Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

@RBE hi Cav/Alex please help!!!

I’ve had a preorder for 56091 in DCR grey (sound fitted) in since they were announced and been let down today by a certain retailer who says they may not be getting them now… sure you know who.

I’m gutted!

I need to know if they will be getting them or not so that I can order a non-sound fitted one from another retailer as ive rung round and all the sound ones are sold out, with not many of the non sound versions left either now.

A couple of retailers have kindly put me on their reserve lists in case any become available if they have any cancelled orders but I really don’t want to miss this one!

Alex K.

Edited by norfolkchinaclay

• RMweb Gold

It’s a lovely runner. I’ve just fitted a boggo decoder for now but I have the headlight, marker lights and one of the fans to play with. I will put an ESU decoder in, but I may just go for the sound upgrade. I have a DCC sound 56093 Tinsley large logo one on order too so looking forward to that.

Anyhow, well done, fellas. A great model that will be adorning the little shelf by my desk all afternoon now.

58 minutes ago, Mark said:

Mine has just been despatched. Interestingly no mention of the drop in wheels pre ordered so clearly they are coming later and didn’t make the model release.

I'm picking my blue pair up from Trains4U tonight and they said that they are including the P4 wheelsets for both.

HIH

Richard

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Mine has just been despatched. Interestingly no mention of the drop in wheels pre ordered so clearly they are coming later and didn’t make the model release.

Please contact your retailer as the wheel sets were delivered with the locos. 

30 minutes ago, RBE said:

Please contact your retailer as the wheel sets were delivered with the locos. 

I have just sent them a message. The despatch note and charge only covered the loco but the wheels are still on my pre order list so they aren’t forgotten. My wheels are for P4. Has anybody else had P4 or are those so far released EM?

Edited by Mark

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Marcoblanco said:

if lighting functions work all ok

I would say that was highly unlikely unless Cavalex have used the same function numbers as Hornby for the lighting - the TXS functions are not remappable (sadly). Pays your money and takes your choice as they say.

• Informative/Useful 1

26 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Would I be correct in thinking this is the speaker to use in DCC ready versions if we wish to add sound?IMG_1632.jpeg.44dc7d2e97893749523c9d01b5be4d8f.jpegW

Yes that's the one.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

50 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

will there be modern crew to go with 70s and 90s drivers?

The 90s one is also a modern one - we were scanned in high vis jackets per uniforms of the current day.

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Will the sound chip and speakers be available to upgrade a dcc ready version to the full monty version. I ask because I’ve purchased one sound equipped one and not sure I can quite stretch to another before next payday.

14 minutes ago, E100 said:

Any idea if Colletts have got their batch in yet? Can't wait to marvel at 56008 and it's accurate upside down 8!

Should do by the end of the weekend latest. C&M Models and Rainbow Railways competed today.

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, taliesin said:

Will the sound chip and speakers be available to upgrade a dcc ready version to the full monty version. I ask because I’ve purchased one sound equipped one and not sure I can quite stretch to another before next payday.

We’re looking at sorting this asap but will be a few weeks or so till we can confirm (as you can imagine have quite a few models to get out!), but the intention is to absolutely supply DCC sound upgrade kits if we can!

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, 97406 said:

Very nice. Do I win a prize? 😁

DSCF1364.JPG.99b6758f6fdd75946b4ea1ffe6550582.JPG

Disappointed you haven’t weathered it already Tim if I’m honest  😉

In all seriousness thanks for your support - looks great on your layout.

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southwich said:

We’re looking at sorting this asap but will be a few weeks or so till we can confirm (as you can imagine have quite a few models to get out!), but the intention is to absolutely supply DCC sound upgrade kits if we can!

Kind regards,

Will

Fantastic, thanks

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Southwich said:

Disappointed you haven’t weathered it already Tim if I’m honest  😉

In all seriousness thanks for your support - looks great on your layout.

Kind regards,

Will

Haha, Will. I do think they look quite smart in clean Banger Blue. It’s the black windscreen grommets that really set it off. It will no doubt get the treatment soon!

• Friendly/supportive 1