Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

19 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Any thoughts to 'issuing blanks', like Dapol did with the Westerns - supplying plates, etc separately?

Al.

The locos aren't blank but all etched plates and plaques etc are supplied separately with fitting jigs and 3M tape to fix them with. This allows you to leave them off and change numbers if you like. Beware of detail differences though. It's a minefield.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, RBE said:

The locos aren't blank but all etched plates and plaques etc are supplied separately with fitting jigs and 3M tape to fix them with. This allows you to leave them off and change numbers if you like. Beware of detail differences though. It's a minefield.

Superb!  Thanks for the information.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Surprised nobody has walked in and purchased over the counter and posted on here.  I’m passing by tomorrow, wonder if they are for sale in the physical shop yet?

You are soooo old school Gary 😉🤣

• Funny 2

30 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Surprised nobody has walked in and purchased over the counter and posted on here.  I’m passing by tomorrow, wonder if they are for sale in the physical shop yet?

I’d ring ahead and check they are there as their warehouse is not part of the shop I believe. 

Just now, Markn said:

If anyone has one yet, what DCC chip is recommended for the DCC ready versions please?

I would recommend an ESU Lokpilot as we are currently working with ESU on a custom set up for that chip to correctly operate the complex functions. Due to the way that the lighting etc works there is no guarantee that a standard out of the box decoder will operate the loco's functions as expected.

• Informative/Useful 3

1 minute ago, RBE said:

I would recommend an ESU Lokpilot as we are currently working with ESU on a custom set up for that chip to correctly operate the complex functions. Due to the way that the lighting etc works there is no guarantee that a standard out of the box decoder will operate the loco's functions as expected.

Thank you.  If you know this one, is it the basic, the 21 MTC or the NEM660 please?  I think after speaking to a shop this morning that it depends on how the loco is wired?

I have finally made my mind up and placed an order for 56055 in Loadhaul with DCC sound.  56018, 56070 and 56120 were also on the list of contenders, but I could only justify the one (I've sold some of my other models).

Having seen the videos on Hornby Magazine, I really cannot wait. I guess given the above, I've got no excuse not to pre-order 60059 now... 😆

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

DC Kits are showing Loksound chip for the Cavalex locos.

Dave.

Not sure how they have the sound file. I assume it's their sound?

I phoned and paid Trains4U a couple of hours a go. The ever helpful John told me they’ve had a few cancelled orders so it might be worth a phone call or indeed a trip if you live nearby, cheers, Rob

Just been drooling over the Rails photos!!

I always 'weather' / fatigue my locomotives to some extent - wondering how long I can keep mine 'ex shop' ... just looks too good to weather!

Are the bodies 'clip on' or are there 'additional requirements'?

Al.

25 minutes ago, RBE said:

Not sure how they have the sound file. I assume it's their sound?

They may not send it straight away.

I ordered a sound chip from DC Kits a few years ago for what was then a brand new loco. I received a reply from Charlie within an hour to say he assumed this was for the new model & they would get a model of their own in order to customise the file before fulfilling the order.