Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

39 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

I am hoping there’s no problem with the sound versions?Its been along time coming just getting paranoid I guess!!!

Ive been wondering the same thing 🤔

• RMweb Gold
Just now, mallaig1983 said:

Ive been wondering the same thing 🤔

I think we just need to remember they are a very small outfit dealing with what appears to be a very popular product. When it arrives it will be absolutely fine I'm sure. I'm just a previously satisfied customer FWIW.

Chris H

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Mark Forrest said:

I had a call this week to update my card number and confirm address (for a P4 wheeled and sound fitted 25324)

That gives Me some Peace!know they are excellent at customer service & go the extra mile!Its just seems more irritating the nearer we get due to the unforeseen delays!

Edited by Davidjsmith
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Everything you say is spot on, however I don't remember this sort of timescale when the 24s were delivered. As @Mark Forrest says he has just given info', that does include a sound fitted model, but it could be a few weeks until delivery. I have not heard a anything as yet, so does that mean it will be March or April or May? If the spread of deliveries is over Q1 and Q2 / 24 it might help to get a better definition of 'a few good weeks' . A simple news letter would help as we are approaching 2 months since they landed.

It wouldn't surprise me if this batch is an order of magnitude bigger than the 24's.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, E100 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if this batch is an order of magnitude bigger than the 24's.

I have no idea on the numbers that have been produced, but I did notice that the ones I have ordered have 5 digit order numbers, which might provide an indication of the quantities SLW are dealing with.

• Informative/Useful 1

31 minutes ago, ChrisMitchell said:

I have no idea on the numbers that have been produced, but I did notice that the ones I have ordered have 5 digit order numbers, which might provide an indication of the quantities SLW are dealing with.

SLW have been going for a good few years now so a lot of those 5 digits will relate to the various Class 24 releases and there have been a good few batches of those

Just had a running session and runs sweet currently non DCC but will eventually get there (had a Roco z21 3 years now 🙄) but not sure I can go sound as I like the clackety clack as it is on DC 🤷‍♂️

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, GordonC said:

Something just looks absolutely spot on about it that the Heljan just doesn't seem to have

The Heljan one is quite good, but the 2 windscreen dividers/pillars on the can front are a little on the vertical side rather than being raked back like the can sides. Also the yellow over the top of the windscreens is a little too narrow, but that has been rectified on the second batch. It’s a shame for Heljan that the SLW one and the new Bachmann one are in the offing as it would be the best model of the 25 yet without the other two.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Chris56057 said:

Very impressed with my first SLW product, it truly is a stunning model and worth the wait.

IMG-20240221-WA0013.jpeg.7be5db37bc9364afb2c3e619b48f62df.jpeg

I'm also VERY impressed with my first SLW purchase. Runs really nicely and the first one that for me just looks like a proper rat.

I'm rather looking forward to having a go at weathering this, might attempt to make the ploughs look a little thinner but there doesn't seem much to do!

Only a minor niggle is on first inspection the EM wheelsets look just like the OO wheelsets but on a longer axle. So the wheel itself is a bit wide/thick but I'm going to check dimensions are ok sometime soon before fitting.

• Like 4

Hi all

Just to prove that some SLW rats have escaped from captivity of the display stand, here is 25321, one of my initial pair standing atop a short rake of TTA tank wagons at Ashton Longslade, my fairly new mini-layout. As per usual with SLW models the loco comes with dummy couplings and all pipework pre-attached, in this case including miniature snowploughs. The ploughs are easily removed by undoing two screws behind the buffer beam at each end, but do replace them as they also hold the buffer beams in place! Oh, the method of removing the headcode glazing using sticky tape was tried and it works perfectly for me.

20240209_162219.jpg.313b7caca83e183c5aacc1b5623d89be.jpg

The photo in no way does justice to the model I have to admit. Suffice it to say I'm really excited for the release of the earlier body style as that was my personal favourite 😍 

Kevin

Edited by apollo 079
Typos
  • Like 9