Locomotion Models announce 'Hardwicke' Improved Precedent Class

AY Mod

1 minute ago, Tom Mackie SMG said:

Thanks both @Edwardian & @PeterH i have asked Stuart to contact you @Edwardian around exchange. 

I am sorry this has happened with your models we will review the packaging before shipping your replacements. 

Many thanks indeed. As ever, all's well that ends well with these situations and I certainly appreciate the prompt response.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Mine only had to travel 20 minutes by road from Shildon!*

* though, of course, that might have been via a courier's depot in, say, Edinburgh, for all I know!

It could well be that the final leg of the journey involved small box moving around inside large box - large box not damaged - that caused the 'travel' necessary inside the clam to knock all the bits off.

Although we live over 4 kilometers from Felixstowe Container Port, we occasionally hear what sounds like a container being dropped from a height.  That wouldn't help either. 

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

It could well be that the final leg of the journey involved small box moving around inside large box - large box not damaged - that caused the 'travel' necessary inside the clam to knock all the bits off.

... or even a box of any size bouncing about in a half-empty vehicle being driven by white van man who has nearly finished his rounds.

• RMweb Premium

I dont get puting a box inside a much larger box without padding . Surely you are just creating space for the smaller box to bounce around and cause damage . Its just a general observation , I note the same thing in the W1 thread where its a small box within a big box . Can't figure out why people would do this .

• Agree 3

• Moderators

My understanding is that only a small number of customers (single figures) have been in contact with any issues out of several hundred items shipped so far. Hopefully then these are isolated cases and the initial information may point towards courier handling somewhere along the line.

Locomotion are certainly keen to resolve any issues that arise.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

Although we live over 4 kilometers from Felixstowe Container Port, we occasionally hear what sounds like a container being dropped from a height.  That wouldn't help either. 

How about a container swinging gently from a crane glancing your house - thought the house was about to collapse.

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

My understanding is that only a small number of customers (single figures) have been in contact with any issues out of several hundred items shipped so far. Hopefully then these are isolated cases and the initial information may point towards courier handling somewhere along the line.

Locomotion are certainly keen to resolve any issues that arise.

They’ve been very helpful and efficient. My damaged model has already been collected by UPS.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

I had the message from Locomotion saying they were imminent and that I should soon get an email for the balance.

But haven't received the balance email yet.

I have contacted Locomotion, but not had a reply.

Anyone else in this situation?

Guest Locomotion No. 3
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

I had the message from Locomotion saying they were imminent and that I should soon get an email for the balance.

Newbryford

We will look into this in the morning when the office in Shildon reopens.

I have emailed them and asked them to investigate and to contact you in the morning.

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

Well, all's well that ends well.

In the end I thought it would save everyone a lot of bother if I popped over to Shildon to pick up the replacement. It was a pleasure to see Stuart again and chew the cud however briefly. He was a gracious and helpful host as ever.

So here is the new one:

20211216_000411.jpg.17112a4e46550562b3b323a37944cd2b.jpg

Of course, it would have been rude not to look over the prototype while I was there.

20211215_153539.jpg.5cf15c1a0d37d978130e02f2eb362bdd.jpg

One advantage of the visit was the ability to inspect the replacement in Stuart's 'den'

20211215_151537.jpg.bcd0516b15e6ca0d10fa694effe5400e.jpg

This was just as well, because the first one I was offered was a very exclusive new variant that has not even been announced.  So, here it breaks cover for the first time .....

20211215_151305.jpg.3c11061fc9a22a0f289213b2e6ddef8f.jpg

I would happily have walked away with it, as I plan to use etched plates, but, no, I would not be allowed to leave the premises with such a rare, and hopefully unique, beast.

• Like 9

I must add, the finish on this model is superb.

It really looks like metal. Yes, most of the locomotive is - smokebox/boiler/firebox, splasher and side panels - but the plastic parts, like the dome and the tender, manage to achieve the same finish.  There is artistry in that. Well done Bachmann. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Guest Locomotion No. 3
3 hours ago, JSpencer said:

@Locomotion No. 3 Do we know when those being shipped abroad will be sent? I have had no mail saying it is on the way (though that might be normal) nor any mail from postal service (asking for import duties etc...).

Thanks & Rgds John

I will check with Shildon in the morning for you. Overseas orders were due to follow on from those being sent out by courier.

Some emails for some reason have ended up in recepients junk folders - please check to see if it is there.

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

• RMweb Gold
On 16/12/2021 at 08:44, newbryford said:

They heard you were going to paint it yellow!!!:swoon::jester:

• RMweb Gold

I didn't get the balance request email but a phone call to Tom Mackie soon put that right.  It's a lovely model and mine arrived without damage and ran beautifully out of the box.  Ran it in for 30 minutes each way as advised and then tried to fit decoder.  No problems with getting (tiny) screws out to remove tender body but could not get recommended Bachmann decoder on.  Not sure why and I then bent one of the pins.  Eventually got that straight, still couldn't get the Bachmann chip on but then fitted a Lenz Silver+ decoder and now everything  is  great.

As for fitting etched plates and other accessories the accompanying blurb suggests using PVA based adhesive.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

My model arrived earlier in the week and superb it is. 

What we need now is are re-run but with Hardwick in full LNWR condition ( LNWR lamp irons, no wash out plugs on the boiler and web buffers). 

A limited run from Locomotion of the Coal Tank, fully lined would be nice!

David

3 minutes ago, Norton961 said:

My model arrived earlier in the week and superb it is. 

What we need now is are re-run but with Hardwick in full LNWR condition ( LNWR lamp irons, no wash out plugs on the boiler and web buffers). 

A limited run from Locomotion of the Coal Tank, fully lined would be nice!

David

The only thing being that the Coal Tank isn't a NRM owned Loco it resides on the KWVR and is looked after by the Bahamas Society on behalf of the owners who happen to be "The National Trust "! It has already been produced by Bachmann as 1054 as well.

Edited by johnd

21 minutes ago, johnd said:

The only thing being that the Coal Tank isn't a NRM owned Loco it resides on the KWVR and is looked after by the Bahamas Society on behalf of the owners who happen to be "The National Trust "! It has already been produced by Bachmann as 1054 as well.

But not fully lined?