Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Callow Lane - ex-Midland freight-only line in South Gloucestershire

Captain Kernow

Looking good Captain K :)

I especially like the retaining wall and backs of terraced houses - there's something so atmospheric and natural about that view.

I must admit, I had completely forgotten about this project. I think I must have been distracted by just how good Bethesda is! 

I must also admit that it can be a distraction, when you model in several scales, and / or gauges. Keep up the fab modelling good sir :)

• Thanks 1

Always a relief when a long-stored layout emerges from hibernation and it all still works - my own (just Peco Code 100 with Peco point motors) has such spells and so far has always still worked when I get it out. I like to think the care taken in its construction has paid off, must be the same with Callow Lane.

This looks very promising.......with a model of the shortest-lived NBL Type 2 hydraulic of them all too - 5 years, 10 months and 3 days, and standing on some very nice-looking pointwork. One to watch I think.....!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit more footage, this time showing some Sentinel action:

I should add that the Sentinel is an RT Models kit, which I was very lucky to secure on EBay, already (most expertly) built but not painted.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 15

14 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Here is a map, showing the position of Callow Lane, with regard to the other railways in the South Gloucestershire area:

376488075_CallowLanemap2.jpg.158e470931c3fdea6fcc2a39640ef1d4.jpg

Nice to see this re-starting.

If you could extend the line past New Engine yard a bit it should run right past my house!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

I don't emerge from the 2mm area very often but I've clicked the follow button for this, lovely stuff.

Jerry

Me too!  Though I do emerge from the 2mm area more often:)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tim V said:

Is that Himalayan herrings?

I'll just leave this here...0:58....bit of scenery advice as well...

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1