Aston On Clun. A forgotten Great Western outpost.

MrWolf

3 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I think you need to go more along the lines of "Fatal Attraction"...

If I'm going out that way it better be at the hands of three attractive ladies I have wronged rather than a psychotic bunny boiler. 

I made the mistake with the woman I married. She had some decidedly double standards when it comes to extramarital affairs.

She also didn't like trains.

• Friendly/supportive 4

34 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

That's looking very nice, but I see that the greedy barsteward developers haven't even waited for the line to be closed before putting houses on the track bed.

And I thought I was cynical suggesting that modern image modellers need only fill a 6 X 2 board with RTP houses and call their layout "Old Station Close"....:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

Interesting discussion going on physicsman's thread re backscenes. It might be worthwhile taking a wonder over that's if you can pull yourself away from finding another Miss Riding Hood.

Ps if you do happen to find another of her can I have second dibs on her.:P

5 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Interesting discussion going on physicsman's thread re backscenes. It might be worthwhile taking a wonder over that's if you can pull yourself away from finding another Miss Riding Hood.

Which of his threads is it? I'm only subscribed to one.

I don't need to find another Miss R, I'm quite happy with the one who puts up with me already.

5 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Ps if you do happen to find another of her can I have second dibs on her.:P

Calling dibs isn't likely to endear you to the opposite sex, even if intended as a backhanded compliment or attempt at humour. I think that we may be getting near to the root of your romantic frustrations there....:D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm pretty sure the Luftwaffe didn't have a landing strip at Shipton on Stour...

A very nice looking scene nevertheless Mr W.  You do need to get the backscene in though, it makes quite a difference.  Rather like framing a painting.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Back on the layout, many washes and the patented filler / PVA / chinchilla dust / paint mix has been added, followed by the first of many colour washes.

IMG_20220216_111154.jpg.bff3669191aa3c556ab8d7a95aa55b0f.jpg

The cattle dock end of the yard fades into a few weeds before returning to tidy permanent way.

IMG_20220216_111327.jpg.f67e1bb4513fb2b57f5e4ff0bec60050.jpg

All this is of course distraction from the unparalleled joy that is fitting backscenes, fences and signals...

Very nicely done concrete hard-standing next to the cattle dock :).

It's all starting to look very good indeed.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Graham T said:

I'm pretty sure the Luftwaffe didn't have a landing strip at Shipton on Stour...

A very nice looking scene nevertheless Mr W.  You do need to get the backscene in though, it makes quite a difference.  Rather like framing a painting.

Due to the lack buses and bridges to park them on, the stuka crews have gone off to The Kangaroo at the other end of the village for a stein or two.

They've taken the keys and put the Krook-lok on too, so it's stuck there for now...

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I think it looks OK, but the bit immediately next to the platform might look better as a small step, such as a small paving slab set into the brickwork? This is also quite common.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I have seen similar things or an angle iron rung like an old fashioned tow bar sticking out of the wall.

4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Which of his threads is it? I'm only subscribed to one.

I don't need to find another Miss R, I'm quite happy with the one who puts up with me already.

Calling dibs isn't likely to endear you to the opposite sex, even if intended as a backhanded compliment or attempt at humour. I think that we may be getting near to the root of your romantic frustrations there....:D

Well I don't quite know how to take that. I feel as if I've been insulted whilst being complimented at the same time. You do realise that this will take years of therapy to resolve. I may have to go and lie down in a darkened room.:fool_mini:

Whilst I do that you could try glorious steam diorama 1. 

• RMweb Gold

A nice example at Corfe Castle:

Corfe-railway-5.jpg.b76f5e4e102d1ac52086d256096342b5.jpg

Notice the little step in the side of the platform face.

This one is probably a short cut for the signalman? Same principle.

Edited by GWR57xx
restore images
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3