Railex 2011

David Bigcheeseplant

Yep, it should be rather entertaining to make loud noices around Craig on the Sunday, assuming he makes it to the show for opening of course! :lol: I'm already accepting donations towards his drinks on Sat night! Theoretically, dosn't this mean you have to treat us all to cakes Craig!!!! :D B)

I'll be there all weekend on Sheep Pasture with Barrow Road, Killybegs and MLGilbert30 of this parish. Hopefully the pubs should have plenty beer on tap, the hotels and pubs at some of the recent shows have been rather suprised when a group of railway modellers have drunk their bar dry, see you all there!

Best Wishes

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Given I don't know any of you...I shall be there on saturday.

Big, Fat,Bald,Bearded and wearing glasses with flipup sunnies.

I need the specs to see.. :laugh:

Possibly with a backpack on back and Camera around the neck.

I would be pleased if you think you recognise me from the description above,to say hi.

Khris

(Australia)

Khris,

You won't stand out from the crowd with that description as it fits about 75% of those attending :laugh: :laugh:

I'll look out for you on Saturday

Regards

Richard

I can visualise a few sore heads on the Sunday am; the pub Mr BigCheeseplant has organized is a superb free house with a huge selection of micro-brewed ales and some proper cider - a real drinkers' pub! I'm wondering if I should set up shop selling analgesics and vitamin C depth charges for Sunday....

Really looking forward to exhibiting again at the show, always a great experience whether punter or exhibitor.

• RMweb Gold

Just keep it down around the P4 and 2mm areas, the youth section might be feeling the effects :P

I don't know, youngsters today, no stamina. Now when I was a lad............ :dancer:

Be interesting to see the condition of Pixie and Bryn on sunday - they are helping me out on Highbury in the 2mm zone for the weekend.

should be fun, Jerry

In respect of Mr Nevards comments above will visitors please note that due to the aftereffects of the Hop Pole the area around New Hey will be a quiet zone from opening time till around noon on Sunday. Anyone running sound equipped locos at a loud volume during those hours will have them forcibly inserted somewhere, sideways.

Seriously nothing could be worse than at a Rochdale show in the early 90s Leslie Bevis - Smith had hired the town hall organ for a hour between 9am and opening at 10. He's a wonderful musician as well as a modeller - but not on a Sunday morning after beer!

Looking forward to setting of for Aylesbury in a couple of hours time and a cracking weekend

Having read how many inmates will be there on Saturday I was wondering who told them I'm going on Sunday?!

I echo the previous comment about young people and stamina and I'm looking forward to seeing the wreckage!

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to some fun at the 'Slow and Dirty' corner as one of The Captain's obedient minions!dry.gif

Whether we'll be 'swift and delightful' on the Sunday morning is another matter altogether!

The team is congregating at Kernow Towers shortly, ready for loading and departure after a modest parsnip roulade!.. :D

I have just got back from the stadium to sign for 105 tables being delivered for the show.

The new landlord of the Hop pole is on holiday but the stand in has been briefed on our requirements for Saturday night! The function room there has now been converted in to a micro brewery, unfortunately it is not yet up and running but there are still 10 real ales on plus ciders on the front bar!

Our club arrives at 1pm to mark out the floor and by 3pm layouts and traders start to arrive.

So see some of you tonight and tomorrow and Sunday for the show itself. Come and say hello.

David

Be interesting to see the condition of Pixie and Bryn on sunday - they are helping me out on Highbury in the 2mm zone for the weekend.

I think we're getting a reputation... still, it's better than the egg-stained tie and tweed reputation usually slapped on finescalers I guess. ;)

See y'all tomorow!

Pix

• RMweb Gold

Having read how many inmates will be there on Saturday I was wondering who told them I'm going on Sunday?!

I echo the previous comment about young people and stamina and I'm looking forward to seeing the wreckage!

Chris

See you on the Sunday then Chris - although I'm beginning to get the impression that the operators are likely to be more, er, 'entertaining' than the layoutslaugh1.gif

I hope he'll still be here - he's calling chez Stationmaster to collect some Ratio (wooden) coach kits on Saturday afternoon (or evening if he's really enjoying Railex)iwink.gif

David,

Yes visiting at the moment.

Have the car for another week and then Public transport for the last of it.

Our last day here will be at the GWSG Exhibition at Bristol Parkway.

Fly home on 19th.

Mike,

The best half is expecting me back for tea, although I have not said what time it will be. :laugh:

Look forward to meeting you guys in the flesh....so to speak.

Khris

Hello

Just to report that lots of traders and layouts have now set up at Railex.

Looks like its going to be another great show!

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Don't forget to call via the Extreme Etchings/Shawplan stand for your new Warship class 42/43 roof fans and grilles and the new Stove R flush glazing.

Please mention to Mick Whitchurch how pleased you are to see that the "Blades" have appointed a Manager with previous experience of mananging a proper team in Sheffield, on his CV.

Just back after a full few hours at the show.

Outstanding once again with not a "space filler" to be seen anywhere. Well worth the visit and taking the number of high quality exhibits at each into account, streets ahead of Warley.

Carlsberg don't do model railway shows, but if they did, this is what they'd be. Congratulations to the team for a first class day out.

Phew what a crowded show, as brilliant as ever and exhausting. Somehow I missed the meet-up, I think I must have been in the queue for a cup of coffee as I was flagging a bit by then. All I can say is a big thank you to David and the team and I'll be there again next year.

I can't think of anything to complain about !

• RMweb Premium

Absolutley excellent show from start to finish, well worth the 70 mile drive, the layouts were great, with things going on all the time. I really enjoyed seeing Chris Nevards two layouts at right angles to each other and to see Borchester Market took me back to being a child and seeing it on the TV for the first time.

Can't wait for the next one.

Possibly one of the best shows of the whole year

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant show, very friendly, superb balance well done Railex. Bought myself an engine shed, and a 'Flocker' (the one Andy Y recommends) may have a little flock tomorrow!

Well worth the day out. Oh and the bus ride from the station took me back to my childhood.PS May need a bigger hall!

Archived