Aston On Clun. A forgotten Great Western outpost.

MrWolf

4 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Did you say Art, darling?

Indeed luvvie.

Unfortunately for my bank balance, it's not the kind of contemporary conceptual art where the vast majority of the skill and effort goes into the conflated and pretentious back story to the piece.

Besides, I'm sure they're aware that if I were to be awarded the Turner Prize For Bulls***ting, I would spend much of it on trains, ancient motorcycles and shiny things for the memsahib.

• Like 4

That crossing looks good: now you’ve got me wondering if what I thought was a barrow crossing at the Ashbourne end of Alsop’s platform is actually a crossing for the convenience of staff…

I’ll have to check the photos again.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 07:08, KNP said:

Crossing fits in nicely.

Thanks, I'm considering adding another here between the FPL and the level crossing, (not put the lid on the FPL yet) so that goods staff can access the signal box when performing shunting moves.

IMG_20220218_111724.jpg.1af751c4e543d103dff392ab7b191050.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Look make you mind up. Is he odd or not?

It wasn’t talking about that: it was you.

A more interesting question might be, if he is odd, is he a prime example?

Still, there are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Regularity said:

It wasn’t talking about that: it was you.

A more interesting question might be, if he is odd, is he a prime example?

Still, there are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Look first he's odd, then he's not.

So is he evenly odd or oddly odd.

And if he's oddly evenly is that binary or non binary and if he's binary is that odd.

He's still a good modeller what ever he is.

Edited by Winslow Boy
Not enough odd's
  • Funny 1

I was once described as "strangely endearing", which, being a romantic at heart, I prefer to "odd".

Reading through today's posts I am reminded of a question consisting solely of the 23rd, 20th and 6th letters of the alphabet.....:D

It's my own fault, I've been busy working rather than painting bits of plastic and metal to resemble a railway station that almost existed.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

It's been an interesting day, a trip out  with a friend in a rented van that when empty seemed determined to take off and a return journey where despite the weight of a 1962 Harley Davidson in the back, there never seemed to be a point when all four wheels were in contact with the road.

We got back to find the tin roof on one of his sheds was flapping up and down like a cheap toupee on a rollercoaster. 

As a temporary measure whilst we found some big screws and bits of wood to secure it, we tied a length of rope to the end rafter and secured the other end to a Morris Minor engine that happened to be in the way.

By the time everything was secured, I don't think it was possible to get any more wet without actually drowning.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

It's been an interesting day, a trip out  with a friend in a rented van that when empty seemed determined to take off and a return journey where despite the weight of a 1962 Harley Davidson in the back, there never seemed to be a point when all four wheels were in contact with the road.

We got back to find the tin roof on one of his sheds was flapping up and down like a cheap toupee on a rollercoaster. 

As a temporary measure whilst we found some big screws and bits of wood to secure it, we tied a length of rope to the end rafter and secured the other end to a Morris Minor engine that happened to be in the way.

By the time everything was secured, I don't think it was possible to get any more wet without actually drowning.

Funnily enough the neighbour's garage roof ended up looking like a discarded empty can of sardines.........

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

And in other news my 87 year old Father lost much of his greenhouse, slates off the end gable, a side gate and lent his fence over, we found his now empty wheelie bin next door, no idea where this week's bin fodder has gone...

Edited by John Besley
Trypo
  • Friendly/supportive 2

It's a lot of boxes of bits at the moment. There's the makings of at least two engines and all the rare tinwork is present.

I don't know much about postwar Harleys and not much more about the earlier models 

It should look like this in a year or so. It's allegedly an FLHF Super Sport with foot change gears.

62-FLHF.jpg.8a9f94dbd3637f43f72dd47e3259041e.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 10