Rapido UK Newsletters

mdvle

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Oh flip! I was getting carried away again. I wouldn’t object to the MW K but the Met K would be wonderful. Neither to be confused with the LBSC K Class, which has oft been mentioned on RMweb as desirable, as indeed it is.

And the LBSC ks were at least one K class that I actually not nly saw bit took a photo of (not a very good one alas) - very nice looking engines.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A catch up for those who don't subscribe

Rapido UK Newsletter 22 (September 10th 2022)

• N gauge new tooling announcement
  • October order deadlines
  • new exclusive editions
  • come and meet us
  • full project report
  • An N gauge-themed look behind the scenes

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/All-the-latest-shenanigans-from-Rapido-UK-.html?soid=1138500243749&aid=nh2w-_d0kMM

Rapido UK Newsletter 23

• New product announcement
  • Bedford OBs!
  • Leyland National: first look
  • Say hello to our BCT Arab
  • Meet the W&U coaches
  • Lion video
  • A word about Warley
  • Product update
  • Get to see what happened with the whole Rapido UK team got together for the first time

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Open-now-for-all-the-latest-shenanigans-from-Rapido-UK---.html?soid=1138500243749&aid=nmM5UnXvkYw

Rapido UK Newsletter 24 (Warley)

• Full steam ahead with Rapido
  • Leyland National Mk 1s: the full list
  • New N gauge wagon announcement
  • New OO gauge wagon announcement
  • New N gauge carriage announcement
  • New OO gauge carriage announcement
  • New OO gauge locomotive announcement
  • New OO gauge locomotive announcement

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/It-s-the-Warley-newsletter--Don-t-delay--open-now-.html?soid=1138500243749&aid=hDEkgvPE94Y

Rapido UK Newsletter 25

• New product announcement No. 1
  • New product announcement No. 2
  • First look 1: 'Jones Goods' samples
  • First look 2: 'Small Prairie' CAD
  • New 'B-Sets' announced
  • New 'E1' announced
  • Exclusive model announcements
  • New arrivals update
  • Dynamometer Car update
  • Order deadline reminders
  • Expression of interest deadlines
  • Full product round-up - including pictures

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/TWO-new-projects-from-Rapido-UK---read-all-about-them-.html?soid=1138500243749&aid=M6zO9kjvGn4

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Slightly OT, but I have no desire to start a thread about it...(and I'm sure it will be in the next News letter) Rapido have stated on Face B that they will announce a newly tooled (does this mean it is actually tooled up?) previously unannounced locomotive at the Ally Pally show in London on February 18th/19th. Until then it is a secret.

My Wallet is quite scared.... 

Edited by JSpencer
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Slightly OT, but I have no desire to start a thread about it...(and I'm sure it will be in the next News letter) Rapido have stated on Face B that they will announce a newly tooled (does this mean it is actually tooled up?) previously unannounced locomotive at the Ally Pally show in London on February 18th/19th. Until then it is a secret.

B17/5??   .... tehehe.    Sorry, couldn't resist that but no doubt in reality it will be something far more interesting to many of us (and even more interesting if it hails from South Wales or North East England).

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

18th & 19th of March, I'm afraid. More time to fill your wallet.

• Like 1

Rapido UK Newsletter 27

• Vote for your favourite Rapido UK model
  • Things in colour
  • Factory update
  • Class 28 & Conflat update
  • The decoder problem
  • Order deadline reminder
  • Fleetline order deadline reminder
  • Dan in Railway Modeller
  • It's birthday time!

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/It-s-the-first-Rapido-UK-newsletter-of-the-year-.html?soid=1138500243749&aid=k171bBIH9o0

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mdvle said:

Rapido UK Newsletter 27

• Vote for your favourite Rapido UK model
  • Things in colour
  • Factory update
  • Class 28 & Conflat update
  • The decoder problem
  • Order deadline reminder
  • Fleetline order deadline reminder
  • Dan in Railway Modeller
  • It's birthday time!

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/It-s-the-first-Rapido-UK-newsletter-of-the-year-.html?soid=1138500243749&aid=k171bBIH9o0

It’s birthday time! Hm. Of all the locos pictured, I think I’m right in saying that all have been produced or announced except the North Staffordshire 0-6-0T. I hope that’s broad hint. Rapido – please don’t say, “Get knotted!” 🤡 I wouldn’t object to any of the industrials either.

Edited by No Decorum
Deleted superfluous space. Too used to phone deleting one before a comma!
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Good review . No surprise orders for the Fleetline are disappointing - it is the quite specific Birmingham version . Something more general, like the Alexander D Type used by SBG and many English companies might have been more popular .

