Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

On Cats

didcot

Talking of pups, I've just taken advantage of a break in the rain to take our two for their walk (plus Whiskers of course! - he has just claimed his place on my lap!)

We've just had a minor crisis. Dylan was showing great interest in the drawer unit in the kitchen with the support of a group of the others. I pulled the bottom drawer out. In he went followed by a couple of squeaks. D*&%! It's a mouse!. Next Rowena arrives, "Move over! This is mine!" A bit of scrabbling and she backs out with a large mouse/small rat in her mouth. It didn't last long. Cat treats all round enabled me to remove the undesired rodent and dispose of it in the garden. I imagine one of them brought it in, but it got away.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

1 hour ago, Il Grifone said:

Talking of pups, I've just taken advantage of a break in the rain to take our two for their walk (plus Whiskers of course! - he has just claimed his place on my lap!)

We've just had a minor crisis. Dylan was showing great interest in the drawer unit in the kitchen with the support of a group of the others. I pulled the bottom drawer out. In he went followed by a couple of squeaks. D*&%! It's a mouse!. Next Rowena arrives, "Move over! This is mine!" A bit of scrabbling and she backs out with a large mouse/small rat in her mouth. It didn't last long. Cat treats all round enabled me to remove the undesired rodent and dispose of it in the garden. I imagine one of them brought it in, but it got away.

They follow the met office weather warning. As a storm approaches a couple of mice are caught and released indoors to provide entertainment/ exercise/ snack during the foul weather to come.

• Funny 9

6 minutes ago, Nick C said:

What do you mean "I need to work"? This is my chair now...

20231103_153259.jpg.c0d8ca7d5d3ebd8b2840f786b601844d.jpg

Looks just like our Pooh, who likes to curl up on my computer chair (which also looks the same!), and always seems most offended when he is unceremoniously transferred to the carpet.

Snowdrop on the other hand only ever wants to sit in the chair when I'm already in it, so she jumps onto my lap demanding that I make a fuss of her.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Looks just like our Pooh, who likes to curl up on my computer chair (which also looks the same!), and always seems most offended when he is unceremoniously transferred to the carpet.

Snowdrop on the other hand only ever wants to sit in the chair when I'm already in it, so she jumps onto my lap demanding that I make a fuss of her.

She was on my lap shortly before that, trying to climb onto the desk! Then I got up to make a cuppa...

She's been very confused this week because of the clock change. 

Does your chair have the same claw damage too?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Not yet.  They are indoor cats and we try to keep the claws trimmed.

Textured wallpaper is not a good idea though.

Jessica hasn’t had the experience of having her claws clipped yet, the other two are used to it and tolerate it now knowing that Dreamies will follow 

Andi 

• Funny 1

We are dogsitting daughter's German Shorthaired Pointer for a couple of weeks. This has caused much alarums, excursions and consternations in the household, Myla still fluffs and hisses at poor Milo (who only, and rather enthusiastically, just wants to be friends) but the lighting of the log burner last night established a truce with Phoebe:

phoebemilo.jpg.9267168bd16f7b7c662997aa4cdcd071.jpg

Although it will be noted that Phoebe has nonchalantly, and deliberately, placed herself blocking the path to Milo's adored quacky toy and Milo knows full well who has the upper paw in this relationship...

Edited by TT-Pete
  • Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Had to smile on the way home from an appointment in the next town. Spied through a window an elderly gent sat at laptop computer...cat serving as lap warmer/wrist rest/obstruction of intent.

I immediately had to wonder if said gentleman was surfing RMWeb!

C6T.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3