REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Id go for the first one - so long as it doesnt have the BR sticker headboard and a plain yellow front.... as well as the standard West Yorkshire red, with the cream stripe and regional lettering.

Also would go for one of the two standard 144s that were painted into standard Regional Railways livery, being 144011 and 13 if memory serves.

post-7347-0-88222500-1302299958_thumb.jpg

Photograph is marked with the copyright of a John Turner of Hull.

Mind you... Im after that 143 in Tyne and Wear Yellow or Provincial Blue more....

• RMweb Gold

I'm not interested in any of the more "modern" liveries aleady announced but to answer the question as posed I would order a Metro Train Red and Cream (broad stripe)version.

However, what would get my money immediately would be one of 144013 in standard Regional Railways livery - can't understand why this livery is not being included in the first releases.....

Keith

HI Keith

Quite simple really, the Regional railways ones have the old seats "bus type" and we only have the modern ones so far, but we will be doing another tool for them.

Regards Arran

I'm not interested in any of the more "modern" liveries aleady announced but to answer the question as posed I would order a Metro Train Red and Cream (broad stripe)version.

However, what would get my money immediately would be one of 144013 in standard Regional Railways livery - can't understand why this livery is not being included in the first releases.....

Keith

• Like 1

Metro Train Red & Cream (Broad Band with yellow line)No Radio Roof Pods fitted then!

K9-70

LOGIC: We have a cunning plan (Black Adder)

We are working on the simple basis that seems to work for the other somewhat larger manufacturers: The latest liveries first, as they honestly sell better. Yes a Northern (Serco-Abellio) liveried unit can run with Class 70s, East Coast 91s, Voyagers, 170s, 158s, X Country HSTs, Etc Etc.

So our cunning plan is to do units in sets: IE two can cover a period: thus two X Northern liveries, or Old Northern & Northern Branded Waves, or Both Arriva & Northern Waves together:

The Class 143 is more difficult as only one livery: Either Arriva Trains Wales or First Great Western Local Lines liveries. The Wessex Trains 'Visit Bristol' livery is planned along with Valley Lines livery, but due to the Wessex Graphics this is expensive, so we need some sales in first to get the price down for the Wessex liveries.

Both 144 & 143 in Regional is easy, but on the 144 which regional railways! BR or Arriva.

On the West Yorkshire PTE Red & Cream, again easy but which era! Metro Train, Regional Railways, Arriva! You tell us!

As for Provincial or Tyne & Wear PTE, thats a 143 issue only. Can we sell enough of the Tyne & Wear ones! Possibly not.

Limited Edition (Another term for 'Rip off' normally). But to do 600 Tyne & Wear PTE ones in my opinion is far too many, as for provincial thats better but how are Trains 4U provincial 150s going! We have to be carefull here.

Progress on the 144 todate is: See the pictures!!! Or come to York!

Also we are doing another DMU! But we are not saying what it is yet. Far too early to do that, maybe after Christmas.

post-3411-0-87261700-1302376472_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-30420100-1302376495_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Quantities for the above are limited to 300 of each model

Retail Prices on this model is looking to under £100.00, this includes:

Bi-Directional headlights Twin Light Clusters, Dummy BSI coupling, additional tension lock couplings, NEM Pockets,

Working constant switchable interior lighting, Refurbished Chapman seating, Corridor Connections, Radio Roofpods with earthing strip,

Power Car & non powered Trailer car, Apertures for DCC Speakers & decoder, 5 Pole low profile skew wound motor & gearboxes.

This chassis design will allow see through window glazing within the Highly detailed bodyshell.

Bargain. Looks like the wallet will be severely dented when 143s arrive in Arriva Trains Wales and Valleys Lines liveries. Are you taking deposits? Or do we just need to keep an eye on this topic?

Not just yet, as we are getting the 144 done first!

Been working on research for the Wessex 'Visit Bristol' liveries, as these are quite complex. The Arriva Trains Wales livery designs are done so that should be easy, not picked which numbersets to do yet. Any Suggestion as they need the new light clusters!

Suggest you register your interest with: customerservices@realtrackmodels.co.uk then we can keep you informed of progress.

post-3411-0-09000000-1302424025_thumb.jpg

A cunning plan indeed, hope it works well for you.

For me, the livery would have to be the original 1986, BR/West Yorkshire version, not the revised Metrotrain version from 1988.

Destination would have to be Leeds/Castleford, as this was the line I travelled regularly on when I stayed at at Ferry Fryston on holidays.

The photos of the model look good and should attract plenty of interest from modellers interested in modern image.

K9-70

post-2692-0-83669300-1302449876_thumb.jpg

Also we are doing another DMU! But we are not saying what it is yet. Far too early to do that, maybe after Christmas.

