REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Had a detailed inspection at Perth at the weekend and all I can say is that the prototype is stunning. Roll on the finished article! The interior is exceptional and the interconnection is a work of genius! :yahoo:

We have pre thought the interiors, the Northern & WYPTE versions will have the current Chapman seating, with armrests and grab handles!! With the seating layout being correct. When we do the pre-upgraded earlier versions we will have 2+3 Bus seats fitted, not the 'one fits all' Hornby seating.

The 143 will have the correct seating layout as per the Arriva & First GW units (this is different to the 144 units). Also different on the models as per the prototypes are: Buffer Beams, Front Steps, Underfloor Equipment, Roof Pod earthing strips.

We are trying very hard to have the Best Unit in 4mm, hope we do! Arran & Charlie ( Next DMU being worked on!)

post-3411-0-57080300-1309386618_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-62011500-1309386738_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-96725100-1309386811_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-74667200-1309386853_thumb.jpg

Does it come with a bag over the coupling too!? What extra service that would be for during winter!

I wouldnt worry about trying to have the best unit in RTR.... this is going to create a league of its own when its done that all others will aspire too.... although some Bachmann things are good, they dont have the extra detail and properly thought out lighting arangements either....

PPS Our next DMU will be upto the same standard too. Then we are doing a loco!

What a tease this is, my wallet is almost exploding in excitiment!

Please can we have some hints? Pleaseeee! Is the loco seen regularly on the network today? Is it a totally new loco, or a revision (massive improvement) on a competitors? etc....

Love some hints on the DMU too, Ive seen it mentioned a few times now, I bet your dying to tell us all!! ;)

• RMweb Premium

I take it you might want some! Charlie

PPS Our next DMU will be upto the same standard too. Then we are doing a loco!

I still have the pics of you measuring the unit and memories of yourself, Arran and me getting locked in. But then again, you and locks don't have a happy relationship...... :laugh:

Mick

I still have the pics of you measuring the unit and memories of yourself, Arran and me getting locked in. But then again, you and locks don't have a happy relationship...... :laugh:

Mick

On no! Photographic evidence, locked in! Once again I got out without assistance. Charlie

So! The question, what diesel shunters do people like!!!!

• RMweb Gold

On no! Photographic evidence, locked in! Once again I got out without assistance. Charlie

So! The question, what diesel shunters do people like!!!!

That looks to be a loaded question... something industrial would be nice rtr... but I wouldn't want to suggest you step on the toes of another manufacturer?... mmm where to start????

A class 02, small, compact and a little unique in the UK with it's veranda. Or a class 07, which again are a little unique, though a restricted sphere of operations, that said it was used a fair bit in industrial railways.

I would have thought they have already researched and chosen it.... after all they have selected good units and wagons to do so far....

Or could you do the holy grail and just make an absolutely perfect class 37, as every one so far has been slagged off for some small reason.... and I dont get why.....

A class 02, small, compact and a little unique in the UK with it's veranda. Or a class 07, which again are a little unique, though a restricted sphere of operations, that said it was used a fair bit in industrial railways.

An 06 then....!

Or if you are really thinking go anywhere and do anything a Sentinel!

Hate to say it but have the widespread and popular shunteres not been done? I love the 08... and 03... but things like 04, 14 have been done, either some time ago or recently but not to the same standard. 07? Looks nice and certaintly a novel engine...

Steam, a decent J94 would be good, especially one that can have industrial external motion too. A J72 redone... but thats my northern preferences. Others might champion a J69, J70?

But maybe its worth cracking on with more units, as the scope for there is quite large..... especially to the standards you are laying down.

Hate to say it but have the widespread and popular shunteres not been done? I love the 08... and 03... but things like 04, 14 have been done, either some time ago or recently but not to the same standard. 07? Looks nice and certaintly a novel engine...

Steam, a decent J94 would be good, especially one that can have industrial external motion too. A J72 redone... but thats my northern preferences. Others might champion a J69, J70?

But maybe its worth cracking on with more units, as the scope for there is quite large..... especially to the standards you are laying down.

We never mentioned it was diesel!

Wouldnt you want to keep to diesel and modern image things. Your container wagons and modern units means your putting yourself into a niche area of the market that will probably expand given the 40+ rule for those returning to the hobby added to those that stayed and modelled throughout. That way your range compliments each other... unless you do plan for more diverse expansion yourselves....