Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

Is there a list of the Functions that a non-sound loco uses?

After a few problems with the Accurascale 92 as the Function Range was outside what my Lenz LH90 could do I would like to know what the range is.

Thanks

Peter

25 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

Is there a list of the Functions that a non-sound loco uses?

After a few problems with the Accurascale 92 as the Function Range was outside what my Lenz LH90 could do I would like to know what the range is.

Thanks

Peter

We are currently working on a lokpilot DCC none sound setup keeping all of the main functions in the top 10. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, RBE said:

We are currently working on a lokpilot DCC none sound setup keeping all of the main functions in the top 10. 

I was more interested that if I put a standard chip in the loco I would be able to use the basic functions - Lights On/Off and Rear Lights On/off

Is there a list somewhere of the functions?

Thanks

Peter

Just now, Peter749 said:

I was more interested that if I put a standard chip in the loco I would be able to use the basic functions - Lights On/Off and Rear Lights On/off

Is there a list somewhere of the functions?

Thanks

Peter

There is a list in the box (for the sound fitted locos) however the functions are chip specific and not loco specific so it's not as easy to say what functions are what. The lighting etc is connected to the chip via aux connections, which functions drive those is internal to the chip not the loco. 

As the lighting is all configurable there is no guarantee which function will operate each light etc beyond the default lights on F0. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

26 minutes ago, RBE said:

There is a list in the box (for the sound fitted locos) however the functions are chip specific and not loco specific so it's not as easy to say what functions are what. The lighting etc is connected to the chip via aux connections, which functions drive those is internal to the chip not the loco. 

As the lighting is all configurable there is no guarantee which function will operate each light etc beyond the default lights on F0. 

So If I was to buy one of the Non-Sound fitted locos and put a Decoder in the loco I won't know what it can do apart from turning the Main Lights on or off?

Most locos have a Fn list - I presume this does not?

9 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

So If I was to buy one of the Non-Sound fitted locos and put a Decoder in the loco I won't know what it can do apart from turning the Main Lights on or off?

Most locos have a Fn list - I presume this does not?

We can't give you a function list for what you are asking because the function allocation to the aux connections are decoder specific and not loco specific. Unless we know what decoder you are using and how it is set up internally in software there is no way for us to know which function on the decoder will do what action on the loco aside from the basic standard ones such as directional lighting etc. We cannot provide a function list on something that we cannot control, i.e. which function on your chip is controlling which aux connection in the loco. Hence we are producing custom lokpilot chips tailored to the model. The issue is that the loco is capable of very complex lighting control and as such is not standard by default. The lights etc are wired to the DCC standards but a lot of the lighting control doesn't fall under standard default lighting operation. There are dip switch controls under the roof panel that are labelled in the manual which set many of the functions to standard configuration for basic DCC decoder operation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My model of 56091 was posted out today Special Delivery. It should be with me tomorrow. Looking forward to making the review of it too. I will use my rake of TEA tankers and pretend my DCR Class 56 is borrowed by Colas to work the Preston to Lindsey Bitumen train. I know its fictional but its an excuse to exercise this beast in OO gauge. I am getting excited already. I will always be 28 in my mind and I was never destined to grow up grumpy 🤣.

**rubs hands gleefully**

• RMweb Gold

The pipework's a little fiddly due to the designers of the real 56 putting some of the pipes rather close together (how inconsiderate of them!) but the bits went on OK in the end.

DSCF1367.JPG.73f1b2f683eff797a85c46d1f780512c.JPG.b7effb4ff6b1ed59bdef1f0ff00e4f96.JPG

Edited by 97406
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

25 minutes ago, RBE said:

We can't give you a function list for what you are asking because the function allocation to the aux connections are decoder specific and not loco specific. Unless we know what decoder you are using and how it is set up internally in software there is no way for us to know which function on the decoder will do what action on the loco aside from the basic standard ones such as directional lighting etc. We cannot provide a function list on something that we cannot control, i.e. which function on your chip is controlling which aux connection in the loco. Hence we are producing custom lokpilot chips tailored to the model. The issue is that the loco is capable of very complex lighting control and as such is not standard by default. The lights etc are wired to the DCC standards but a lot of the lighting control doesn't fall under standard default lighting operation. There are dip switch controls under the roof panel that are labelled in the manual which set many of the functions to standard configuration for basic DCC decoder operation.

Ok, thanks.

Is the manual available as a download?

Peter

17 minutes ago, BritishRail60062 said:

I went for a DCC ready version. Would a Dapol 8 Function decoder suffice for this model? I plan to upgrade to DCC later on. 

It has been mentioned a few posts above by Cav that they are working on sorting a decoder specifically for the 56.

Edited by Chris56057
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, E100 said:

Any idea if Colletts have got their batch in yet? Can't wait to marvel at 56008 and it's accurate upside down 8!

Colletts are due Saturday, the upside down 8 is correct was delivered that way 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well the big question will be answered tomorrow,who gets to post the first ive got one with pictures,will not be me as i want mine made mucky so will ring and pay for Colas and DC tomorrow from rainbow,im away with a Dalek next week for a few days,who ever it is fill yer boots.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well the big question will be answered tomorrow,who gets to post the first ive got one with pictures,

So you haven't looked back at today's posts then...... 😄

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 5

3 minutes ago, BritishRail60062 said:

I have a feeling an influx of videos will be coming on YouTube either tomorrow or at the weekend. I know mine will once I have received 56091 and checked it over 😉.

Wonder how many of them will compare the Cavalex 56 to the real locomotive and how many will just compare it to the Hornby one? Or even to a Bachmann or Accurascale recent release? I'm sure it will do very well on all fronts, but only one is really relevant. 

• Like 4