RMweb

Covid - coming out of Lockdown 3 - no politics, less opinion and more facts and information.

AY Mod

5 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

Any chance of her being sent by Hermes parcel carrier service?

That way, she’d get lost in a sorting-hub in Calais, and never be seen again.

Or end up in your wheelie bin !!

Brit15

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

The wife and I were discussing what the cheapest funeral you could arrange was and I went with Hermes.

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

I've had an interesting e-mail this morning from Premier Inn regarding an upcoming booking. Amongst all the usual welcome stuff was this bit:

To help protect other guests and our team members, you must wear a face covering in all public areas around the hotel and restaurant – except when seated for a meal. (Their bold)

It looks like business is stepping in where the government is backing away from anti-virus measures.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Hobby said:

Just don't send her back!

BTW:

“If you want to do that, pack your bongo and get out of the country,” he told the ABC’s Insiders program on Sunday.

Why would you want to pack an antelope, and wouldn't it be painful for the poor beastie?!

Or more pertinently for this forum, why did she take a B1 to Australia in the first place :-)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Neil said:

I've had an interesting e-mail this morning from Premier Inn regarding an upcoming booking. Amongst all the usual welcome stuff was this bit:

To help protect other guests and our team members, you must wear a face covering in all public areas around the hotel and restaurant – except when seated for a meal. (Their bold)

It looks like business is stepping in where the government is backing away from anti-virus measures.

I think you’ll find this is almost universally the case atm. It can however produce some almost farcical situations when queuing at the breakfast bar for your fruit & cereal then full English or whatever takes your fancy…on/off/on/off/shake it all about as we pirouette around the tables with laden plates and mask steamed specs. Then duck back for more.

No joke.Happened to me last weekend at a very good modern hotel in Liverpool. A “social distancing “ farce.

24 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

I think you’ll find this is almost universally the case atm. It can however produce some almost farcical situations when queuing at the breakfast bar for your fruit & cereal then full English or whatever takes your fancy…on/off/on/off/shake it all about as we pirouette around the tables with laden plates and mask steamed specs. Then duck back for more.

No joke.Happened to me last weekend at a very good modern hotel in Liverpool. A “social distancing “ farce.

Me & Mrs Rivercider have been lucky to have 2 hotel breaks already, staying at places we knew well. Although there were various extra requirements, (and some places were off limits) at both hotels the staff and fellow guests acted with courtesy and common sense. We thoroughly enjoyed both stays, so it can be done.

cheers

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Nearholmer said:

Oy! Wot has France done to deserve that? 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Oy! Wot has France done to deserve that? 

Oh, I dunno. Can you picture her stuck in Sangatte seeking cooperation to jump on a truck?

3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Britain could have played a mean trick on Australia, and revoked her citizenship (Under Section 40(2) of the British Nationality Act,1981. That is, If the government decided to once again ignore the "unless rendering them stateless" provision of the act). Then you would have been stuck with her.

Edited by rocor
Missing words.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

We have our own nutters but she seems next level.

Is Rita Ora still over there with you all? If so;

3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Perhaps it can be arranged for them to share transportation? Neither should complain about adjoining seats.....

• Like 1

I think...[occasionally]......that Australia was the first place the pilot could think of, just to get her off the plane?

[Did the airport provide steps? 

Or was she just ejected? [ Quick, shut the door before she realises]...

MAbe they waited until she'd gone to the toilet, then landed in the nearest place before she realised.... A  bit of sleight of hand, and she'd have been out of the door toot sweet?

Edited by alastairq
  • Funny 3

9 minutes ago, alastairq said:

Here's hoping the first flight out isn't coming to the UK, then?

Can't the government put in place one of her suggestions?

Ban undesirables from entry to our country!

21 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

The quoted policy was from Premier Inn.

I stayed at 2 of their hotels 3-4 weeks ago. You don't help yourself to buffet right now; they take your order & get it for you.

I do have my own assessment on when to wear a face covering though.

In restaurants & bars, we usually spend a significant amount of time without a face covering to eat or drink. I therefore consider these as a high contact area, so a face covering is of lesser benefit.

I expect that starting today, some will try to "catch up on they've been missing" but I will be a bit more choosy about when I will go to these places.

In shops or on public transport, there is no need to remove the face covering, so these places can be turned from high to medium contact areas by wearing one. We don't usually spend very long in a shop, maybe less time than it takes for a covering to become irritating.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jcm@gwr said:

Can't the government put in place one of her suggestions?

Ban undesirables from entry to our country!

or send her to the island the aussies use for asylum seekers - I'm sure she'd love to get to know some of the inhabitants...

Went to Asda, Sainsburys and Aldi this morning before work.

Asda surprisingly full of mask wearers - perhaps those that don't like them aren't up before nine, Sainsburys full of masks as guided and Aldi, left to our choice but full of mask wearers.

So people seem to be wearing them still, as was I.  I did want to give them up, but finding it hard and if they are asking me to I am not going to refuse.

• RMweb Gold

The only problem I have with wearing a mask is if I have to do it for an extended period. Up to about an hour is OK but it gets a bit irritating after that.

Fortunately, very little I do exceeds that so I'll be sticking with them u.f.n. I have industrial grade ones in reserve if I find myself in evidently irresponsible company or on a longer-than-usual train journey. They have a rather post-apocalyptic look about them:devil: but have clearly been designed with extended use in mind and are more comfortable that the usual blue jobs.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling