Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

26 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I think the race is well set up to be interesting, and Lando, starting a well-earned third, has said he isn't expecting to interfere with the title fight. 

Does not interfering also include not going for the fastest lap, as it was possible Alonso could have done last weekend...? 

Edit: I've had a look at the points and can't see a scenario where that would affect a full race. A half race, however....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 298 said:

Does not interfering also include not going for the fastest lap, as it was possible Alonso could have done last weekend...? 

Edit: I've had a look at the points and can't see a scenario where that would affect a full race. A half race, however....

It could affect a full race if Lewis and Max finish far enough down the order that the difference between their positions is one point.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

MV is also potentially compromised on tyre choice, flat spotting on mediums caused a change to softs and it means LH will be finishing on softs.

I expect they’ll be going to hards; hence the medium being preferred. Max will be forced into an earlier stop and a longer stint on the hard, whilst Lewis will be able to go longer before swapping. If it was soft -> medium versus medium -> soft I think it would be much less significant. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, njee20 said:

I expect they’ll be going to hards; hence the medium being preferred. Max will be forced into an earlier stop and a longer stint on the hard, whilst Lewis will be able to go longer before swapping. If it was soft -> medium versus medium -> soft I think it would be much less significant. 

Red bull 2 stop Vs Mercedes 1 stop?

Seems probable.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Maz out.

Mazepin to miss Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after positive Covid test

https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/12/mazepin-to-miss-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-after-positive-covid-test/

That will give the Red Bull strategists some work, the risk of a red flag to get a free tyre change has just reduced dramatically 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Maz out.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/12/mazepin-to-miss-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-after-positive-covid-test/

Is it churlish of me to “like” that post?

Reasons to be cheerful, part 1: We’ve got through the season with Mazepin endangering another driver.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, njee20 said:

LH is noted for being able to look after his tyres.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Maz out.

I wouldn't wish COVID on anyone, but that said, race may well be safer without his slower car.

• Agree 2