REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

I might of missed it but what provisions have been made for dcc as I know you asked about 21pin or the new type.

Richard

This has always been a stumbling block!    Looks or loads of room for DCC?   We went for looks.

The unit has an 8Pin NMRA Socket, space is very limited and is a bastard to get to!!!   A bit of dismantling of the unit as the seating/cast floor has to be taken out first, the electrics are in the trailor car as without the motor there is space!!.

Suggest a mini decoder or a ESU Micro sound decoder,  the sound file has been done for next years DCC Sound Versions.  Any takers.

• Like 1

I got to have a close look at the units at St Andrews and see them running. They are a stunning model, well worth waiting for with levels of detail not seen before. The lighting is very good and when ready will be adding sound to the Northern unit I will be getting. The packaging also looks smart and the units run well. Hope they are a success for you both.

All the best

Mark

I got to have a close look at the units at St Andrews and see them running. They are a stunning model, well worth waiting for with levels of detail not seen before. The lighting is very good and when ready will be adding sound to the Northern unit I will be getting. The packaging also looks smart and the units run well. Hope they are a success for you both.

All the best

Mark

Expecting the shipment from China to be hear for late September.

This has always been a stumbling block!    Looks or loads of room for DCC?   We went for looks.

The unit has an 8Pin NMRA Socket, space is very limited and is a bastard to get to!!!   A bit of dismantling of the unit as the seating/cast floor has to be taken out first, the electrics are in the trailor car as without the motor there is space!!.

Suggest a mini decoder or a ESU Micro sound decoder,  the sound file has been done for next years DCC Sound Versions.  Any takers.

When you say dcc sound versions do you mean the early versions have no provision for a speaker as such and the later ones will, or do you mean your planning a dcc s on fitted version?

David

When you say dcc sound versions do you mean the early versions have no provision for a speaker as such and the later ones will, or do you mean your planning a dcc s on fitted version?

David

The DCC bit is fiddly due to the design of the Full Interior Layout, all 144s & 143s have 8Pin sockets and a speaker area with Pre Drilled holes but fitting is in the Non powered car as there is no room when the Motor, Gearboxes & Cardan Shafts are in the way!  Honest!!!  And 8Pin connector connects the units together, the interior lighting is constant on DCC and has to be rewired if you require DCC Switchable. All Running Lights (Back & Front) are switchable on DCC.

Future models after October will be DCC Fitted & DCC Sound Fitted, but the Northern Blue ones are running out so they might not get fitted with sound.

We are currently working on the the Class 143 Arriva Trains Wales & First Great Western.

The Launch on some we are flying in is Manchester Show & BRM Peterborough in October.

Charlie

post-3411-0-46027400-1376679754_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Charlie,

Is there any chance of doing a class 142 at some point? 

Cheers Peter.

I broached the subject in posts #527-#530.  He was a tease about it but didn't seem to rule it out!

(in chocolate and cream livery when you do one please)

• Like 1

I'll agree with that   :D

the 142 seems most logical as its pretty much the same chassis...

and squillions of liveries to play with.

Jon 

Edited by 43179

HI All

Exactly the same chassis with different step positions and a water tank under the toilet instead of in the roof as per the 144 143.

Now three years ago I would not have known about detail differences like that.

Regards Arran

• Like 4

I broached the subject in posts #527-#530.  He was a tease about it but didn't seem to rule it out!

Thanks I missed that, though it wasn't really a yes. Maybe we need to keep asking Charlie! I will two in early Provincial liv then I can bin my Hornby ones and just to help things along a nice Orange Manchester PTE job. Pretty Pleeeease.

Cheers Peter. 

Thanks I missed that, though it wasn't really a yes. Maybe we need to keep asking Charlie! I will two in early Provincial liv then I can bin my Hornby ones and just to help things along a nice Orange Manchester PTE job. Pretty Pleeeease.

Cheers Peter. 

From the horses mouth: "No plans fo a 3 Car unit, just a ALL NEW 142!" in an email last month!

Will hopefully put an end to Hornby's offering which now has a RRP of £100! 

• Like 6