Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

Without going into detail I would say there are people more in the know than us mere modellers who can see that perhaps SLW need to address how they fulfil their orders.

I can see how some people are prepared to wait because they have confidence that the item will arrive and will have been thoroughly checked beforehand.  But the success and feedback of the class 24 has elevated demand for SLW products and that will include a good many people with little or no experience of the people behind the product.  So I can understand there may be tension amongst some people who’ve paid for their product and have no idea when that product will be delivered.

Rather than insult people and drive them away, posters need to consider how they might encourage those concerned not to worry otherwise you’re just creating animosity that will ultimately be directed towards SLW.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I'm just going with the flow, with 3 on order and I'll wait. One of them is this little beauty from when I got into railways properly in the 80s. "A 99 and a Strawberry Mivvi, please!"

image.png.ce7915cb0515cbc9c1b1013cd86816af.png

Until then I have the second loco that I worked on during the pandemic when I got back into modelling - a Bachmann 25 with Hornby cabs.

0029.JPG.4b450ff36a271a4be05592fdda9fbf81.JPG

It's a bit rough at close quarters, but when the new one arrives it will get stripped and resprayed into banger blue. I've improved a lot since then through working on lots of detailings and kitbashes like this and learning all along.

Here it is with some friends. The Heljan one at the back isn't too bad at all so may pick up one from the second batch to tide me over. I'll be able to do a similar scene with all banger blue 25s when the others arrive.

0030.JPG.f446aebd55b26b1514142c3849067768.JPG

Edited by 97406
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, woodenhead said:

So I can understand there may be tension amongst some people who’ve paid for their product and have no idea when that product will be delivered.

???????

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

???????

Ok I was under the impression some had paid and were still awaiting delivery, if thats not the case fine, but the other comments still stand about not insulting people.

• Like 2

Just wondering if anybody has got pictures of the excellent SLW Class 25's? It would bee great to see some, whilst I wait patiently for mine! Many thanks Chris 

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Chrisjh said:

Just wondering if anybody has got pictures of the excellent SLW Class 25's? It would bee great to see some, whilst I wait patiently for mine! Many thanks Chris 

Mine is all packed up ready for a trip out on Penmaenbach at the Cheltenham Show this weekend - I will try for some fots then - it is a bit clean though....

ChrisH

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 97406 said:

Of course, I expect the sound package to include ice cream van chimes, too. 

You should have been at York.....just saying...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

Sounds like I might be in for a treat! 

Yes you are,and if you think the 24 sounds good,wait until you hear this,one of the best sound files I've ever heard. 

Rob

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Chrisjh said:

How about these…

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ChrisMitchell said:

How about these…

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg

Superb nice picture of the Class 24 and Class 25! Just slightly confused have many of these Class 25 models being released now? Many thanks Chris 

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Railpassion said:

I think there's a large number of variations in the 25s, unlike the few types of 24 first issued.  I thunk that's the problem when sending and checking each order.

Having chatted to Mr S at York I am confident he knows his stuff....in detail....

1 hour ago, Chrisjh said:

Superb nice picture of the Class 24 and Class 25! Just slightly confused have many of these Class 25 models being released now? Many thanks Chris 

I should clarify that both of these models have been renumbered and the overhead warning flashes changed compared to the standard products.  The eagle-eyed will also notice the sandboxes on 24035 have been swapped to the later Class 25 style (courtesy of the excellent customer service Phil provides)

Chris

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

Having chatted to Mr S at York I am confident he knows his stuff....in detail....

Yes, I spoke to him at York and he told me the sheer number of different types made everything more time consuming. 

He's a stickler for detail, I agree and I'm delighted with my class 24. 

Very tempted to order a 25 in blue. 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 21:57, Gilbert said:

Had a chat with him today, he does know his stuff and is always open to input regarding his models.

He said he was pleased by all the comments he received at York and said the team ( the two of them ) are hard at work dealing with all the orders.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Phil Bullock said:

Was doing a great job on the shunt turn… 

Pretty much all day .....................the other operators were very unhappy if I suggested a change......

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, zr2498 said:

I think these RATS should have had a stay alive fitted 😪

image.png.3d3a3bd13601073377ef1bb0ea88263d.png

my kitten was playing with a dead rat in the neighbours garden yesterday. when I went round to collect it the neighbours were horrified. "i didn't know we have rats!". "You don't anymore", I said.

Edit: its surprisingly difficult to flip a dead rat into a bin liner.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

Drat i passed  on going.

Hopefully your do a repeat showing  at Cheltenham in October 36-27 ?

PMB will be only out at Portsmouth in November  but the Rat will also be in use on Cropper Street at SWAG (28.4), Stowrail (19.5) and Ross on Wye - 17-18. 8.)

• Like 2