HYA/IIA, BY Accurascale in OO/4mm scale!

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Shortys in Tarmac and Nacco paired with Cemex Express just for a bit of irony (which has also happened with my Castle PCAs, but I believe it has run with both Tarmac HYAs and Castle PCAs in real life too)

It's not too difficult to find pics to confirm your beliefs....... Search flickr for 66780 Clitheroe and 66780 Arcow. (Just typing Arcow brings up many "celebrity" 66s with the HYAs - both short and long)

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, newbryford said:

It's not too difficult to find pics to confirm your beliefs....... Search flickr for 66780 Clitheroe and 66780 Arcow. (Just typing Arcow brings up many "celebrity" 66s with the HYAs - both short and long)

Yes I was working from memory having seen some of those pics.

2 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Works both ways.   I ordered my 4 GBRf HYAs from Accurascale because I needed a few GBRf wagons for my Hornby 66 731 Captain Tom Moore to haul.

It's was a little tongue in cheek joke!

GB 60's usually do the biomass hence the comment.  Good choice on A/S HYA's, but you had a few more  choices on different wagon that GB 66's pull like FEA, MMA/JNA,IOA, plus of course there is a Bachmann Captain Tom too.  In fact thinking about it - 66731 must be the most modelled Class 66 - with 5 versions in OO alone:  Hattons in GBRF/First 'Barbie', Hornby & Bachmann GBRf 'Interhub GB', Hornby & Bachmann 'Capt Tom'!

• Like 1

Let's not forget all the other legacy & more recent players in the game - there's more than the 'red' & 'blue' box companies out there (can we now add yellow / purple boxes to the list to describe a manufacturer?)

1 hour ago, Graham108 said:

Let's not forget all the other legacy & more recent players in the game - there's more than the 'red' & 'blue' box companies out there (can we now add yellow / purple boxes to the list to describe a manufacturer?)

Legacy sounds like a term marketeers from Blue and Red boxes could use to describe lesser products that they want top prices for. 

Yellow and Purple - who are they?  A/S Yellow/Grey, Dapol Blue/ Silver, Cavalex Orange, Revolution Black/Red.  Certainly on rolling stock never had it so good!  Locomotives, not sure if it's being flooded with New Tools meaning everyone is being very selective on what they buy.  (Always wanted an APT and even expressed interest in 2 DJ Models ones, but never bothered with final product from another manufacturer because don't fit my real interests, and better things to spend that much money on in my circumstances!)  For quality and value then the 31, 37, 55 and 92 must be up there as significant temptations.....

10 hours ago, Graham108 said:

How many of them make something prototypically suitable for pulling HYAs? That was my point! Hattons with the 66 I think is the only answer! 47815 has pulled them on a move (to be cut down I think) but I aren't aware of a model of this particular loco. Edit, a 92 has pulled them too (see posts below)

Accurascale, no locos announced suitable as far as I am aware

Dapol, never seen a 68 pulling HYAs

Heljan, 58s were gone by the time these turned up I think, not aware of 86s pulling them

Revolution, announced locos haven't done anything yet

Cavalex, I aren't aware of 56s pulling these

As far as I am aware the only loco classes that have pulled these are:

47 - Hornby, Heljan & Bachmann (although I aren't sure the locos in question have been done as above)

60 - Hornby & Lima

66 - Hornby, Lima, Bachmann, Hattons - DB and GBRF

70 - Bachmann - Colas (when lent/hired to GBRF)

69 - Bachmann - GBRF

87 - Hornby - GBRF

92 - Accurascale and Hornby - GBRF/CS (thanks XChris)

Willing to be proven wrong here, it gives me more options!

Edited by TomScrut
Added more info

13 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Yellow and Purple - who are they?  

IIRC from another thread, the A/S Porterbrook Class 55 is being delivered in a purple box. Not sure if the Network Rail Class 37 is in a yellow box

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

IIRC from another thread, the A/S Porterbrook Class 55 is being delivered in a purple box. Not sure if the Network Rail Class 37 is in a yellow box

Oh 'tis a very bright yellow box. We theme our exclusives with special bespoke packaging for that extra bit of nice! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

43 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Oh 'tis a very bright yellow box. We theme our exclusives with special bespoke packaging for that extra bit of nice! 

