Bachmann announce NEW Class 47

AY Mod

On 17/09/2022 at 10:04, GD said:

With the 47012 seemingly hanging around in the shops I have bought 2 more examples at a reasonable price, a sound fitted for £250 and a DCC ready for £160.

Then regret kicked in wondering what to do with them so a trip to halfords was made and I came away with a tin of racking grey paint. 

So, this is the result of a couple of hours work, 47160 of Haymarket depot and I have also 47155 of Stratford (not pictured).

I was intending buying a couple of 47003s to renumber but I am really pleased how these turned out, so probably saved myself a few pounds.

20220917_092612.jpg

20220917_092622.jpg

20220917_092641.jpg

Nice work, I did 278 years back with white roof.

It seems you can get hold of the basic loco for £170 in a few places - I wonder if the market couldn’t withstand the £200 basic loco 

4 hours ago, rob D2 said:

It seems you can get hold of the basic loco for £170 in a few places - I wonder if the market couldn’t withstand the £200 basic loco 

Thanks, maybe it only appealed to a limited number of modellers, it will be interesting to see how 47435 sells, I may hold back on that one and see if the prices fall.

5 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Yet the SFX deluxe sound fitted ones at £300+ disappeared in seconds. I think it is much more down to quantity produced. Besides, having a blue 47 available from stock for a period of time is surely preferable to selling out on pre-order? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

What are the marks where the handrails go in to the bodyside? Is it a reflection? I noticed them on the Kernow pics too.

I hope it’s the same model - pre-production or an advance shipment by air - because the ETH plugs are missing on the front. I would be somewhat concerned if they were missing on production models, or even just in the fit yourself category. They are so fundamental on 47/4s they need to be factory fitted.

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the pics on the Kernow thread, it looks like all the detailing is missing from the front, so it's probable that the ETH plug/socket/leads are in the detailing pack.

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Ian J. said:

Looking at the pics on the Kernow thread, it looks like all the detailing is missing from the front, so it's probable that the ETH plug/socket/leads are in the detailing pack.

So we now buy an NB loco model and have to convert it to ETH ourselves :-) ?  Let's hope not. For me it would be a very retrograde step as not everyone wants to fit the detail pack (or indeed open the packet), so the model should look fine without it - as is normally the case. The two holes without the ETH plug look ridiculous on a working model and it's not a 47/4 without them.

I shall wait until Bachmann's catalogue 47435 and 47711 appear as the available images show the ETH plugs as fitted.

Since I already have the earlier GWR liveried 47628 model and 47484 has the radio aerial making it too late for me, I shall probably pass on 47484.

6 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

So we now buy an NB loco model and have to convert it to ETH ourselves :-) ?  Let's hope not. For me it would be a very retrograde step as not everyone wants to fit the detail pack (or indeed open the packet), so the model should look fine without it - as is normally the case. The two holes without the ETH plug look ridiculous on a working model and it's not a 47/4 without them.

I shall wait until Bachmann's catalogue 47435 and 47711 appear as the available images show the ETH plugs as fitted.

Since I already have the earlier GWR liveried 47628 model and 47484 has the radio aerial making it too late for me, I shall probably pass on 47484.

Wether the ETH is in the bag or fitted to the loco is not a deal breaker for me but having said that I do have a 47435 on order from TMC with value weathering so I would hope there fitted or I will end up with bright orange plugs on a grimy loco. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GD said:

Wether the ETH is in the bag or fitted to the loco is not a deal breaker for me but having said that I do have a 47435 on order from TMC with value weathering so I would hope there fitted or I will end up with bright orange plugs on a grimy loco. 

Hi GD, you have to specify to have the detail parts fitted with TMC otherwise they won't do it.

20 hours ago, Ian J. said:

I was at Kernow last week and got 47484.... ETH is an extra in box and holes in front where to put them 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 25/09/2022 at 20:43, GraemeWatson said:

Here's a quick photo the Kernow Models Exclusive 2022 release, Billingham Enterprise 47363 SFX.

The chromatic windows look really good.

A fine addition to my collection after several years of service of the Lima version.

IMG_20220925_190508~2.jpg

IMG_20220925_190457~2.jpg

Received mine the other day and must admit that this is a fine looking locomotive. Unfortunately the Etched name plates were missing from the box and im waiting for a replacement set from Kernow to be sent. Good to see the SFX versions being well received.

I keep debating whether or not to buy 47 435 to replace one of my old Lima 47's but however much it may be a detailed improvement on the old Lima model the eth cable as a user add on, bit of a distinct minus for me.

Actually I have a Lima 47 parked at the side of an Accurascale Deltic and don't think it looks too bad, the Lima model may lack detail but it captures the look of a 47 fairly well so I think I might save my money.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2