RMweb

Show us yours - Realistic modelling

C602FC1D-CF4B-4E2A-8071-8084BF93EB1F.jpe

Like the smoke - rather better than some - the steam less so. I know it's very difficult to reproduce smoke or steam ..................

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

3 hours ago, Right Away said:

Light work for this reasonably clean big tank, seen drifting past Sharnham Crossing with a late morning working from Tonbridge.

Superb picture. I thought it was the real thing and I was on a different topic until I looked very closely.

Is this layout on RMweb? Please could you add a link if so ? 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Philou said:

C602FC1D-CF4B-4E2A-8071-8084BF93EB1F.jpe

Like the smoke - rather better than some - the steam less so. I know it's very difficult to reproduce smoke or steam ..................

Thanks; steam locomotive emission added to photographs is something of a “Marmite” taste for many.

In this instance I was attempting to portray a coasting Standard with steam passing through a “cracked” regulator tinged with the haze of cylinder oil. As in many aspects of modelling, I find my 74 years a little trying, especially editing photos with the tip of my index finger, 

Edited by Right Away
correction of text
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Fishplate said:

Superb picture. I thought it was the real thing and I was on a different topic until I looked very closely.

Is this layout on RMweb? Please could you add a link if so ? 

Thanks for your kind comment. There is no topic of the layout itself, however I’ve posted quite a few photos on this thread over the last couple of years or so.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Right Away said:

Thanks for your kind comment. There is no topic of the layout itself, however I’ve posted quite a few photos on this thread over the last couple of years or so.

Shame it does deserve its own topic if only to keep all the excellent photos and modelling in one place, allowing space for you to expound in greater detail how some of the work developed

• Agree 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Re6/6 said:

A quiet moment on the Middy in rural Suffolk.

20230707_165521a.jpg.3831ca658fdd373377a232340ad3899e.jpg

The original work was by the late John Watson (Laxfield in MRJ 0). The layout is being restored electrically and scenically as it is a little 'time worn' i.e. faded, dusty and the original groundwork (surgical lint) had become distinctly mothy. It has to be said that John's scenic methods were well ahead of its time (1970s/80s...no lichen used!) using some of the classic Pendon methods.

Teaser....Wait until you see the allotments!

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

On 08/07/2023 at 09:22, Right Away said:

Light work for this reasonably clean big tank, seen drifting past Sharnham Crossing with a late morning working from Tonbridge.

Chaps and chapesses,

To those who gave me thumbs up and the like, I hope it was for the comment that I attached to the picture by @Right Away .  I just hope no-one thought it was my picture as the computer and I weren't getting on very well on the day and I just couldn't do the picture as a quote.

I did think the smoke was just right - a coloured haze and no more. As Right Away said, it's a bit of a Marmite thing and I've no issues with it and I happen to like Marmite!

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 2