Railex 2011

David Bigcheeseplant

Only a few weeks to go, and discounted advanced postal tickets are still available for the next few days.

Further to my previous post the new access road will not be open this year, the road is there but there are gates across the end until they finish the houses they are building.

We still do not know what overspill parking we can use in the hospital grounds, so please consider (unless you have walking difficulties) parking in the Friarscroft car park to the rear of Morrison’s and close to the station, and use our free vintage bus to Railex and return. As can be seen on the timetable above the bus links in with the arrival and departure of the trains too.

My other half Viki will be on the bus on Saturday dressed up with in a appropriate clippy outfit including, hat, bag and ticket machine trying to sell you programmes!

David

Preparation work for the show doesn't just go on in Buckinghamshire!

We spent yesterday giving New Hey a good fettling for the show, taking advantage of the brilliant weather to put part of it up and do some maintenance work. The first time its been out on the front lawn :lol:

Now ready for packing into a LWB van and heading doown the M6 / M40 in four weeks time

(dont worry David, we aren't bringing the play boat as well!)

post-6679-0-60696800-1304256175_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-03049800-1304256208_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-33055300-1304256237_thumb.jpg

....The School itself really does not want to play ball since a new headmaster and business manager took over last year, they would only allow us a few places on the playground and not on the field and charge us a really high price for each car parked, we are not the only who have walked away from their demands, in fact I do not think any one from the stadium uses it now as a car park.

A sign that the School wants to go "upmarket" by excluding the hoi-polloi?

I parked in the hospital area last year, like a lot of other attendees.

Looking at that plan - some of those aisles are going to be crowded especially around the 55-59's and 32-35's

A bit puzzled by the colour coding / shading eg 32 and 35 ?

also AG's stand is tiny this year and always clogs up the gangways with punters (especially as show appearances are so rare) with it at the doorway this might be fun!

I can imagine that sorting it all out to keep everyone happy and fit it all in (it somehow looks even busier than normal) is a real nightmare.

Still, now we have a plan we have no excuse for not finding anything.

The plan is not really to scale the boxes have been stretched to omit the access points, gangways are 10 feet or three metres wide, Alan gibson stand is the same size as last year, with the curved front of East Dean there is plenty of space by the entrance.

The shading is the following light grey traders, mid grey societies and dark grey layouts, the plan was drawn for the programme hopefully I will update it later on here in full colour.

David

Still, now we have a plan we have no excuse for not finding anything.

At least there is a plan, as my local (major :lol: :lol: ) show the traders were arriving and the stand layout was still been done.

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear. It looks like an even worse journey than usual by train from London Marylebone on the Saturday.

Usually it is the promotion play offs during the weekend of the show (with the likes of Millwall). But in terms of crowd numbers they will pale in-to total insignificance compared to this.

You have been warned Marylebone will be road blocked!

(In complete contrast to the pictures on the http://www.rmweb.co....-city-terminus/ thread).

Sunday may be a better option (subject to engineering works that is).

I have just looked on the Wembley Stadium website and the kick off is not until 7.45pm with the gates opening until 4.30pm so I would think that an early start and return to Marylebone would avoid the worst of the supporters but I wouldn't hang around in that corner of

London as the pubs will probably be shut.:cry:

Cheers

SS

I have just looked on the Wembley Stadium website and the kick off is not until 7.45pm with the gates opening until 4.30pm so I would think that an early start and return to Marylebone would avoid the worst of the supporters but I wouldn't hang around in that corner of

London as the pubs will probably be shut.:cry:

Cheers

SS

Just to advise that it is the Champions League final being played that Saturday evening, featuring Barcalona v Man Utd and not the play off finals, so probably a lot of Spaniards wandering around, as well as Man Utd fans.

Colin

I have just read the lastest Hornby Magizine, and they have given us a nice Railex show preview, although a couple of things are wrong in the text that they have printed that there are eighteen layouts there are twenty(21 is you count Paul Bambricks Whitchurch Road that is part of his demo)

Secondly the free vintage bus will run from Aylesbury railway station to Railex and not Princes Risborough as stated in the text, I am not too sure why there was a mix up as the supplied info was correct when it left us!

David

....also AG's stand is tiny this year and always clogs up the gangways with punters (especially as show appearances are so rare) with it at the doorway ....

He has to be near the doorway in order to have any hope of getting reception for his Chip-and-PIN machine! It was so bad last year, that we had to walk outside the building so that I could pay him! :lol:

He has to be near the doorway in order to have any hope of getting reception for his Chip-and-PIN machine! It was so bad last year, that we had to walk outside the building so that I could pay him! :lol:

That is the only downside to RAILEX the metal cage that has been used for the building seems to have that effect on all the traders there.

But I'm sure they will be only too happy to accept cash.

That is the only downside to RAILEX the metal cage that has been used for the building seems to have that effect on all the traders there.

But I'm sure they will be only too happy to accept cash.

Some areas of the stadium are fine, but Alan Gibson wanted the same spot this year, but I am sure he kept popping out to the ice cream van!

David

The leisure centre used for EM North is the worst for that, the traders are usually to be found outside the front entrance!

Looking forward to another good show anyway and im not too worried about the machines now working as there is no money on my card to buy anything anyway!

Cool, what a great weekend that's going to be - Railex on Saturday, then come home to watch the F1 qualifying on the red button, and in the evening watch the Champions League final. On the Sunday watch the F1 race, and then there's still the Monday bank holiday as well.

B)

Due to an operation Pete at Intercity Models has had to pull out of Railex this year, I will update on a replacent trader as soon as they confirm.

Remember you can buy tickets for Railex from the stadium ticket deck from 9.00am maybe earlier, then buy a breakfast and sit on the viewing area seats on the balcony until the doors open on Saturday at 10.30am and Sunday at 10.00

The first bus leaves the railway station on Saturday at 10.00 and gets to the stadium at 10.10

David

We have booked a trip from Holland and hope to be in Aylesbury on the Saturday. This is the second time we will be there because we really enjoyed the show the first time.

Leen.

We have booked a trip from Holland and hope to be in Aylesbury on the Saturday. This is the second time we will be there because we really enjoyed the show the first time.

Leen.

That's dedication, we have noticed in the past a number of visitors in the past who have travelled a long way to visit Railex, I think our car park stewards saw you last time you came as they normally ask how far people have come and the reply was Holland then!

I know we have had visitors from Canada, New Zealand, South Africa in the past but this was normally because they were here on holiday.

David

I'm getting excited about dusting down Dduallt for its first appearance since Warley 2009.

Lots of brand new one-off stock getting a first public showing including 'Lyd', the KMX tamper and the unique 'Cherry Picker' S&T aeriel platform wagon.

Look forward to meeting RM Web members over the weekend.

Rob

Archived