OO9 Baguley-Drewry 70hp Diesel Loco

Paul.Uni

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking good. It appears that it may even have a working head/tail light. Hope the chassis is available separately as it will be very useful especially if it has a flywheel and runs well. It could well topple the ubiquitous Kato 109 from the 'chassis of choice' for scratchbuilders.

16 hours ago, Nile said:

You can't see its wheels in those photos, so I see what you mean.

These locos do sit very close to the ground in real life making the wheels and the wheelbase almost invisible, and many are confused because the axleboxes and springs aren't visible. On the full-size locos they are fitted to the inside faces of the frames and the axleboxes are life-sealed.

Does anyone know if there is a cunning plan to supply the distinctive large end weights/coupler blocks as add-ons?

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Let’s just all hope it arrives in early 2023 as it was January 2019 when it was announced.

Terry 

The Bachmann website gives release dates for models that are due between now and Aug/Sep. These are listed as 'Awaiting'.

• RMweb Premium
On 28/11/2022 at 11:18, happyChappy said:

Looking good. It appears that it may even have a working head/tail light. Hope the chassis is available separately as it will be very useful especially if it has a flywheel and runs well. It could well topple the ubiquitous Kato 109 from the 'chassis of choice' for scratchbuilders.

I doubt it somehow a) because Bachmann are unlikely to release the chassis by itself and b) even if they did I doubt they could get the price anywhere near a Kato 109. That’s one of the main reasons the Kato chassis are so ubiquitous, they’re so cheap! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Delighted to see correct prototype coupler blocks fitted. Presumably (?) these pull off to reveal plug-in sockets for 'conventional' 009. I might just get around to doing a 76.2x 009 coupler - for fun!

I wonder if they are going to do a Trecwn-liveried one .......

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, South-East Rail said:

Decorated samples on display at the KMRC open day earlier today:

IMG_3581.jpeg.762a5055a0b4ed9f0d7350810b17c4d4.jpeg

IMG_3583.jpeg.f775b1ad01de81db13d22c108f3dab07.jpeg

Ed

Those Ashover Coaches in the background look rather good also

• Agree 2

Hi,

Having had the opportunity to pick up the livery sample and examine it, what struck me was the weight of the thing, it is heavy considering it’s size!

Seeing the samples has convinced me to order one.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

They’ve done a very neat job 👍 Now are those scale couplers a swap in for the NEM and hook seen above in Andy’s photos or is there a new slot in coupler hook for the pin to retain? 😀

IMG_4730.jpeg.570eb64e1c94fe713db33cef031ac150.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...