RMweb

Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

Who is this eBay seller “sleepymarky” selling Pi’s recently released and brand new model at £20 less than you can have it direct from the manufacturer?

I wish @big jim all the best, but am left wondering how is “sleepymarky” able to undercut the manufacturers themselves forgetting deals such as Black Friday and cashback etc?

Steve S

• RMweb Gold

It says in the description he bought it on a whim and had already paid the deposit, it was the only one he had for sale, I suppose £110 back in his account  (less fees) is better than no money and it sat in a box doing nothing!

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

Great result! Hope you enjoy it when it arrives, tell all your friends!

I will now I’ve bought it, I made sure not to tell anyone it was on eBay incase it sold before the promotion started.

I must admit in the run up to midday (power hour) I did get a bit anxious I’d miss out as it kept coming up ‘2 people watched in the last 24 hours’ , I did the quickest click on to buy and checkout I could incase someone else bagged it! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, big jim said:

I will now I’ve bought it, I made sure not to tell anyone it was on eBay incase it sold before the promotion started.

I must admit in the run up to midday (power hour) I did get a bit anxious I’d miss out as it kept coming up ‘2 people watched in the last 24 hours’ , I did the quickest click on to buy and checkout I could incase someone else bagged it! 

Well, @big jim, you have blagged a beauty at an incredible price.

I am so glad this isn’t a scam of some sort - which was my initial thought!

Earlier in the thread someone has posted their collection of one each of all the variants … if not for the car insurance being due, I might have succumbed to doing the same! Instead, I am going to put some model tokens aside and keep my fingers crossed that a PLA-blue version is in the next batch produced by Planet Industrials!

Steve S

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, big jim said:

I shouldn’t have really bought it with warley being on tomorrow but the PayPal pay in 3 option swung it for me

We'd have charged you £130 at Warley so you did alright! Pop by for a matching set of industrial user wagons ;)

• RMweb Gold

Two quick questions that I can't see an obvious answer to in the past 5 or so pages:

1) Is it a coreless motor? Just checking for decoder settings

2) Is it geared to run quite slow or have I botched my decoder settings?

Thanks

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Kaput said:

Two quick questions that I can't see an obvious answer to in the past 5 or so pages:

1) Is it a coreless motor? Just checking for decoder settings

2) Is it geared to run quite slow or have I botched my decoder settings?

Thanks

I had mine running on analogue this morning, and it is clearly geared for a realistic top speed that I estimate at a scale 20-25mph.

John

• Like 1

I92nhWb.jpg

Rather pleased with my example secured from Warley via James Hilton Himself who using expert sales patter asured me that I bought the first green one of the day on Saturday. Decided to go with Green as it seems lots have gone for the Red and Black. Also, a good warning, the box (and model) is heavier than you realise!

Still some things to do, some real coal in the bunker, sourcing a crew of some sort and have to decide on a name from someone, or somewhere around Swadlincote...

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

I picked up a green one over the weekend from Planet Industrials stand. I fitted a Dapol decoder into the next 18 socket. Loco runs so smoothly. Its the release of this loco then obtaining two secondhand industrial locos from Anoraks has now made me decide on my next layout.

Its likely to be a freelance layout somewhere in the South East so that I can use all my 1960's rolling stock. Now to do some research and come up with a plan.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

36 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Lying in my bed, with nowt to do but to burn off this stinking cold, and photos keep appearing of the green Victory and a little voice in my head goes “We wants it… we wants the preciousssss”

Smeagol S

Should buy one really.

Might encourage them to make more models of other industrial locos then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Din said:

Rather pleased with my example secured from Warley via James Hilton Himself who using expert sales patter asured me that I bought the first green one of the day on Saturday.

I’m really pleased you’re happy with it, and glad my sales patter was so effective!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Din said:

Should buy one really.

Indeed! All in stock at Light Railway Stores (and Rails), although grey has sold really strongly in recent weeks so will be first to sell out I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Din said:

Should buy one really.

Thing is, lying in bed as I am, I cannot help but read the PayPal email inviting me to “Pay In Three”…

Which is very very dangerous indeed…

As it increases the possibility of purchasing more than one loco…

Which is very very very dangerous…

As all those who have “household authorities” to avoid will be aware of!

HOURS OF FUN!

• Friendly/supportive 1

A black one for Blackford Wharf … or Broadhaven … or even Burnstow Dock …

A green one for Burnstow Dock … might be a bit big for Woodhey Quay … then again … EKR …

My existing red one for Burnstow Dock … or Broadhaven …

All three serviced by DRS Engineering …

And then a PLA blue one for Burnstow Dock … when a blue livery is produced … to go with my PLA Peckett, Sentinel and Janus …

gibber mumble moan froth mumble

🤪

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

A black one for Blackford Wharf … or Broadhaven … or even Burnstow Dock …

A green one for Burnstow Dock … might be a bit big for Woodhey Quay … then again … EKR …

My existing red one for Burnstow Dock … or Broadhaven …

All three serviced by DRS Engineering …

And then a PLA blue one for Burnstow Dock … when a blue livery is produced … to go with my PLA Peckett, Sentinel and Janus …

gibber mumble moan froth mumble

🤪

Just buy three of each then you can have at least two colours on all your layouts! You know it makes sense.

• Funny 1