RevolutioN Trains Announce First Locomotive in OO Gauge the Class 93

sc2016

• RMweb Gold

No scary scenario involved.  These are LTO batteries, not Lithium-ion (Li-ion) which are the ones more commonly associated with fire. LTO batteries are known as the safest of the lithium batteries, but there is extensive fire protection around the battery area as a safeguard.  But LTO have been used on light rail vehicles for a while, as they are fast charging and also have a longer cycle life that Li-ion, LTO are used on the West Midlands trams and the Merseyrail 777s.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

That's very interesting, because there have been a few news stories of commuter buses bursting into flames in the Uk and round Europe...perhaps not using the same Lithium technology one assumes?

Edited by letterspider

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, letterspider said:

That's very interesting, because there have been a few promonent news stories of commuter buses bursting into flames in the Uk and round Europe...perhaps not using the same Lithium technology one assumes?

But oddly enough no news stories of all the diesel powered buses going on fire that happens just as often (if not more so).

19 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

I’m not sure what buses have to do with this thread, and the model won’t have any batteries in it. 

Cheers

Ben A.

Nothing really, just twiddling my thumbs until the order book opens...👍

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

It’ll be monomode!

cheers

Ben A.

Trimode, AC/DC/sound

-

(DCC/DC/DCC sound)

:D

Edited by Brian-1c
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2024 at 21:05, XChris said:

unfortunately we don’t have any 125+mph capable locos, probably because we don’t make Co-Co locos anymore.

Err; Britain has quite a few 125mph capable locos actually (although none which are available for starting a new long-term operation) and only one of them (89001) is Co-Co. The 91s and 43s are of course Bo-Bo machines.

On 23/03/2024 at 08:47, Rhydgaled said:

Err; Britain has quite a few 125mph capable locos actually (although none which are available for starting a new long-term operation) and only one of them (89001) is Co-Co. The 91s and 43s are of course Bo-Bo machines.

I’m sorry, My point was that there isn’t a 125 capable fleet being developed or available right now for an operator. I’m well aware of those you’ve quoted but good luck with keeping any of those options in service for more than 15 years.

On 23/03/2024 at 09:19, ruggedpeak said:

Class 67's are 125 mph capable are they not, plenty of them around for use?

Capable yes, allowed no. They are currently a max speed 110mph due to track wear issues AFAIK.

• RMweb Gold
On 23/03/2024 at 08:47, Rhydgaled said:

Theres a bit of a shortage of 125mph capable loco hauled rolling stock though.

• Agree 1