That really has to be the class 116 then Charlie, seeing as Hornby and Bachmann overlooked it again ;)

The Wessex Trains 'Visit Bristol' livery is planned along with Valley Lines livery, but due to the Wessex Graphics this is expensive, so we need some sales in first to get the price down for the Wessex liveries.

Excellent news that the Wessex is a defo and from £95 an utter bargin. If its expensive to reproduce the livery, im sure you could get away with charging more! ;) I am sure theres 300 people like me who used to hate Wessex Trains greatly, yet now truly do miss seeing there colours and pictures not turning up (half an hour late lol). Great to have the Class 143 join other Wessex models out there. (No fear ill buy a FGW one too)

Ive noticed you now do a good range of spares for your FLAs on the website. Will spares be offered seperately from the Pacers? As i would certainly be interested in buying several dummy BSI couplings for my 158s and 159s...

Great looking pictures of the 144, also looking forward to after Christmas already!! Ill buy whatever it is, as i think it is critically important to support businesses such as Realtrack!

• Like 2

HI All

The coupling and the roof pod are meant to be on the same tool and the plan is to have spares for every thing that can be broken, unlike some !!!!

So i think they will be available as separate items.

Regards Arran

Great news that spare BSIs will likely be sold seperately.

Hmm what Wessex one? I always remember the Clifton Suspension Bridge ones (Pretty sure the Cathedral featured too). Sums up Bristol for me. Without fotopic some Googling has resulted in units 603 + 611 sporting it. Well thats my vote. (Here is a link to 143611 http://www.flickr.com/photos/guise_dugal/16097894/sizes/o/in/photostream/)

The Wessex (or being picky Wales and West) units and their liveries were:

143603 "Normal" scheme

143611 "Normal" scheme

143612 Standalone decal "Broadmead Centre"

143613 Standalone decal "@Bristol" (caught fire and written-off in this livery)

143617 Standalone decal "SS Great Britain"

143618 Standalone decal "Conference Bristol"

143619 "Normal" scheme

143620 Standalone decal "A Creative Culture"

143621 Standalone decal "Bristol Zoo"

143622 "Normal" scheme (transferred to ATW before FGW started)

143623 "Normal" scheme (transferred to ATW before FGW started)

The "normal scheme" images featured the balloons, Clifton Suspension bridge etc, but one of those images also appears on the L/H car of the ones with the standalone schemes as well, so you won't miss out...

Personal choice time - the ones in italics I definately wouldn't pick due to longetivity - none of them made it to FGW - a shame as the @Bristol decals were quite funky.

The logical side of my head says that if you did the "standard" scheme then anyone who wants more than one could just do a simple renumbering.

The other side of my head says the standalone schemes were much more funky - much more representative of what Wessex was like, and and one of them would be better! That "A Creative Culture" one is my favourite but it's also the one I had a go at doing on Charlie's resin 144 kit! :P

Anyhow - speaking personally again whichever one you choose guys I will have one. ;)

Some pics here (not just Wessex) amongst others if it helps folk choose :

http://ukrailwaypics...235275241_xAwPS

(Sorry they are doing maintainence on the site today if you find that gives a 503 error - patience!)

• Like 1

The logical side of my head says that if you did the "standard" scheme then anyone who wants more than one could just do a simple renumbering.

Probably best to go with the sensible option for the reasons Martyn's pointed out.

Curious to see how the fanlights are done though I suppose it's no big deal.

Stu

The Wessex (or being picky Wales and West) units and their liveries were:

143603 "Normal" scheme

143611 "Normal" scheme

143612 Standalone decal "Broadmead Centre"

143613 Standalone decal "@Bristol" (caught fire and written-off in this livery)

143617 Standalone decal "SS Great Britain"

143618 Standalone decal "Conference Bristol"

143619 "Normal" scheme

143620 Standalone decal "A Creative Culture"

143621 Standalone decal "Bristol Zoo"

143622 "Normal" scheme (transferred to ATW before FGW started)

143623 "Normal" scheme (transferred to ATW before FGW started)

(Sorry they are doing maintainence on the site today if you find that gives a 503 error - patience!)

Id like to update my vote in light of this comprehensive list to 143617 SS Great Britian. Why? Well as the Great Western is Brunels masterpiece, so is the SS Great Britian, they can be perfectly demonstrated in 143617 as they are both "very" Bristolian. (My new choice is nothing to do with my favourite number being 17 though! ;) ) I agree it might be more sensiable to go for one of the normal units as i doubt any of us shall agree upon a more unique one we would all like. Perhaps the units could come un-numbered, with a selection of numbers and decal transfers? But yes, i think SS Great Britian on a Wessex 143 on the Great Western really works. See what comes our way in 2013...

(heres a link just incase: http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/BB3cpg/albums/userpics/10002/normal_Imgp7864.jpg)