Cheers!

Fran 

“…that extra bit of nice!” What a lovely expression and what a clever idea. The thought of a certain purple box has me a little restless. My granddaughter’s cat derailed a locomotive once. It’ll find that this one fights back!

• Funny 1

50 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

I can't wait to see a photo of both the boxes and loco's side-by-side - that's if anybody's been brave enough to order both

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

I can't wait to see a photo of both the boxes and loco's side-by-side - that's if anybody's been brave enough to order both

If you like a special box (and who doesnt like an attractive posh box) I would recommend the DB Class 92 limited edition we are doing for Rails. Our designer has knocked that one out of the park!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

On 06/04/2022 at 10:53, Tugs said:

Well, mine tried to turn up today, but the driver didn't actually ring the doorbell. So close, yet so far :(

Second day's the charm... Parcel Force man actually rang the bell today, so I have my IIA's and very happy I am too!

Now I just need a run of the shorty HYA's in plain branding, and I'll be having a rake of those too!!!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I really need to order at least one variation of these wagons, thing is I don’t know which to go for, I moved the first fastline ones in the country when they were moved from the tunnel to Doncaster and I worked for them daily until they went bust so they do have a special place in my memory, also I had them interspersed with GBRF wagons but I simply can’t justify the cost of a decent looking rake of them 

never worked the biomass ones so not interested in those but the ones that are appealing at the moment are the cut down Cemex ones, only because last week I worked a pair of them with a class 69 (which I’ll get from Bachmann when they are released) so I can justify a single pack, Could even get away with putting a shark brakevan on the back too!

IMG_4507.HEIC

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Let's be honest here, we'd not have that much to play with in OO if it wasn't for Hornby or Bachmann. I aren't entirely sure what I would be meant to pull these with if I had to use an AS loco! I don't think 55s, 37s or 92s have pulled these in real life (maybe 37s on moves perhaps?)

When I read this I was sure I’d seen something, lone behold. With the magic of Accurascale your wishes are my command, Taaaa-Da;

92033 & 66737 Overton 26/03/2015

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Theres always the Hattons 66,shame on you @TomScrut

What you on about? I mention it twice in my post above (screenshot below given I am going to edit it so it's a comprehensive list because of the post with the 92 in), and the 66780 I say I am using on my shortys is a Hattons 66!

Screenshot_20220407-184203_Chrome.jpg.21888e961b103efdf2dc8850b437994b.jpg

3 hours ago, XChris said:

When I read this I was sure I’d seen something, lone behold. With the magic of Accurascale your wishes are my command

Wow that's a good find! I will have to edit my post now!

Edited by TomScrut

5 hours ago, big jim said:

I really need to order at least one variation of these wagons, thing is I don’t know which to go for, I moved the first fastline ones in the country when they were moved from the tunnel to Doncaster and I worked for them daily until they went bust so they do have a special place in my memory, also I had them interspersed with GBRF wagons but I simply can’t justify the cost of a decent looking rake of them 

never worked the biomass ones so not interested in those but the ones that are appealing at the moment are the cut down Cemex ones, only because last week I worked a pair of them with a class 69 (which I’ll get from Bachmann when they are released) so I can justify a single pack, Could even get away with putting a shark brakevan on the back too!

IMG_4507.HEIC

Here you are then !!

51967156459_f3d0a00115_k.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

What you on about? I mention it twice in my post above (screenshot below given I am going to edit it so it's a comprehensive list because of the post with the 92 in), and the 66780 I say I am using on my shortys is a Hattons 66!

Screenshot_20220407-184203_Chrome.jpg.21888e961b103efdf2dc8850b437994b.jpg

Wow that's a good find! I will have to edit my post now!

So you did,must have had brain fade as i have been busy all day and just had a quick roam through while i had a brew.sorry young fella,i thought you had a few of them.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

The first pic are freightliner wagons 

Is the last picture from fastline days, I remember 66705 was the final GBRf loco I took to ironbridge power station with them? 

How about this one, fastline 56 hauling a rake of them in service into ratcliffe power station, the one and only time a 56 worked them 

Image038.jpg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1