Does this mean the National will get canned too ? 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rapido UK Newsletter 28

• Team Rapido UK gets bigger
  • Hunslet update
  • VIX update
  • 'Iron Mink' and Four-Plank Wagon update
  • Class 28 update
  • OAA update
  • 'Big Goods' video
  • Expressions of interest: decison time!
  • Simply Southern status
  • Jason explains why we have to have pre-orders

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/It-s-your-monthly-dose-of-life-from-the-crazy-world-of-Rapido-Trains-.html?soid=1138500243749&aid=YAa8iAvuejs

• Thanks 2

Problems with the VIXes 910006 and 910007. I thought I had one with 910005 but not so. The label on the box didn’t seem to tally with the number on the wagon. Out with the magnifier and “GB787252” appears on a minute plate on the solebar. All the same, I’ll add the legible  number (2380304 2) to the label to ensure that the right wagon gets into the right box. Yes, I know I’m a bit obsessive* about wagon numbers.

* Raving OCD.

• 3 weeks later...

Rapido UK Newsletter 29 - March 16th 2023

• All-new locomotive
  • All-new wagon
  • Say hello to our 'Not-quite-Minks'
  • GWR wagons ready to order
  • What about the 'Peaks'?
  • Fleetline update
  • The Titfield Thunderbolt update
  • 'New' APT-Es in stock
  • Stock update
  • OB order deadline
  • Thoughts on why we do things the way we do

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/TWO-new-tooling-projects-revealed-.html?soid=1138500243749&aid=is2Sk0EsuIs

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just reading the latest newsletter. Hardest working steam locos in the world? They've just had about 4 years off whilst Disney set a new record for the slowest build of a new ride ever lol

@rapidoandy did you do the "behind the scenes tour" assuming they still do it? Still highly Disney stage managed but interesting.

DSCF8840.JPG.b06c7603448d34a605127f4703dcd014.JPG

DSCF8826.JPG.214f21774167f2bf02acdb871e07c21d.JPG

DSCF8830.JPG.fa364c60ff350bf9fa08941188614583.JPG

• Like 3

I did the tour 7 years ago (on my honeymoon). As my wife would say "in true Andy style" I managed to get talking to one of their managers (who walked passed as we were outside the workshop). They were big fans of UK steam and when I told them I was an RO for Tornado I got an invite to have an extra "tour" - and ask lots of extra things. It is genuinely a very special operation and the management and training are extremely interesting. Hidden high quality water treatments plants, inspection systems and training particularly impressed me. 

Andy

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

I did the tour 7 years ago (on my honeymoon). As my wife would say "in true Andy style" I managed to get talking to one of their managers (who walked passed as we were outside the workshop). They were big fans of UK steam and when I told them I was an RO for Tornado I got an invite to have an extra "tour" - and ask lots of extra things. It is genuinely a very special operation and the management and training are extremely interesting. Hidden high quality water treatments plants, inspection systems and training particularly impressed me. 

Andy

Great :) It's certainly a slick operation. They even put Brad Pitt on the footplate for our tour. Most if not all the locos were built in Philly which is a regular haunt for me as my brother lives there.

DSCF8872.JPG.41f61daff2d5175166b4a6616ae8c44e.JPG

• RMweb Gold

As an avid South Eastern and Chatham Railway fan and all things Southern region, we think he’s going to fit in nicely here. Though we aren’t entirely sure if him being able to pester us for a Class O1 in person is a good thing or not!

Yes, it is!

• Agree 5

I just wanted to offer a message of support in response to the end of the newsletter, it's very obvious that there are certain insecure individuals behind screens all over the Internet with superiority complexes, I have an Uncle who has one, I got fed up and called out his behaviour one year and now he barely acknowledges my existence, it's a little pathetic, but also kind of amusing to me. 

Just keep doing what you're doing, your models are incredible!

• Like 5
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

Indeed, I feel if a hobby makes you want to be annoyed on a keyboard, then it is no longer a hobby.

Always be helpful in offerring advice, respect that you may sometimes be wrong and praise the goods when they arrive.

Rapido are open enough to take back feedback and have great ethics so plenty of my money flowing their way right now...

And the newsletter also told me about special shop commisions for the RCH wagons. In with an order for a Tillmanstone one (this on top of the six Rails SECR ones). Perfect for my other EKR wagons and locos.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

I just wanted to offer a message of support in response to the end of the newsletter, it's very obvious that there are certain insecure individuals behind screens all over the Internet with superiority complexes, I have an Uncle who has one, I got fed up and called out his behaviour one year and now he barely acknowledges my existence, it's a little pathetic, but also kind of amusing to me. 

Just keep doing what you're doing, your models are incredible!

Sadly this happens on all forums, too many keyboard warriors who act like they know everything and are very abusive to other forum members, and there are what seems like an increasing number of people who lose their minds over the slightest thing (a recent comment on another thread about a lamp iron made me laugh and very sad at the same time).  If they acted like that in real life, they would very quickly be brought back down to earth and laughed at.

I have however met a couple of people who are bigger a**eholes in real life than on forums, and that is quite a feat.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, rembrow said:

While not a newsletter, Rapido have posted on their Facebook site, that they have three as yet unannounced models, going into tooling. No further details yet.

What's in the box.😎 Too large for a milk tank but too short for the K40....

whatsinthebox.jpg.8dc28889031a02b2c1d382f55c92d2d6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 4