REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Charlie WOW!

Looks a very impressive model. To look at you who would have thought youd have this in you!

Ian

We are trying to get it right! I am sure certain things will not please some people but the cost is 'Lots', but I like it and we have, based on the sample, various minor mods to do.

The 143 is quite different in minor details to a 144 and some compromise here is required without doing a 100% completely different bodyshell. The differences we ARE doing are:

Correct bufferbeams & front footsteps (Both different on the 143 to a 144)

Different seating layout on both classes.

Correct underfloor & battery box detailing.

Different dampers on axleboxes.

Radio roofpod modifications for 144.

As you cannot see! both cars have different roofs, one with toilets & removeable panels and one with the old 'cab to shore' radio equipment fitted, including additional curved strengthening panel.

Both cabs come with fire extinguisher & telephone consol, the carriage interior has seating and NO visible motor, working bi-directional lighting and will have our 'unique'constant dc interior lights.

We have put alot of effort into our 'First' dmu, as we have to make an impression in todays market, cut out all the hype, but thats not cheap, our profit levels on this are low and at £100.00 we think that a 'Cracking Price', look at Heljans 'Waggon & Macheninbau' railbus. And it not to the 'REALTRACK' specification.

Our second DMU, which is being worked on now will be equally as impressive, and hopefully not very much more!

Please support us, as we need to do odd ball things st stay clear of the Big Boys.

Charlie.

PPS The new wagon will be good too! And less than 18 months away.

post-3411-0-31978600-1303342237_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-29836900-1303342289_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mmm, I think I'll have to incure some penalty points on my modellers licence to find a way to get one of these for my layout which is well out of their operating sphere!

Can you be persuaded to do an EMU?

NO! but you can offer suggestions? use: customerservices@realtrackmodels.co.uk

Looks very impressive, might have to stretch to 2 rather than 1.

We have numbered them in periods:

IE

2 X Northern Night Blue as operating today as 2008-2012 era

2 X Northern (Blue & Red & Silver Metro) as mid to late 2000-2010 era

2 X Arriva/Northern Red & Silver Metro) as early to mid 2000-2010 era

Charlie

That model is looking so nice, Can't wait to have one on its way to Australia!!!!!

Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next model!

Have you thought of selling some unpainted for people to paint in there own colours???

Gary in Tas!

Charlie / Arran,

Have you thought about supplying a coupling bar, mimicing two coupled BSI's, that can be used in exchange of the standard BSI's, in case of running in multiple ?

Would be a shame to need to do away with the BSI's, and find another, but obviously visible, solution.

One could permanently alter two BSI's so they can be glued together, perhaps ?

Regards, Michel

Just seen this model in the flesh at York, and it looks great. Highlights for me are the seperately-fitted dampers (many recent RTR diesel locos still have these moulded as part of the bogie) and the seating (again, other RTR models often have a generic seat-shaped blob). With such attention to detail this model deserves to do really well. Mind-boggling that the mechanism can be hidden away on such a small vehicle, yet a much bigger, more established company had to fill a whole carriage with the power unit on their (longer) DMU!

I'll add another request for the 3-car Class 144, if you're still looking into this, preferably in Metro red & cream (any variant).

Cheers,

Will

PS. Realtrack must win the 2011 'Model Which is Far More Popular than the Real Thing' award.

• Like 1

Both 144 & 143 in Regional is easy, but on the 144 which regional railways! BR or Arriva.

On the West Yorkshire PTE Red & Cream, again easy but which era! Metro Train, Regional Railways, Arriva! You tell us!

As for Provincial or Tyne & Wear PTE, thats a 143 issue only. Can we sell enough of the Tyne & Wear ones! Possibly not.

Limited Edition (Another term for 'Rip off' normally). But to do 600 Tyne & Wear PTE ones in my opinion is far too many, as for provincial thats better but how are Trains 4U provincial 150s going! We have to be carefull here.

I understand you being careful with regards to the different liveries that are out there. I think that small changes such as the lettering used for Regional Railways, Arriva, is a small change but its big enough when it affects the time era for the model in such a way. I would think that standard regional railways engines are the easiest to go for, as I dont think people would specifically model the area in a deliberate time period for Arriva Trains Northern opperation, when its just one TOC running at the time. The liveries of other units youd buy would overlap and so I dont think people would be that fussy generally.

With regards the two ideas for a northern 143. Well... these are the earliest liveries to do, and so I guess would be people returning to the hobby or those wanting to specifically model that area and time. Id fall into the second group. The provincial and Tyne and Wear 143s were allocated to the North East branches such as the Tyne Valley, Durham Coast, Bishop to Saltburn, Darlington/Boro to Whitby and Newcastle to Morpeth/Alnwick. That makes scope of opperation all the more restricted as they arent exactly top billing for layouts of the time - but Ive always held the view if the companies make them then people model the areas the trains run. The Tyne and Wear one would be select but a great one to do - the added bonus is that if Regional and Arriva are two seperate liveries then you can have two for Tyne and wear as they did change the Tyne PTE logo when they were done. The provincial one would be perhaps the most smartest 143 to do but both would be a while as more pressing and recent units need to be done to get sales in for your company.

So that leaves a 144 - and with a 3 car to come? ... Id add my name to that list as Id love one of them too.

The model looks fantastic and is setting the standard by which all other new DMUs should be made.

I understand you being careful with regards to the different liveries that are out there. I think that small changes such as the lettering used for Regional Railways, Arriva, is a small change but its big enough when it affects the time era for the model in such a way. I would think that standard regional railways engines are the easiest to go for, as I dont think people would specifically model the area in a deliberate time period for Arriva Trains Northern opperation, when its just one TOC running at the time. The liveries of other units youd buy would overlap and so I dont think people would be that fussy generally.

With regards the two ideas for a northern 143. Well... these are the earliest liveries to do, and so I guess would be people returning to the hobby or those wanting to specifically model that area and time. Id fall into the second group. The provincial and Tyne and Wear 143s were allocated to the North East branches such as the Tyne Valley, Durham Coast, Bishop to Saltburn, Darlington/Boro to Whitby and Newcastle to Morpeth/Alnwick. That makes scope of opperation all the more restricted as they arent exactly top billing for layouts of the time - but Ive always held the view if the companies make them then people model the areas the trains run. The Tyne and Wear one would be select but a great one to do - the added bonus is that if Regional and Arriva are two seperate liveries then you can have two for Tyne and wear as they did change the Tyne PTE logo when they were done. The provincial one would be perhaps the most smartest 143 to do but both would be a while as more pressing and recent units need to be done to get sales in for your company.

Thanks for that:

The odd new picture for you!

So that leaves a 144 - and with a 3 car to come? ... Id add my name to that list as Id love one of them too.

The model looks fantastic and is setting the standard by which all other new DMUs should be made.

post-3411-0-72839900-1303857752_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-17335500-1303858209_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I'd like a 3 car 144 too. Very useful as often seen on York - Harrogate - Leeds services.

Looks like a real treat of a model. Just wish one of the manufacturers would produce a working coupler which could be passed of as a representation of the BSI. The Tomix couple Dapol uses on there 156/153 DMU and the forthcoming 142 looks fine and works well too.