Locomotion Models announce 'Hardwicke' Improved Precedent Class

AY Mod

1 hour ago, shedman said:

But not fully lined?

The model is correct for the livery it currently carries. I don't think it's been lined for over twenty years.

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/58926-lnwr-1054-lms-7799-lms-27799-br-58926/

I half expect a lined one to appear from the Bachmann Collectors Club at some point. They did the Ivatt 2MT 2-6-2T in KWVR red as a special.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

As the Bachmann Coal Tank regularly appears for sale new on Ebay, they may have existing stock that they would want to get rid f before commissioning a more "attractive" version.

This is what you can achieve with waterslide and Pressfix transfers, for those brave enough. The model is from an LRM kit and the dust is optional.

1583153201_LRMCT34FS.jpg.df590314d55db2551c995b480a6dd91d.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I’ve finished working on my model to be era appropriate for what I want; with the exception of the red numberplates which were no where to be seen when I went to apply them! I’m looking forward to taking it and 1000 up the club on Tuesday for some double heading action!

5C165D9B-6C11-495D-8A85-C839756417FA.jpeg

EA894308-6B12-48B6-B680-7E448CF4C0E4.jpeg

3D4C01A3-5F09-4A63-A521-D6D36D409E04.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PeterH said:

I’ve finished working on my model to be era appropriate for what I want; with the exception of the red numberplates which were no where to be seen when I went to apply them! I’m looking forward to taking it and 1000 up the club on Tuesday for some double heading action!

What paint did you use for the cab roof? The finish fits very nicely with the rest of the model.

• RMweb Premium

Do the little "brass" details on the cab roof come out to make painting easier or is it just a case of being REALLY careful not to get black on them?

Also really kicking myself about not getting Lucknow as well, missed that chance now. Hopefully more LNWR versions will be done in the future.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Obsidian Quarry said:

Do the little "brass" details on the cab roof come out to make painting easier or is it just a case of being REALLY careful not to get black on them?

Also really kicking myself about not getting Lucknow as well, missed that chance now. Hopefully more LNWR versions will be done in the future.

I couldn’t get them out so stripped some black wire for the one in the corner and pre shrunk a bit of heatshrink tube to cover the central whistle. I cut them about 8mm long and just sat them on top and lightly sprayed over them. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Obsidian Quarry said:

Lightly wrap a bit of masking tape around them. Low tack stuff if you've got it.

Making sure you leave enough of the tape each side to make it easy to remove.

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 15/12/2021 at 23:19, Locomotion No. 3 said:

Newbryford

We will look into this in the morning when the office in Shildon reopens.

I have emailed them and asked them to investigate and to contact you in the morning.

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

Hi Dennis,

All now sorted and it has just arrived in my mitts.

Thanks to Stuart and the Locomotion team.

Mine survived it's journey across the Atlantic and arrived to me on Monday. Thankfully the only damage was a loose buffer and a disconnected loco and tender (both have now been rectified). I did briefly notice a glue mark on the right hand side (Loco's right) of the firebox but I will have a better look at it after Christmas. Apart from that, it is a really beautiful model and I'm very pleased to finally have my all time favorite LNWR loco in my collection at last. Apologies for the poor image quality (phone shots).

20211220_123917.jpg

20211220_123926.jpg

20211220_125519.jpg

• Like 1

I understand that the Rails of Sheffield version of “Lucknow” has sold out and they do not intend to do a re run which is a bit disappointing.
Does anyone know of “Hardwick” has sold out at Locomotion?
I already have one example but would consider another but this to convert to full LNWR condition by changing the buffers, lamp irons (London Rd Models do some cast ones) and fill in the washout plugs on the boiler( only fitted in LMS days).

David

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Norton961 said:

the Rails of Sheffield version of “Lucknow” has sold out and they do not intend to do a re run which is a bit disappointing.

If it’s sold out so fast surely another name would be viable though? Did they just say no more Lucknow or no more runs of it in LNWR? 

It says in stock soon so you’d probably need to ask by phone or email 

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/coming-soon/lnwr-improved-precedent-2-4-0-no790-hardwicke.htm

Edited by PaulRhB

Guest Locomotion No. 3
1 hour ago, Norton961 said:

I understand that the Rails of Sheffield version of “Lucknow” has sold out and they do not intend to do a re run which is a bit disappointing.
Does anyone know of “Hardwick” has sold out at Locomotion?
I already have one example but would consider another but this to convert to full LNWR condition by changing the buffers, lamp irons (London Rd Models do some cast ones) and fill in the washout plugs on the boiler( only fitted in LMS days).

David

I can confirm that we still have 'Hardwicke' in stock and available to purchase on-line, mail order or by personal callers to NRM York or Locomotion Shildon.

However, please be aware that we are now entering the Christmas and New Year holiday's so it may be early January before we are able to ship any orders.

In the meantime, have a good Christmas and thank you for your support during 2021. 

Dennis

on behalf of the Locomotion Models team

5 minutes ago, Norton961 said:

When I emailed Rails I asked if they would do a re run of “Lucknow” or another version but they replied that they had no plans. Presumably they need to sell all the LMS versions before thinking about any more. 

David

I would expect another Locomotion Hardwicke (black roof) and the tooling to then go to Bachmann.

That's what normally happens with Bachmann commissions. GNR C1 for example.

Jason