Aston On Clun. A forgotten Great Western outpost.

MrWolf

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rob.  I think they might be a better option than the gate I made for the field at Chuffnell R.  I'm already replacing some items - my layout might end up a bit like trying to paint the Forth bridge...

• Friendly/supportive 2

I found a white metal gate amongst the junk, but it had a lot of flash and none of the bolt and ironmongery details of the Peco version.

I have had a look at a lot of the laser cut items currently available and rejected those for the same reason.

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Until now it's always been possible for trains to take an unexpected bath from the end of the headshunt.

IMG_20220213_235737.jpg

Sorted, more or less.

IMG_20220215_190434.jpg

I have the tension rods to paint yet.

IMG_20220215_190456.jpg.8ca193194dcaf8264444fa69e43b6df4.jpg

I've managed to get the two buffer stops in the yard to the same stage.

IMG_20220215_190540.jpg.22d69166e114fd67212976f467050738.jpg

So now you've reached the end of the lines with this layout I expect you'll be planning the extension :D

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, Andy WD said:

So now you've reached the end of the lines with this layout I expect you'll be planning the extension :D

Would you believe that one of the intermediate stations and the terminus are already drawn up? 

Though I need another site visit when it's not P-ing with rain to figure out the scenery properly.

I am however, under strict instructions to get this one built first. 

I can always buildt another model railway, I don't think I can replace Miss Riding Hood .:D

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

9 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Would you believe that one of the intermediate stations and the terminus are already drawn up? 

Though I need another site visit when it's not P-ing with rain to figure out the scenery properly.

I am however, under strict instructions to get this one built first. 

I can always buildt another model railway, I don't think I can replace Miss Riding Hood .:D

I seem to recall a discussion about cloning coming up on this thread at some point.

Mind you I'd probably start with something simple first before tackling something complicated like a Miss Riding Hood.

• Funny 2

Have you not seen any science fiction / horror / B movie ever?

Besides, I know what happens to those who pick their hobby over everything else.

They're the ones at exhibitions that smell like a combination of salt and vinegar crisps, baked beans and seaweed.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Graham T said:

This pic seems rather appropriate...

image.png.f76af080d77f5efffc763c4af5897944.png

No No they've done them. He needs something a bit more difficult but not as complicated as a female. Got it he can clone himself. Just think of the advantages if there was more than one Mr Wolf. One could be off on the open road puttering along with Miss Riding Hood riding pinion of course and the other could be tackling the next masterpiece. You know some times I'm just to clever for my own good.

• Funny 1

I refer you to my previous comment: 

On 16/02/2022 at 09:34, MrWolf said:

Have you not seen any science fiction / horror / B movie ever?

Been there, done that, didn't end well...

maxresdefault(0).jpg.cecc32b8d0355e520edb4b61febb8d5d.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

No No they've done them. He needs something a bit more difficult but not as complicated as a female. Got it he can clone himself. Just think of the advantages if there was more than one Mr Wolf. One could be off on the open road puttering along with Miss Riding Hood riding pinion of course and the other could be tackling the next masterpiece. You know some times I'm just to clever for my own good.

I'm reminded of the joke told by the wife of my doctoral supervisor. A lawyer, a doctor, and a physicist are discussing whether it is better to have a wife or a mistress. The lawyer recommends a mistress - no legal ties or obligations. The doctor recommends a wife - someone to look after you when you're ill. The physicist says "No, it's best to have a wife and a mistress. Then the wife thinks you're with the mistress and the mistress thinks you're with the wife, so you can go down the lab and get on with the experiment."

My supervisor sat there nodding - "so true, so true", he said...

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

The physicist says "No, it's best to have a wife and a mistress. Then the wife thinks you're with the mistress and the mistress thinks you're with the wife, so you can go down the lab and get on with the experiment.

All I can add to that is that it's a huge advantage if both have the same first name.

Don't ask me how I know this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 9

4 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

All I can add to that is that it's a huge advantage if both have the same first name.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Also avoid her best friend and her cousin.

Just saying....

PS 

It was an act of revenge. 

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

I'm reminded of the joke told by the wife of my doctoral supervisor. A lawyer, a doctor, and a physicist are discussing whether it is better to have a wife or a mistress. The lawyer recommends a mistress - no legal ties or obligations. The doctor recommends a wife - someone to look after you when you're ill. The physicist says "No, it's best to have a wife and a mistress. Then the wife thinks you're with the mistress and the mistress thinks you're with the wife, so you can go down the lab and get on with the experiment."

My supervisor sat there nodding - "so true, so true", he said...

That sounds like a recipe for losing one, both or having them gang up to seriously **** you up to be honest!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Graham T said:

I was juggling three at one point in my life; it ended up quite messily, as you can imagine.  Not highly recommended!

You really should have watched the Cameron Diaz movie "The other woman" first...

Or, maybe you were the inspiration and are owed enough royalties to go 7mm finescale, DCC, sounds, bells and whistles with the option of whitewall tyres, vynil roof, 8 track player and fuzzy dice?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Back on the layout, many washes and the patented filler / PVA / chinchilla dust / paint mix has been added, followed by the first of many colour washes.

IMG_20220216_111154.jpg.62f974d63c5bcd6ffd58627aac554dbc.jpg

The cattle dock end of the yard fades into a few weeds before returning to tidy permanent way.

IMG_20220216_111327.jpg.fe47f96fdea0b5dd5ec2b76089093d80.jpg

All this is of course distraction from the unparalleled joy that is fitting backscenes, fences and signals...

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2