The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The hand of God knocks one last time.......

gordon s

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Apart from being a dirty cheat* probably the best player in the world at one point. Certainly of my generation.

He only did what any other footballer would have done in the circumstances.

DT

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Torper said:

DT

Cant be any worse than all the falling over play acting and crying that takes place every weekend in the football league.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Edwin_m said:

I was expecting a thread on nudging a stubborn model that refused to move...

I know and care zip about footie, but instantly knew who this must be about. Such is the power of the media where quotes are concerned. And so Gordon's title said it all for me. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Torper said:

DT

I disagree. Pelé wouldn't have, or Stanley Matthews, or Eusébio, or Gary Lineker, and I don't think even Christiano Ronaldo (whom I'm no fan of) would either. True greats are great because they don't cheat, or need to.

Good riddance I say.

What should've happened in 'that' match, though, even with that dubious goal, was that Bobby Robson should've put sub John Barnes on earlier. In the 10 minutes he was on, he opened up the Argentine wing at least twice, and put over crosses that Gary Lineker just failed to make contact with. If he'd had more time, another couple of those crosses could've turned that match.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

A certain talent RIP.

Unfortunately never a fan especially after the World Cup debacle!

One outstanding thing I always remember from the aftermath was a giant billboard advert (can’t remember the ad content) of Maradona in full flight and contact with arm on the ‘hand of god’ ball moment!

It was mounted on a full house side board very close to our school (I’m guessing winter 86/87), a snow ‘white out’ morning ended in a school closure and the majority of the school myself included descended on the advert, around a thousand snowballs later and poor old Maradona was obliterated!

The cold snap lasted several days and I don’t think the advertising company quite got the distributed message across to the intended audience!

So

Maradonna is standing at the Pearly Gates awaiting admittance, and here comes God with one of his gloves for a try on...

(Meanwhile, Lucifer is standing off to one side, sniggering.  He knows how its going to go down)

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3