Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Carver Bridge TMD said:

20240208_153206.jpg.a290daaa43b3a1edadb324daed87ba62.jpg

I did not release both locos had the old magnatesion system fitted. It seems very powerful.

Edited by BR Blue
  • Funny 11

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Carver Bridge TMD said:

i have no idea why the uploader is choosing to flip the image over, its the right way up on my phone

It's not choosing to do that; you're using your Apple device the wrong way round. Take pictures with the button to the right.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Wow! What a model. It really is stunning. In real life its even more impressive than in the photo. I've just ordered a coal sector one as these are just too good not to.

Huge congratulations Cavalex on a masterpiece and a work of art.

20240209_111034.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, BR Blue said:

I did not release both locos had the old magnatesion system fitted. It seems very powerful.

I think it was a wicked ploy to befuddle us people viewing picture on a tablet or mobile phone! 

• RMweb Premium

My backup coal livery one has arrived in the last couple of days, so as promised I've dug out a few (only 24 this time) MGR wagons for a more full effect.

Very happy with the decision to leave the nameplates and shed plates for the customer to attach (with the handy jig). A bit daunting for me, but this one will be left unnamed (and likely renumbered to another Toton example) anyway.

Very nice work Cavalex!

• Like 6

On 08/02/2024 at 13:01, Pendle Forest said:

I do wonder whether DCC has now reached the stage of becoming a barrier rather than an advantage :(

Not at all. The lighting options being offered on this model are quite frankly staggering for an out of the box rtr locomotive. New developments and technology upgrades take time....it will only be a short period before an appropriately programmed decoder is available off the shelf, or as others have said, Cavalex list the auxiliary output options so you can either program them yourself, or someone can do it for you.

Patience is a virtue.

Edited by blueeighties
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

We have released a few dozen analogue locos to our website today from unclaimed orders and cancellations.

I have more being released over the weekend, including some sound fitted models, so keep your eyes open or request a stock notification.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

We have released a few dozen analogue locos to our website today from unclaimed orders and cancellations.

I have more being released over the weekend, including some sound fitted models, so keep your eyes open or request a stock notification.

Any EM wheelsets?

• RMweb Gold

Well, despite having a real dislike for Class 56s, I was brow beaten in to getting one for Oak Road, and here it is…..

IMG_4399.jpeg.ee34e47d2145cd1b3c5b0e3e33cf37f7.jpeg

….Colas livery, and the detail on those bogies is fantastic…..and before anyone says ‘the cab steps are wrong, they don’t line up’ …….

they didn’t in the real thing!

IMG_4400.png.03be2c80037e8ad59b41f0cf51c876a4.png

Technically, this loco never got to Cary, only Westbury, but I won’t let that put me off! Roll on September when the layout is out and I can give it a run. 

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

11 hours ago, Revolution Mike B said:

Well, despite having a real dislike for Class 56s, I was brow beaten in to getting one for Oak Road, and here it is…..

IMG_4399.jpeg.ee34e47d2145cd1b3c5b0e3e33cf37f7.jpeg

….Colas livery, and the detail on those bogies is fantastic…..and before anyone says ‘the cab steps are wrong, they don’t line up’ …….

they didn’t in the real thing!

IMG_4400.png.03be2c80037e8ad59b41f0cf51c876a4.png

Technically, this loco never got to Cary, only Westbury, but I won’t let that put me off! Roll on September when the layout is out and I can give it a run. 

Sticking my head above the parapet here, but looking at the photo of the Colas 56 above compared to 048 below, isn’t the bogie too far back? The real one is past the door to the front to my eye, at a leat favourable angle as well? The middle axle looks closer to the front compared with the rear?

6 minutes ago, Dorset33 said:

Sticking my head above the parapet here, but looking at the photo of the Colas 56 above compared to 048 below, isn’t the bogie too far back? The real one is past the door to the front to my eye, at a leat favourable angle as well? The middle axle looks closer to the front compared with the rear?

The angle of the photo makes the bogie appear in different locations as the bogie is further in than the bodyside. The wheels are also not evenly spaced on the real one. 

Edited by RBE
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

If you look at the linkage at the front of the bogie, it's directly under the forward cab door handrail on both the model and the real thing, so I think it's most likely right on the model.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today, absolutely lives up to my high expectations for it.   Even though I won’t use them, it was the little things like the pre cut etched plates that really set it apart.

Now to get to work on removing the coal sector logos, and get it converted to 56078 in 1999 condition 

IMG_9438.jpeg

• Like 5

Completed loading the Colas 56 into my ECoS and detailing number 1 end along with fitting the nameplates.

What a stunning model and the sound file is second to none. Well done Cav and Alex, cannot wait for the 60s I have on order!

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4285.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Dorset33 said:

Everything is is the right place 👍

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, The Fatadder said:

Mine arrived today, absolutely lives up to my high expectations for it.   Even though I won’t use them, it was the little things like the pre cut etched plates that really set it apart.

Now to get to work on removing the coal sector logos, and get it converted to 56078 in 1999 condition 

IMG_9438.jpeg

What did you use to get it off please ?

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

What did you use to get it off please ?

Not started yet, but I will be using e Amal thinners as per James and Nick,  all be it there’s a little more risk when you won’t be covering the area with a new transfer

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Not started yet, but I will be using e Amal thinners as per James and Nick,  all be it there’s a little more risk when you won’t be covering the area with a new transfer

I’d be more concenered about the solidity of the grey transition. I’ve got a few blue box with wavy lines awaiting repainting 

7 hours ago, RBE said:

The angle of the photo makes the bogie appear in different locations as the bogie is further in than the bodyside. The wheels are also not evenly spaced on the real one. 

Ok, I understand ref the axles. But this is two side on photos. What am I missing? The step on the bogie and on the foot plate do not line up and the edge of the bogie frame looks to be further inset than it should?

IMG_9400.png

IMG_9401.png

3 minutes ago, Dorset33 said:

Ok, I understand ref the axles. But this is two side on photos. What am I missing? The step on the bogie and on the foot plate do not line up and the edge of the bogie frame looks to be further inset than it should?

IMG_9400.png

IMG_9401.png

The bogies on the models may have a little fore and aft play to allow proper negotiation of trainset curves and inclines, so the bodyshell on the examples may be pushed forward in transit?

Just speculation, as I dont have one

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I’d be more concenered about the solidity of the grey transition. I’ve got a few blue box with wavy lines awaiting repainting 

That is my worry,

worst case I have to respray the grey (at least that can be done with the glazing etc left in situ) 

James managed it, so it’s certainly possible.

• Friendly/supportive 1