Railex 2011

David Bigcheeseplant

The main article about Borchester Market appeared in the September 1980 edition of Model Railways. It also appeared in a BRM annual a few years back and more recently in Model Rail magazine. It's next scheduled outing is at the Seaford show in November and then ModelRail Scotland next year. It you want any further info just come back.

Reference to copyright infringement removed

Now that Railex is over for another year, does anyone have photos or videos of Railex 2011 we can use as a retrospective on our website?

David

If 2011 is history, can you hurry up and open the 2012 thread please?

Now that Railex is over for another year, does anyone have photos or videos of Railex 2011 we can use as a retrospective on our website?

David

You're welcome to use any of the photos I included in this post http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/16292-railex-2011/page__view__findpost__p__407104 , PM me if you'd like the link to the higher resolution versions. I'm also happy for you to use any of the videos I have uploaded of Railex - they are on Vimeo at http://vimeo.com/paulburkittgray/videos and Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/paulburkittgray?feature=mhee . My twelve minute overall video from Railex is on Vimeo http://vimeo.com/24391245 or Youtube

. I'll be uploading more videos of individual layouts over the next couple of weeks.

Paul

Will this be subject to a random ballot like the Olumpic ticket-buying process? :lol:

Dunno about a ballot but 2011 had a similar effect on my bank balance as winning a plethora of tickets would have done.

Borechester Market and thank you for quoting my pictutre

This is the first time I've seen it and I really love the layout and low relief work near the station. I'm assuming the single line that runs off over the viaduct is a branch line or something?

Yes it's called the colliery line but it also goes to an industrial estate, hence the vans and oil tankers that were sometimes seen creeping around there. What you didn't see at Railex was another backscene on the right hand side, this shows the mine workings behind the industrial estate, it also shows some power station cooling towers, a reason for some more coal traffic. It's a bit fragile so is not being currently being shown with the layout.

Hello

After Railex this year we have a small number of Lost Property items that were discovered.

If you think you may have left something at Railex please PM David Bigcheeseplant or myself.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Borchester can be seen in the below back issues in colour, with photos taken in October 2008 (by me)

Model Rail (issue 126) Jan 2009

Model Rail (issue 128) March 2009

Damn, only started buying Model Rail from March 2009. At least ive got half of it!

• RMweb Premium

If 2011 is history, can you hurry up and open the 2012 thread please?

2012 is too far away. Can we have a poll for Railex twice a year - October sounds nice.... :)

Brian

2012 is too far away. Can we have a poll for Railex twice a year - October sounds nice.... :)

Brian

Once a year is enough for me, and even that comes round too quick!

We do run our local show in Risborough in Feburary and have open day at our clubroom in October, and tonight we have a new members evening so if you are interested in what we get up to as a club then pop along to the Carrinton Room at The Risborough Community Centre tonight from 7.30pm, we should have some boards from Aylesbury Town, Okehampton and Rannock Junction projects up.

David

TIC (Tongue in cheek)

Now the Nettlebridge Valley Railway - the model, where can I find out any more information, illustrations etc., - Google doesn't bring up that much.

Penlan,

The Nettlebridge Valley Railway is jointly owned by Neil Kinison (ZTC Contolls) and Steve Chawner-Menell.

The layout is housed in Somerset, and does not get out that often due to its size - from memory 38 feet long, along with an operating team of 6.

The two stations are Edford owned by NK, with the colliery exchange sidings which has been around for 20 years(?) and Great Elm which is Steves.

The layout is set pre 1WW.

Gordon A

Bristol

.......The layout is ........... 38 feet long, along with an operating team of 6............... The layout is set pre 1WW.

38', makes my Penlan (the layout) 31' long a small one then, almost a plank - it just fits in the loft conversion - we have an operating team of 4 now, but the 3 others only participate at exhibitions (they come up/over from Cardiff) I have to do all the movement and van loading in Cornwall by myself.

It was the pre- WW1 stock that caught my eye, I shall have to keep an eye out for it's next exhibition.

Many thanks for the info.

• RMweb Gold

38', makes my Penlan (the layout) 31' long a small one then, almost a plank - it just fits in the loft conversion - we have an operating team of 4 now, but the 3 others only participate at exhibitions (they come up/over from Cardiff) I have to do all the movement and van loading in Cornwall by myself.

It was the pre- WW1 stock that caught my eye, I shall have to keep an eye out for it's next exhibition.

Many thanks for the info.

Wigan 2012 is Nettlebridge Valley's next outing I think.

Jerry

Wigan 2012 is Nettlebridge Valley's next outing I think.

Agggghhhhh, I'm in a dilemma, I was booked there too when I thought it would be in Dec., they are moving forward to June in 2012, travelling from west Cornwall in June to Wigan is not the best game plan, last weekend we took 6 hours from PZ to the Severn Toll Bridge going to Cardiff... and we look after holiday lets etc., too angry.gif

I have had a couple of enquires asking if I am anything to do with Midland Railex or North Eastern Railex, needless to say I our show has nothing to do with any other show with a Railex name, once a year is really enough for me on organizing a show, I wish the other shows well but they are nothing to do with me.

Anyway in the next few weeks I hope to start a thread on next years show Railex as held at Stoke Mandeville Stadium in Aylesbury, but at this time of year I just like to take a break and relax for a month or so before it all starts again for next years show.

David

Archived