RevolutioN Trains Announce First Locomotive in OO Gauge the Class 93

sc2016

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, newbryford said:

Looks more like a multiple unit body than a loco!

Edit: in fact, passing the crashworthiness tests with that much glass on the front must have been a challenge. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Edit: in fact, passing the crashworthiness tests with that much glass on the front must have been a challenge. 

Looks like there's a lot of metal behind the cosmetic bits.

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2022/07/production-of-class-93-locomotive-fleet-reaches-significant-milestone.html

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

ROG have posted an image of 93001 on their website.  It is currently undergoing testing at Stadler's Valencia plant but is expected in the UK within the next few weeks.

https://railopsgroup.co.uk/news/

What the photo doesn't show is that unlike the images previously released the locomotives are being shipped with yellow front end warning panels.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen a front end image of the new loco I just wondered how much (if any) does it present a tooling challenge? 

Will the Dellner, buckeye(?) and screw couplings be provided as extras for the modeller to add? 

It’ll be interesting to see if they run in service with everything attached, as a driver myself I actually find the front quite ‘busy’.

Regardless, it’s great to see new traction and technical advancements being made.

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Although we have had plenty of information/drawings etc from Stadler we haven't seen the real thing in the flesh ourselves yet; decisions about how the models will be configured for delivery are yet to be finalised.

In general we try to leave the customer as little to do as possible, but it is clear from photographs that an undeployed Dellner will foul the tension-lock coupler, so I suspect we will end up with some kind of switchable solution for flexibility.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, letterspider said:

There's something about the front of that Class 93...I can't put my finger on it...

image.png.d481ab33afdd9c7a7cc78b4b6654bf44.png

You may have just found their nickname, "The Engineers"

16 minutes ago, letterspider said:

There's something about the front of that Class 93...I can't put my finger on it...

image.png.d481ab33afdd9c7a7cc78b4b6654bf44.png

Are you sure it's not this 🤭

image.png.f8fed7806ba355cb864aaed09ba199a6.png

These have the Dellners facing upwards out of use, unlike the droopy ones on the class 69.

• Funny 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 28/06/2023 at 18:41, MRDBLUE17 said:

I think it looks smart in that green livery. Will look forward to seeing the model development. 

Cheers

Mark

I agree. Would you call that GSYP?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam1701D said:

Just glad I'm not doing the artwork for these beasties! 😀

If I designed the Class 93's. I would make them look more like a mix of a Class 92 and an ALC-42 at the front ends. If Stadler wants a designer, I would be happy to help them out and I have designed some pretty looking locomotives as concepts 😉