trestles - lots of 31's, 108's, other DMU's and some speedlink/engineers workings not to mention flasks. A nice scratch built Furness signal box and small station complete with Furness seats with the squirrel ends - so far I have the seats so lots to do! Plan will be fictional but with some real elements taken from the line on it. Will also plan to use it in current period for all my DRS fleet to run many of Andi (cairns road works) efforts. But this will be several years before it becomes reality as I have a few other things to get done before.

Whats next off your work bench?

Thanks,

mark

Thanks guys,

Hi Rich, The next 47s will be Large Logo which I must admit is a livery i like myself. Plan is to do a Scottish one and another Crewe based machine.

Hi Alex, To be honest the old Spoooooons werer never a favourite of mine though they did grow on me a bit when I was working on the railway, they did seem to be able to do anything and they were quite comfortable to have a snooze in.:D

Hi Mark, 2010 was really the year for class 47s I sort of got on a bit of a roll with them and keeped going, I should take a pic of them all.

your Cumbrian layout plans sound good, ideal for running your BR blue and the later DRS stuff the area didn't change much over the years so it should work well.

Next of the workbench will be a blue grey TPO then its onto buildings and work on the layout.

Cheers Peter.

More candidates for the "How realistic ... " thread, Peter. Those look really great.

Thanks Jeff,

Here is another pic of the loco on the mainline.:D

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-33335700-1294468888_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Scott, During the early 90s there were still a few banger blue 47s about, you could do a nice Tinsley namer. I used to see them all over the place.;)

Thanks Graham, That will be the last class 47 I do for a while, as I said before I am hopping to get a bit done on the layout this year.

Cheers Peter.

All the 5s, 47515 arrives on the 1D33 ex Stoke, 47535 will move off the stabling point and work the train forwards to Holyhead. 47561 arrived earlier on a service from Crewe with 37693 on test.

Has anyone had any dramas with how the Bachmann 37s run mine seems to rock on its centre wheels,

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-09505200-1295157538_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Who's brick paper are you using in the above shot?

B)

Hi Larry,

That would be some 12 inches to the foot by Boral.:P

37693 sits on the fuel point.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-48944900-1295176630_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

It's the summer of 1986 and you have an hour to kill at Llanbourne on the North Wales Coast, it's a fairly bright day but the sun is partly covered by some high cloud and there is only a slight breeze coming of the Irish Sea. A good day to get a gew pics.:D

Part 1.

It's 09.15 and a class 142 Pacer comes off the branch with a working from Blaenau Ffestiniog, 47418 is sat in platform 2 waiting to depart with the 09.25 1A25 Llanbourne to Euston. Ticking over in platform 1 is no heat Peak 45029 it has worked in on a train from Holyhead and will return to Holyhead on the next Trans Pennine working from Manchester.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-72827400-1295438702_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-43014400-1295438760_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-33600900-1295438834_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-94880000-1295438890_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Peter, you have a nice collection of 47s there, whenever I see photos on your thread it makes me start thinking of locos to buy! I really do like 37698, was that on test from Crewe?

The Peak looks rather nice, especially the peeling paint on the front! I be there were some bashers on the platform hoping it might work a service later!

Thanks all,

Hey Bro, there is a yellow van on the layout somewhere too.;)

Hi Merf, The 142 was all Chester had, the branch is normally a 101 or 108.

Hi leon, As Alex mentioned the class 37 is on test from Crewe works and arrived with a class 47 on a service from Crewe. I am not sure if ex works locos ever worked freight along the coast before going to there own depot, but I quess it would be possible.

Hi Class 66, I still have a few more class 47s I want to do but I am giving them a rest for a while.

Hi Alex, That is one problem with looking at other peoples layouts, it makes you think about changing time periods etc. though Boxenby would look good with a few class 37s and 47 hanging around.:D 37693 is on test, and it really does need to be looked at as its not the best runner the centre wheels seem lower than the outer ones, and are making the bogies rock a bit.:rolleyes:

The bashers out there will be pleased to know 45029 is booked to work back to Holyhead. HELLFIRE B)

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Part 2,

It's 09.18 and the 4J09 vans from Bangor to Redbank arrives at platform 4, the train is booked for a class 47 but regularly produces a class 25, and today 25109 is on the train. The loco is booked to run round and pick up a van from the centre road.

While 25109 is picking up the van in the centre road 47418 departs for Euston with the 09.25 1A25 Inter City service. 47418 will only work the train as far as Crewe where a class 86 will take over.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-91986000-1295521312_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-43247900-1295521343_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-92575900-1295521416_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-45015300-1295521700_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-29165300-1295521788_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Peter,

More nice pics. I especially like the 47. I must admit I shied away from the earlier Bachmann efforts, but when I look at yours they certainly make into a very nice machine with a bit of work. My Heljans are slated for eventual replacement by Bachmann's version but they all seem to be going through the works at the moment on a refurbishment/refreshment programme so I think they'll be around for a while yet. I've decided to fit buffer beam detail to them too, which is mostly your fault. :D

Sorry if you've mentioned this before (I think you probably have but I've started typing this now so I may as well finish :rolleyes: ), but whose is the personnel carrier in the background of the second pic in the last post?

Cheers for now,

Dave

Hi Peter,

More nice pics. I especially like the 47. I must admit I shied away from the earlier Bachmann efforts, but when I look at yours they certainly make into a very nice machine with a bit of work. My Heljans are slated for eventual replacement by Bachmann's version but they all seem to be going through the works at the moment on a refurbishment/refreshment programme so I think they'll be around for a while yet. I've decided to fit buffer beam detail to them too, which is mostly your fault. :D

Sorry if you've mentioned this before (I think you probably have but I've started typing this now so I may as well finish :rolleyes: ), but whose is the personnel carrier in the background of the second pic in the last post?

Cheers for now,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I was almost at the point of buying Heljan 47s myself, dispite the width problem they run well and do look good when weathered up etc. I didn't buy the first batch as I thought the 75.00 quid price was a bit much. The later un- numbered locos were quite tempting but buy then Bachmann had anounced their 47 which as you say was a bit of a disappointment. I was thinking I might be stuck with my Lima 47s forever, until i saw Pennine MCs bogie and tank mods. Then to clinch the deal Hattons started selling the blue 47035 for 35.00 quid so I picked up two and then another from Rails for 36.00. For that sort of money I don't mind doing a bit of work.:D

The BR crew bus is a Corgi Ford Cargo with scratchbuilt back, there were some plans in an old Modelrail supp, though I still managed to stuff mine up and make it a bit to wide.:rolleyes: Jim S W has done a few different trucks using the Corgi Ford Cargo. well worth a look.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-24324000-1295605211_thumb.jpg

• Like 3